• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do male-to-female transgender athletes have an unfair advantage in some women's sports?

Do male-to-female transgender athletes have an unfair advantage in some women's sports?

• Total voters
What a sick term. “Queer kids”. Horrible that you like it. More you love it because it makes you feel good. Sad

Oh look, the person with anti-trans views wants to comment on an LGBTQ term. Wonder if he knows what the Q sometimes stands for. ;)

THis topic is so easy for me because i base it on reality, facts, rights, freedom and scienceand not feelings

why is that so hard for others?
what is hard about this . . .

if science proves that there is an unfair advantage as a blanket statement for all individuals and all sports Ill totally support banning it for scholastic sports
if science proves something else, ill support that also

simple, no feelings involved

outside of scholastic sports its nobody's business

Ill never sport forcing an outside orgs doing something as long as they are operating inside the law and not violating rights or illegally discriminating
if the NHL decides to go coed thats their choice and we are free not to participate and or support them
🦗🦗🦗

😁:coffee:

Desantis is a freaking idiot, I think thats something that we can finally ALL agree on, 100% of us.

He NAILED this one here tho, a broken clock is right occasionally. But Decrapis is merely pandering and injecting himself into this issue when he shouldn't be to take advantage of populist support IMO. I am only guessing, but I would say that the vast majority of Americans dont believe this guy should be competing in WOMENS swimming. It shouldn't even have to be said, and now Decrapis will enjoy lots of support for taking a very basic common sense position on something like this. Stuff like this is why Democrats dont just run away with most elections IMO.
His COVID policy of protecting the elderly and other high risk groups for COVID was pretty common sense as well, some would say.

Oh look, the person with anti-trans views wants to comment on an LGBTQ term. Wonder if he knows what the Q sometimes stands for. ;)
I think it’s horrific that you could use the term so casually when speaking of children. I am anti trans in the sense that I believe it’s voluntary. If you choose to be confused then have at it, but just don’t be dragging kids into it so as to feel important or some weird thing. Let kids grow up as kids.

I agree that physical strength and endurance is a factor, but driving skill is paramount to competing successfully in auto racing, so unlike swimming, running, weight lifting, and professional fighting, it is possible for a woman to win a NASCAR or F1 race. Of course they are still disadvantaged, but the possibility does exist.
And Shirley Muldowney and many since her, like the Force sisters, have kicked ass in drag racing.

And Shirley Muldowney and many since her, like the Force sisters, have kicked ass in drag racing.
I remember her when I was a kid in the 70's. Drag racing is a sport where women can definitely compete against men.

I think it’s horrific that you could use the term so casually when speaking of children. I am anti trans in the sense that I believe it’s voluntary. If you choose to be confused then have at it, but just don’t be dragging kids into it so as to feel important or some weird thing. Let kids grow up as kids.

I continue to be fascinated by your ability to be so utterly, completely wrong. (y)

Trans kids know who they are. They don't need your gaslighting, and they certainly don't need your hate speech. :)

Why is there only one woman on the professional darts tour?
There is more than one woman playing professionally. But as to overall numbers my guess is it isn’t a sport most women gravitate to.
None are sports except possibly curling. And curling does have mixed gender teams.

Marathons and other endurance events might be better choices. Most of the advantages men have don’t come into play as much in endurance contests.
All of those are competitive sports. Chess may not fit Merriam-Webster’s definition but it can get exciting against a good opponent.👍

Childbirth excluded, there are no endurance sports I’m aware of where women fare better.

There is more than one woman playing professionally. But as to overall numbers my guess is it isn’t a sport most women gravitate to.
I should have said why is there only one woman anywhere near the top while the vast majority are getting their asses kicked and at the bottom.

I have a couple of mates that are really into darts and they talk about guy after guy after guy after guy... oh, and there is this one woman that doesn't suck.

Here she is:

All of those are competitive sports. Chess may not fit Merriam-Webster’s definition but it can get exciting against a good opponent.👍

Childbirth excluded, there are no endurance sports I’m aware of where women fare better.
Admittedly the definition of sports is kind of squishy but it usually requires physical exertion of some kind. So if it makes you sweat it’s a sport if it doesn’t it’s a game.

Women don’t beat men in marathons - yet - but endurance events don’t require the kind of explosive power production that many of the sports being discussed here do so a trans woman won’t have (much anyway) of an advantage.

I remember watching the Fischer- Spassky matches with my dad and yelling at the TV almost as much as I did while watching the
Yankees lose.

precision shooting, curling, pool, darts, chess etc.
Okay...but in most of those mentioned above activities men and women seldom compete together. Besides pool, darts and chess the like are not a sport but an activity.

Men are not women. Biological men have an advantage over women in size, speed, strength, cardio capacity and size. It's not at all fair to allow trans women to compete against biological women. We don't allow high school kids to compete with junior high kids and rarely to we allow men and women to compete in athletic competitions. Nature tells us there are male and female of the species and the purpose of that is to pro-create.

Back
Top Bottom