• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do I need stitches? ASAP response please.

I've done that with my ankle a couple of times.

Another time, I had a load of lumber fall on my foot first thing in the morning and after working on it all day carrying that lumber up three flights of stairs, I stopped off for an X-ray after work that evening to learn that I had broken 4 bones in my foot. I actually ended up missing a week of work over that one.
That is no good. For my broken foot I told my mom-this happened when I was 15-and she was like if you can still walk on it it is fine. Ha! For a whole month after wards I was in a cast and then I had to go to physical therapy for two months.

Here is a more recent pic:

P1010107-1.jpg

go buy a tube of neosporin, bugs & daffy fun kids bandages 3/4'', and a six-pack of good beer (newcastle recommended)
apply the neosporin before finishing off the beer
place a kiddie bandaid on the booboo when you wake up
done

go buy a tube of neosporin, bugs & daffy fun kids bandages 3/4'', and a six-pack of good beer (newcastle recommended)
done

Beer makes you bleed as alcohol is a blood thinner.. If you have a head wound of any size you are looking at a mess. This is dumb advice.

done

who is going to be there to kiss my booboo when I wake up?

I would go to the ER for this one. It looks fairly deep and should receive medical attention.

well, you could get some crazy glue, seal it up, and drink all the beer you want. :shrug:

he learned that from all his irish relatives back in the home country

Bostitch stapler, make sure you use sterile staples though. :2wave:

Last edited:
he learned that from all his irish relatives back in the home country

Just because I embarrassed you in the Irish bank thread, doesn't mean I will tolerate your personal attacks here. Take it to the basement if you want to say something to/about the Good Reverend.

Your only warning. :pimpdaddy:

Personally, I wouldn't even spend time thinking about going to a doctor for the cut pictured in the OP, let alone actually go to one over it.

Yeah, that's not much of a thing to get excited over.

My mother (a lifelong ER RN) butterflied things far worse than that on me and my bro when we were kids. Split my chin open when I was about seven years old - big flap of skin hanging down. Mom estimated a couple of stitches were needed, but I had such a fit over that idea that, rather than deal with my hysterics, she simply taped it up and it healed just fine.

So: Clean it out, put some Neosporin on it, butterfly it, and go on with your day. Leave the butterfly bandage in place for several days. Watch the wound carefully for any signs of infection - redness, swelling, increasing pain, or pus draining from the wound. If any these occur you MUST go see a doctor - no ifs, ands, or buts.

That said, I think you're probably good to go. Wound looks clean enough, and isn't really stitch-worthy.

Although... if you start having headaches, blurred vision, disorientation, ringing in the ears, light sensitivity, that sort of thing, you may have a concussion (which should also be immediately checked out).

:peace

Just because I embarrassed you in the Irish bank thread, doesn't mean I will tolerate your personal attacks here. Take it to the basement if you want to say something to/about the Good Reverend.

Your only warning. :pimpdaddy:

this comes from the forumite who asked me if i was drunk yet when i exposed the nonsense he was posting in that thread about the irish considering an EU bailout
don't be a hypocrite

this comes from the forumite who asked me if i was drunk yet when i exposed the nonsense he was posting in that thread about the irish considering an EU bailout
don't be a hypocrite

So you are so butt hurt about it that you are following me around with ethnic slurs? Seriously old man if you want at me you know the appropriate place. I posted facts about something you are clearly ignorant on, you addressed none of it and bloviated such nonsense I simply asked you for the reason. :shrug:

So you are so butt hurt about it that you are following me around with ethnic slurs? Seriously old man if you want at me you know the appropriate place. I posted facts about something you are clearly ignorant on, you addressed none of it and bloviated such nonsense I simply asked you for the reason. :shrug:

tell us the reason you asked me if i was drunk yet (using a foreign language)

Moderator's Warning:
Stop the off-topic bickering or I'll be handing out some infraction-stitches

I'm not going to read the rest of this thread because the pic was graphic enough, so forgive me if this has already been covered.

Grey, if there was something wrong with your car, would you pay a mechanic to fix it? I don't know if you need stitches, but I know head wounds can be very serious. I would be more concerned with concussion. Get thee to an ER and get yourself checked out TODAY.

