• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

do green party voters have an obligation to vote democrat?

DarkWizard12

Sir Poop A lot
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
I don't really care for either party, but there seems to be a specific hatred of green/progressive voters among democrats, for "splitting left wing votes".

The same phenomen exists among the right as well, between republicans and libertarians, although to a much lesser extent, and honestly, I don't think republican leaders think much of the LP at all.

so, discuss.

I don't really care for either party, but there seems to be a specific hatred of green/progressive voters among democrats, for "splitting left wing votes".

The same phenomen exists among the right as well, between republicans and libertarians, although to a much lesser extent, and honestly, I don't think republican leaders think much of the LP at all.

so, discuss.
Nobody has an obligation to vote for any party.

so, discuss.
Democrats have seen their margin of defeat being larger than the number of Green votes cast, I don't think R's have seen the Libertarians reach that level. All of America should use ranked choice voting imo.

A small percentage of Democrats complain about that.

Absolutely not. If someone believes in the Green platform and the Green candidate holds better to their personal political platform and politics, then they should vote for the Green candidate. The Democrats and Republicans are not owed our support or votes, they must earn them.

so, discuss.
They don’t have an obligation but they can expect to be criticized if they make dumb decisions, same as anybody else.

In Europe, particularly in countries with proportional representation, Green Parties tend to have elected politicians and environmental legislation is often passed. In the US, ideally the same would occur. But sadly, the entrenched two party system means anyone concerned with green issues should probably vote for the Dems.

Back
Top Bottom