• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do God and the Bible approve of abortion?

If there is blood, there is the soul/life...

"because the creature’s soul is in the blood and I have given it to you on the altar to purge your souls, because the blood purges by the soul." Leviticus 17:11
There is blood in a corpse, but no life.

Do you obey all of Leviticus equally?

There is blood in a corpse, but no life.

Do you obey all of Leviticus equally?
Leviticus proves what you claim in Genesis to be false...the soul is in the blood...

Last edited:
There is no proof that there is a soul. That is an unsupported religious idea.

Is this how your religious worldview responds to ideas that don't agree with your beliefs?
I believe what the Bible says...

Is this how your religious worldview responds to ideas that don't agree with your beliefs?
I believe what the Bible says...
That is prototypical circular logic because the bible cannot be both a claim and a proof of the claim.

circularlogic.jpg

That is prototypical circular logic because the bible cannot be both a claim and a proof of the claim.

circularlogic.jpg
Is that not how you claimed to make the point of when a person becomes a living soul? Why, yes it was...

Is that not how you claimed to make the point of when a person becomes a living soul? Why, yes it was...
I never claimed that a person has a living soul? You made that claim and I posted a scientific article that shows that there is no soul because our consciousness is chemical and biological in nature.

I never claimed that a person has a living soul? You made that claim and I posted a scientific article that shows that there is no soul because our consciousness is chemical and biological in nature.
Post 195...

Post 195...
What sort of JV wild goose chase is this because there doesn't seem to be any idea or fact that is relevant to both?

Then I suggest that if you believe that then you shouldn't have an abortion but my religious beliefs are different than yours and you cannot force me to live my life by your religious mythology because I have the constitutional right to live and believe as I wish, especially when our views are different from the majority.

What sort of JV wild goose chase is this because there doesn't seem to be any idea or fact that is relevant to both?
You quoted them, you tell me...

You quoted them, you tell me...
I quote you because in the previous post you said that post #195 was some sort of proof of your previous claim in #210.

The quote is not on topic. Stop dancing around and attempting to deflect or admit that you cannot prove your claims because the current red herrings aren't helping your current line of argument.

I quote you because in the previous post you said that post #195 was some sort of proof of your previous claim in #210.

The quote is not on topic. Stop dancing around and attempting to deflect or admit that you cannot prove your claims because the current red herrings aren't helping your current line of argument.
I will when you do...

You think there's evidence there is no soul?

You think there's evidence there is no soul?
Your own linked articles admit that there is no scientific evidence of a soul, despite the belief.
Yet, the current scientific paradigm doesn't recognize this spiritual dimension of life. We're told we're just the activity of carbon and some proteins; we live awhile and die. And the universe? It too has no meaning. It has all been worked out in the equations – no need for a soul. But biocentrism – a new ‘theory of everything' – challenges this traditional, materialistic model of reality. In all directions, this outdated paradigm leads to insoluble enigmas, to ideas that are ultimately irrational. But knowledge is the prelude to wisdom, and soon our worldview will catch up with the facts.

You people can really throw these words around all day and you never get bored.
I am trained in philosophy and logic. I spot these fallacious arguments a mile away.

Your own linked articles admit that there is no scientific evidence of a soul, despite the belief.

I am trained in philosophy and logic. I spot these fallacious arguments a mile away.

Trained...seals are trained, too...lol...

You people can really throw these words around all day and you never get bored.
Trained...seals are trained, too...lol...
Religious people are brainwashed into a cult not to think critically but instead, to believe, obey and have blind religious faith.

Religious people are brainwashed into a cult not to think critically but instead, to believe, obey and have blind religious faith.

Lies of apostates...ever heard of sour grapes? :devilish:

All of these are reputable sources.

I can imagine. I find philosophy to be a tiresome topic and I think logic should be applied rather than discussed.
Logic is the last thing that any of your posts will ever be accused of having.

This book is a decent introduction into logic.

For $250 this is an entire course on logic on video.

This is a very approachable into' into philosophy for the layperson.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom