• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do gun right advocates support law and order?

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

I really don't think so. IMO it is a bunch of BS. It appears to me gun supporters believe if they don't feel the government is doing an adequate job, it gives them the green light to take the law in their own hands and start acting like John Wick.

They basically have said, if the government attempts to take away their guns, they have the green light to fight back....

This isn't supporting law and order. Stop with the charade.

I really don't think so. IMO it is a bunch of BS. It appears to me gun supporters believe if they don't feel the government is doing an adequate job, it gives them the green light to take the law in their own hands and start acting like John Wick.

They basically have said, if the government attempts to take away their guns, they have the green light to fight back....

Good thing that this was just your opinion then.

Because that's in no way a representation of reality.

Good thing that this was just your opinion then.

Because that's in no way a representation of reality.

It is. When Asians where getting discriminated in March a lot of Asian leaders were demanding people in their community to rise above the hate and be civil.

MLK Jr, Nelson Mandela, etc preached civility.

Gun supporters preach a dumb quote from Charlton Heston "from my cold dead hands."

Selective outrage. Try as I might, I can't seem to find any evidence that you have a problem with the armed "protesters." Just the armed people trying to protect innocent people from having their property destroyed.

Armed BLM rioters block police vehicle in Kenosha - YouTube

It is supporting law and order. If the police will not enforce the law then vigilantes will form and do it.

No society can last in anarchy. If one side doesn’t respect law then the town will have to settle for them fearing a bullet

It is supporting law and order. If the police will not enforce the law then vigilantes will form and do it.

No society can last in anarchy. If one side doesn’t respect law then the town will have to settle for them fearing a bullet

And the truth comes out......

And the truth comes out......

Are you shocked this finally happened after months of violent riots and looting?

Are you shocked this finally happened after months of violent riots and looting?

Some 17-year old murderer with a long gun ar-15 out in public was treated with more respect by the cops than a defenseless black man. Think about that.

I really hope that sinks in your conscious.

It is. When Asians where getting discriminated in March a lot of Asian leaders were demanding people in their community to rise above the hate and be civil.

MLK Jr, Nelson Mandela, etc preached civility.

Gun supporters preach a dumb quote from Charlton Heston "from my cold dead hands."

No, that's not what they preach. It's a quote, not a mantra. Even MLK Jr's own quote is basically being destroyed by the left in this day and age. By judging people solely by the color of their skin and not by their character.

2A supporters advocate for the right to the freedom to legally protect themselves, their family and their property. They don't primarily go around just looking for people to shoot and if they did. They'd find themselves on the wrong side of the law.

That's why law abiding 2A supporters have a lower rate of crime, than even a standard police precinct combined.

Some 17-year old murderer with a long gun ar-15 out in public was treated with more respect by the cops than a defenseless black man. Think about that.

Which defenseless black man? Youre just making this stuff up

Have you been paying attention? Again, why is BLM protesting???? Are you watching the news and seeing cops shoot and kill defenseless black men?

Come on!

Do you understand what "law and order" means?

Derrick Johnson, president and CEO of the NAACP, issued the following statement regarding the police shooting of Jacob Blake, a Wisconsin father of three:

“The appalling and heinous shooting of Jacob Blake is yet another stark reminder of the free-willing atrocities committed against Black people at the hands of those entrusted to maintain public safety. This recent shooting comes on the heels of civil unrest that has caused the world to take heed to a long-standing pandemic of systemic racism and injustice.

The unfortunate and sobering reality is that Black men and women are under perpetual fear of having their life taken from them at any given moment while engaging with police officers. In a country where the phrase, “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” epitomizes “unalienable rights,” Jacob Blake is another prime example, in a succession of individuals, that the promises of this nation ring hollow for too many to be meritorious.

At this moment, the work of the American people is clear and unquestionable; we must continue to fight, organize, and mobilize against police brutality, and state-sanctioned killings at the hands of law enforcement. While the visions of Jacob Blake, Ahmaud Arbery, George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and countless others play over and over in our minds, we must not grow weary until we’ve achieved police liability and substantive change is realized. If there was ever a time for us to unite against a common threat to the existence of Black people, it is now.”

Our thoughts and prayers are with Jacob Blake, his family, and friends, as he continues to fight for his life and to return to his children.

#WeAreDoneDying

https://www.naacp.org/latest/president-ceo-naacp-issues-condemning-statement-shooting-jacob-blake/

Educate yourself, please.

It's amazing how far you will go to propagate a false narrative and hide the relevant facts in your rhetoric.

