• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do men have a right to choose regarding their own bodies?

DarkWizard12

Sir Poop A lot
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
If Biden is going to be sending strike teams to people's doors to make sure we've been vaccinated, or if it's going to be a common thing for shops to be asking for our vaccine passports for the rest of our lives, then we've never really had a right to our own bodies. It seems that, there's a certain amount of privilege to being a woman, because only a woman is allowed full bodily autonomy, whereas, if you're a man, society kinda just says screw you and your medical privacy rights.

Ultimately, Roe v Wade, if it's going to be applied consistently(it won't be, feminists will see to that), also has to be applied to men.

If Biden is going to be sending strike teams to people's doors to make sure we've been vaccinated, or if it's going to be a common thing for shops to be asking for our vaccine passports for the rest of our lives, then we've never really had a right to our own bodies. It seems that, there's a certain amount of privilege to being a woman, because only a woman is allowed full bodily autonomy, whereas, if you're a man, society kinda just says screw you and your medical privacy rights.

Ultimately, Roe v Wade, if it's going to be applied consistently(it won't be, feminists will see to that), also has to be applied to men.

You don't have to get a vaccine, but can if you want. Women don't have to get an abortion, but.....oh....wait.

In addition to mischaracterizing what the government is doing, your point is nonsensical imo because the vaccine would be applied to all, not a single sex.

Strike teams.

coming to my door to educate me on where or how I can get the vaccine is now "sending strike teams?"

I mean, we have all read over the top rhetoric on discussion forums, so we should be used to this, but this one really takes the cake.

For those of us who aren't spending the WHOLE DAY looking for something to be outraged by, was that a heck of a EURO final soccer game or what?

This isn't the dumbest OP I've ever read, but it might crack the top 20.

What in the goddamned **** are you talking about

What in the goddamned **** are you talking about
It’s a pretty absurd “my body my choice“ take. I’ve seen it used in a few arguments.

The sad part is there can be a valid debate on how much choice/control one has over their body versus circumstances allowing others to determine what one is allowed/must do with their body.

It’s a pretty absurd “my body my choice“ take. I’ve seen it used in a few arguments.

The sad part is there can be a valid debate on how much choice/control one has over their body versus circumstances allowing others to determine what one is allowed/must do with their body.

Do these people think there are actual vaccine ninjas

From what I understand it will not be your so called "strike teams", it will be local community volunteers. Also, you will not be forced to take the vaccine as you and others have put forward, that is a lie and bullshit. Maybe you should try telling the truth for once instead of this and other lies like Trump won the election

What strike teams are being sent to people’s homes? This all sounds super hysterical.

YOu can choose not to take the vaccine. Just as the rest of society can choose not to do business with plague spreaders.

Rights. We all have ‘em.

Back
Top Bottom