We only have catastrophic health insurance (the state in which I live in has such ridiculous gov't imposed restrictions on the insurance companies that do business here that it's cost prohibitive for us to self insure). I just racked up about 15 grand worth of medical costs, and it's still better than relying on gov't or getting raped every month by the insurance company. I bet you spend more on tv/internet in a year than what you would spend on making sure your skull isn't cracked. It's about priorities. Get your head checked out.

Last edited:
I guess I'm still old school.

I got a mild concussion about a month ago and didn't bother going to the doctor about it because there's nothing they can do besides observe you for it, which is a waste of money for a mild concussion, IMO.

Between football, boxing, and other occasions where I've rattled my coconut, I've had like ten of them in my life and I know what a really bad one feels like and I know what a mild one feels like. When you've got a serious concussion, you know it. You're loopier than hell, your memory is completely ****ed, your head feels like it's splitting in half, and you are pretty much dumber than a spoon for a while.

When you have a mild one, you should know it, too. If you didn't have anything to drink, but you feel like you're buzzed (and not a good buzz), even borderline drunk, and you've got a killer headache, you probably have one.

Granted, for a head injury seeing a doctor is probably the smart thing to do, but I'm not really likely to go to a doctor over a mild concussion simply because I've had them enough times to know what to do. I definitely wouldn't go to an ER over one. A major concussion, I'd go to an ER for, especially if I lost consciousness. Of course, the two times I've done that I was eventually released a few hours later with nothing more than a whopper of a medical bill and headache to show for it.

I guess I'm still old school.

I got a mild concussion about a month ago and didn't bother going to the doctor about it because there's nothing they can do besides observe you for it, which is a waste of money for a mild concussion, IMO.

Between football, boxing, and other occasions where I've rattled my coconut, I've had like ten of them in my life and I know what a really bad one feels like and I know what a mild one feels like. When you've got a serious concussion, you know it. You're loopier than hell, your memory is completely ****ed, your head feels like it's splitting in half, and you are pretty much dumber than a spoon for a while.

When you have a mild one, you should know it, too. If you didn't have anything to drink, but you feel like you're buzzed (and not a good buzz), even borderline drunk, and you've got a killer headache, you probably have one.

Granted, for a head injury seeing a doctor is probably the smart thing to do, but I'm not really likely to go to a doctor over a mild concussion simply because I've had them enough times to know what to do. I definitely wouldn't go to an ER over one. A major concussion, I'd go to an ER for, especially if I lost consciousness. Of course, the two times I've done that I was eventually released a few hours later with nothing more than a whopper of a medical bill and headache to show for it.

mild thread detour ahead:

recently attended sports officials training session in which it was shared that for 98% of concussions sustained, the victim did not lose consciousness
that was an eye opener [no weak pun intended]

if the OP is vain about his appearance and wants to minimize the scarring to be sustained, then he may want to see a doc and get some stitches. otherwise, stay home and self medicate

Last edited:
mild thread detour ahead:

recently attended sports officials training session in which it was shared that for 98% of concussions sustained, the victim did not lose consciousness
that was an eye opener [no weak pun intended]

Thats true. I never lost consciousness from any concussion myself, but I re-read what I had said at the end there and I wasn't very clear about that.

I've had two major concussions in my life where I didn't lose consciousness that I went to an ER for.

I'd go for any major concussion, but especially if I lost consciousness.

I just wouldn't go for a mild concussion. I've had more of those ones in my life and from what little was done by the ER docs over the major ones, I don't really see the point of wasting money on a mild one.

I only know the difference between them because I've had both. I can tell the difference between them pretty easily.

I think it's pretty serious. They may need to amputate. :shock:

Purrrrrs

I felled asleep and I woke up. Which means its nothing. But something I will say is karate kick to Tucker case at the head.

I felled asleep and I woke up. Which means its nothing. But something I will say is karate kick to Tucker case at the head.

Dude, you are concussed. You'll probably be fine, but your posts and nap suggest you shouldn't operate any heavy machinery today.

Purrrrrrrs

Last edited:
How do you sterlize something. Just soap and water.....right? That is the plan. I read the description from roughdraft and yep I do not need stitches.

Alcohol, applied to the wound....
No, don't drink it, apply it to the wound...

Then read your sig and be a brave man....:2razz:

Back
Top Bottom