Are you talking about the "defenseless black man" who had priors for aiming a gun at people while drunk in a bar and assaulting a police officer, who was the subject of an arrest warrant for sexual assault, who was probably violating a restraining order, who might have pulled a knife on police while he was fighting with them and resisting arrest, and then tried to escape by getting into his car filled with young children and either grabbing a weapon, or just taking off? That defenseless black man?

The unfortunate and sobering reality is that Black men and women are under perpetual fear of having their life taken from them at any given moment while engaging with police officers.

Yeah, just "engaging" with police officers. At "ANY" given moment. Even just standing in line behind them at the donut shop, right?

Last edited:

Your narrative is false it doesn't sink in because it's not true.

Have you been paying attention? Again, why is BLM protesting????
because the guy died of a fentanyl overdose when cops were trying to arrest him.

They jumped to the conclusion that a cop killed him. And now that we've found out that isn't true number one you're probably just going to insist that it is despite reality proving otherwise.
Are you watching the news and seeing cops shoot and kill defenseless black men?
Yes I watch them and I hear them lie over and over and over again wallets proven that they lied you just pretend they didn't. They lied about George Floyd he lied about trayvon Martin they lied about Michael Brown they lied about the Wendy's guy, every single chance they get
Come on indeed you're talking about the fake news.

The only question I have is are you completely propagandized or do you know that they're lying to you and you just want to believe it.

It appears to me gun supporters believe if they don't feel the government is doing an adequate job, it gives them the green light to take the law in their own hands and start acting like John Wick.

That's no different from your own position.

If you were home and some criminal forced his way through your front door, you would take the law into your hands and do whatever it takes to prevent him from harming you. You would go full John Wick and use whatever weapons you had in order to stop the intruder.

That's no different from your own position.

If you were home and some criminal forced his way through your front door, you would take the law into your hands and do whatever it takes to prevent him from harming you. You would go full John Wick and use whatever weapons you had in order to stop the intruder.

You are comparing apples with oranges.

You are comparing apples with oranges.

How so? You claimed gun supporters believe that if government isn't providing adequate police protection, it gives them the green light to "take the law into their own hands".

I can come up with endless hypothetical examples where you would behave exactly the same way, so how am I comparing apples to oranges?

Most legal gun owners are law abiding citizens.

But there are bad eggs in every basket. These militia guys and preppers that have been stockpiling guns and ammunition for.decades are just dying to use it. They have watched too many Rambo movies. This kid who killed those people got a sudden dose of reality. He thought he could be a.tough guy walking around with a gun. The gun represented power and he thought no one would challenge it. When they did I am sure he was afraid for his life.

This isn't a video game.

How so? You claimed gun supporters believe that if government isn't providing adequate police protection, it gives them the green light to "take the law into their own hands".

I can come up with endless hypothetical examples where you would behave exactly the same way, so how am I comparing apples to oranges?

Why don't we just end the needless killing of unarmed black men?

Also, if you see someone committing a petty/misdemeanor crime, a lot of you people think it is justified to shoot said person committing the non-violent crime.

That isn't justice. That is attempted murder.

Why don't we just end the needless killing of unarmed black men?

The only way to do this 100% successfully is to instruct the police not to engage with Black men.

Why aren't unarmed white men being killed by cops an issue?

The only way to do this 100% successfully is to instruct the police not to engage with Black men.

Why aren't unarmed white men being killed by cops an issue?

This is like arguing why it is okay for a minority to call a white person a cracker but not okay for a white person to call a black person the n-word.

Minorities do not have the power or any sort of privileges

Stop playing the victim. You aren't one.

This is like arguing why it is okay for a minority to call a white person a cracker but not okay for a white person to call a black person the n-word.

Minorities do not have the power or any sort of privileges

Stop playing the victim. You aren't one.

Very few people of any color actually are.

According to CDC WISQARS, in 2018 there were 85,075 people injured by legal intervention. 26,852 were non-Hispanic white, leaving 58,493 POC. According to CDC WISQARS, in 2018 there were 311 POC killed by legal intervention. That's a total of 58,804 POC killed or injured by legal intervention. The ration of injured to the total is .9947, signifying that 99.47% of POC survive being injured by legal intervention.

For non-Hispanic whites, those numbers are 307 killed and 26,582 injured for a total of 26,889. That's a white survival rate of 307/26,899, or 98.85%.

https://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/mortrate.html

In 2018, the police arrested 3.5 million POC. 311 were killed by legal intervention.

FBI — Table 43

Back
Top Bottom