• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do I need stitches? ASAP response please.

Gray_Fox_86

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The garage door came loose and smacked me in the head. Are stitches needed?

P1010106-1.jpg

I think this is a question a doctor should answer. If your unsure, just go to a doctor.

I think this is a question a doctor should answer. If your unsure, just go to a doctor.

I do not have any insurance. So yeah......do not want to be paying too much money. My sis suggested that I go to walgreens and order butterfly stitches.

I do not have any insurance. So yeah......do not want to be paying too much money. My sis suggested that I go to walgreens and order butterfly stitches.

Or you can go to one of those Prima Care places.

Right above the eye in the temple area and where the eyebyow ends.

Ouch, I know how that feels.
I got hit near that area once, bent down, and hit my head on a jagged metal piece, and ended up getting 18 stitches. The doctor said a millimeter to the right, and I would have been blind in that one eye.
Like I said, if your worried, I would go to a clinic, and seek professional help.

How can you tell if you need stitches though?

if it's deep or long...hell, i don't know. if it was me, i know i could tell what i needed by looking at it. maybe you just need a dr.

if it's deep or long...hell, i don't know. if it was me, i know i could tell what i needed by looking at it. maybe you just need a dr.

It can't be that deep. It kind of hit me in the bone area. And I can not really see because right after I wipe the area it becomes filled in with blood. But not to a point where it is dripping. Just to the point where it is filled.

The risk of concussion, internal bleeding etc far outweighs the benefits of discussion. I really can't believe you're here after a heavy object hit your head, asking whether to see a Dr or not.

The skull can take a lot. I feel no pain whatsoever.

It can't be that deep. It kind of hit me in the bone area. And I can not really see because right after I wipe the area it becomes filled in with blood. But not to a point where it is dripping. Just to the point where it is filled.

go to the dr.

It's hard to tell by the picture. Exactly how long would you say the cut is? It looks to me like it's only about 3/4" long at the most and a fairly clean cut. I'd sterilize the ever loving hell out of it and butterfly it, if it was me of course, depending on if it's the size I'm thinking which is hard to tell in the picture.

How can you tell if you need stitches though?

http://blogs.webmd.com/child-health-411/2010/07/does-this-cut-need-stitches.html

http://firstaid.about.com/od/softtissueinjuries/a/06_stitches.htm

Depth. Is the wound deep enough to see the subcutaneous tissue (yellowish fatty tissue)? If so, the wound is deep enough to get stitches, but still may not need them.
Width. Can the wound be pulled closed easily? If the wound is gaping and cannot be easily pinched closed, then it will need stitches to hold it closed long enough to heal correctly.
Location. Wounds on areas of the body that stretch and move a lot will need stitches more often than those on areas that do not move as much. For example, a wound on the forearm will not move as much as a wound on the calf, so it would not necessarily require stitches.

Last edited:
I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the Internet. You should put a tincture of thyme on it, chant to the moon gods for luck, then drink tiger piss....

Seriously dood, you look fine, It's a head wound, if it stopped bleeding, it's clotting, no stitches needed, however you should see a doctor, they may stitch it to avoid scarring.

How do you sterlize something. Just soap and water.....right? That is the plan. I read the description from roughdraft and yep I do not need stitches.

Back
Top Bottom