• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do God and the Bible approve of abortion?

All of these are reputable sources.

in·ad·vert·ent·ly
without intention; accidentally.

Yes, we have been guilty of being too trusting in the past...

I can imagine. I find philosophy to be a tiresome topic and I think logic should be applied rather than discussed.
Logic is the last thing that any of your posts will ever be accused of having.
in·ad·vert·ent·ly
without intention; accidentally.

Yes, we have been guilty of being too trusting in the past...
You are claiming that I am gullible because you don't like the factual sources that expose the cult behavior of Jehovah's Witnesses.

You are trying to accuse someone else of your failings as a way to rationalize them. In psychology that is called projection.

BBC is overrated.
And yet they have never failed a fact check.

These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.

• Overall, we rate the BBC Left-Center biased based on story selection that slightly favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information.

Logic is the last thing that any of your posts will ever be accused of having.

You are claiming that I am gullible because you don't like the factual sources that expose the cult behavior of Jehovah's Witnesses.

You are trying to accuse someone else of your failings as a way to rationalize them. In psychology that is called projection.

And yet they have never failed a fact check.
The article you posted used the word "inadvertently" so take it up with who said it...

The article you posted used the word "inadvertently" so take it up with who said it...
Is that the best that you can do to try to weasel out of those many crimes and accusations of cult activity?

Is that the best that you can do to try to weasel out of those many crimes and accusations of cult activity?
A word of advice...don't post an article to prove your point if you're gonna turn around and disagree with it... :sneaky:

Denial isn't a river in Egypt.

We are now in 240 lands with 8 1/2 million members...

Jehovah's Witnesses have a 130-year history, are in 230 lands and have seven million members. The dictionary definition of sect is “a small group that has broken away from an established Church.” Jehovah's Witnesses are not small, nor have they broken away from another religion. “Sect” is often used as code to negatively imply the Witnesses are a cult. But Jehovah's Witnesses do not fit the definition of a cult, either.

If there is blood, there is the soul/life..."because the creature’s soul is in the blood and I have given it to you on the altar to purge your souls, because the blood purges by the soul." Leviticus 17:11

If it is OK for you to believe the above why is it not OK for someone to believe something different. Believing differently doesn't detract from your beliefs. This is the US everybody gets to choose what they want to believe. Isn't that great??!!!!!

If it is OK for you to believe the above why is it not OK for someone to believe something different. Believing differently doesn't detract from your beliefs. This is the US everybody gets to choose what they want to believe. Isn't that great??!!!!!
It is a mis-translation. It is not 'soul' which is in the blood; it is life. Although the Hebrew word 'Nephesh' is translated as 'Soul(s)' on some occasions, that is a purely English translation of a Hebrew euphemism meaning "life."

Believe what you want, just don't tell me the Bible says different, when I know it doesn't...

It is a mis-translation. It is not 'soul' which is in the blood; it is life. Although the Hebrew word 'Nephesh' is translated as 'Soul(s)' on some occasions, that is a purely English translation of a Hebrew euphemism meaning "life."
Nephesh is the soul...

First read through Numbers chapter 5: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers 5&version=NIV

Now take a look at verse 27: “If she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse.”

Knowing that the writers of the Bible knew little about science and thus expressed themselves in layman terms, it quickly becomes quite apparent that the “bitter water” is an abortifacient clearly meant to have her “miscarry”. Note that it was given by the “holy men” (direct agents of God) to women who were accused of being unfaithful to their husbands, and so the intention was to abort the “bastard” child. Also note that all this was done at the direction of “the Lord”, which is how God was referred to in the Old Testament.

And thus it seems that the answer to my question is yes.

i don't know no gods seem to exist and no gods have told me that they care about abortion or that the bible represents them

I can imagine. I find philosophy to be a tiresome topic and I think logic should be applied rather than discussed.

Not only that but it's a colossal waste of time because most people can't imagine that it is they who are full of shit. To put it another way, it is possible to construct a philosophically correct argument that is BS.

Back
Top Bottom