• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do democrats really believe Joe Biden can unite the Nation?

Integrityrespec

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Given the deep divide in the country do democrats really believe or even care that Joe Biden would be able to unite the country? If so why do you believe this is possible. I don't know of anyone who really thinks Barack Obama united the country, so why would you think Biden can?

Given the deep divide in the country do democrats really believe or even care that Joe Biden would be able to unite the country? If so why do you believe this is possible. I don't know of anyone who really thinks Barack Obama united the country, so why would you think Biden can?

Since you're obviously convinced that Biden can't reunite America, what would it take to convince you that he can?

From what I can tell Progressives have no desire to unite differing opinions. They appear very comfortable silencing opinions they dont agree with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I do not think "united" is a binary, on/off state. It is a measure of degree, how united the US is. And I think the US would be more united following a Biden presidency than a Trump presidency. It is a fallacy to suggest that if you do not 100 % do something, you did not make something better. It is an argument in tthis case to downplay a Trump weakness and Biden strength, by setting unrealistic goals.

no one can unite this nation post Trump

the effects of his divide will be felt at the least for a generation

is Biden the best equipped to quell the proliferation of the divide? absolutely

i can't imagine anyone better suited, can you?

Just the act of displacing Trump will be a great relief to many, and he'll receive credit for that.

I have no use for Biden myself, but I'll have a soft spot for the guy if he can make Trump a one term POTUS.

Whoever gives Trump the boot will be a national treasure to me. Could be literally anyone (that isn't later revealed to actually be Donald Trump.)

I can't think of any greater punishment for him than just being sidelined and made irrelevant.

Way too late for actual justice, anyhow.

Well we KNOW Trump can't, so Dump Trump. Biden as president deserves more of a shot than 4 more years of the divisiveness that is Trump.

Since you're obviously convinced that Biden can't reunite America, what would it take to convince you that he can?

Let's see him convince Antifa and BLM to stop breaking things and assaulting people.

Or...

Let's see him convince the Dem city leaders to put down the anarchists for once and for all.

Keep in mind...if Biden would be able to reunite America as President, why can't he do it before he's President?

None of the progressives/liberals/democrats on this board believe O'Biden can do anything.

The only thing they believe is Trump has to be removed ... and if he has to be replaced by a senile, racist old fart, so be it. :lol:

Let's see him convince Antifa and BLM to stop breaking things and assaulting people.

Mycroft comes in with another round of strawmen while not giving an intelligent answer to the OP. His pathetically predictable behavior is...

DISMISSED!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

As posted above, Biden will not be able to 100% unite the country. But he will make it more united than Trump. And in my book, that's a good start and worth my vote.

Agree, it's not good for the republic to start putting past presidents in jail.

But major reform on presidential powers are essential.

Hell no. I expect the right to do everything in their power to try to make sure biden is a failure. I predict the R's will become the party of no again. I can hear mitch already warning the gop as he himself leaves office too.

I don't think any liberal believes or cares if Joe Biden can unite the country we just understand that four more years of Trump would easily destroy it, but since you asked...

Contrary to the popular belief of many deluded Trump supporters even the majority of Republicans realize Donald Trump is a piece of ****. I think Trump supporters are going to find that once he is soundly defeated and been arrested for every crime he has committed there may be a lot more Republicans who will turncoat and say, see I told you so.

Furthermore, I think that both Democrats and a lot of Republicans as well as independents will be significantly more open to the idea of electoral reform after seeing the disaster that our current system has brought us. I could definitely see a push for Ranked Choice Voting being a real possibility as a way to avoid the possibility of any further lunatics obtaining office.

Lastly, you do not blame President Obama's inability to unite the country on President Obama. The visceral hatred of him was driven almost entirely by racism. The sad reality is that the pure and simple fact that Biden is a white man will likely make many right-wing zealots tolerate his existence significantly more. He's been around a long time, and he has a lot of connections
in congress on both sides of the aisle. He's not some young hotshot that threatens their status quo and that fact alone may make many Republicans willing to work with him as a way of shutting down the Trumptards.

You can begin by telling us how Biden is going to unite the right with the left. What will he offer those on the right?

Smaller government?

Less spending?

Ant-abortion?

Keep gun rights?

Close the borders to illegals?

Become a law and order president, stopping the rioting in the streets?

What?

I do not think "united" is a binary, on/off state. It is a measure of degree, how united the US is. And I think the US would be more united following a Biden presidency than a Trump presidency. It is a fallacy to suggest that if you do not 100 % do something, you did not make something better. It is an argument in tthis case to downplay a Trump weakness and Biden strength, by setting unrealistic goals.

What does Biden have to offer the right?

no one can unite this nation post Trump

the effects of his divide will be felt at the least for a generation

is Biden the best equipped to quell the proliferation of the divide? absolutely

i can't imagine anyone better suited, can you?

It is the left who has no tolerance of the other side. To unite the country one side has to offer the other side something. What does Biden have to offer those on the right?

Do democrats really believe Joe Biden can unite the Nation?

i'm an independent, but no. only a nuclear or space alien attack could do that at this point. if either of those happened, i still wouldn't support King Biff, though, so maybe i'm wrong.

Just the act of displacing Trump will be a great relief to many, and he'll receive credit for that.

I have no use for Biden myself, but I'll have a soft spot for the guy if he can make Trump a one term POTUS.

Whoever gives Trump the boot will be a national treasure to me. Could be literally anyone (that isn't later revealed to actually be Donald Trump.)

I can't think of any greater punishment for him than just being sidelined and made irrelevant.

It's only a relief to those on the left. To unite the country one side has to offer the other side something to unite them. What does Biden have to offer the right?

Well we KNOW Trump can't, so Dump Trump. Biden as president deserves more of a shot than 4 more years of the divisiveness that is Trump.

What does Biden have to offer the right to unite the country?

Mycroft comes in with another round of strawmen while not giving an intelligent answer to the OP. His pathetically predictable behavior is...

DISMISSED!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

What does Biden have to offer the right to unite the country?

As posted above, Biden will not be able to 100% unite the country. But he will make it more united than Trump. And in my book, that's a good start and worth my vote.

No he won't. The country is about 50/50. It will be more of the same ole same ole. The left will be happy while the other 50% on the right will not. What does Biden have to offer those on the right to truly unite the country?

No ones knows for certainty if Biden can. You admit the country is deeply divided. President Trump in almost four years has shown he has not and most likely will not heal the divide.

I for one would be interested in seeing what Biden can do.

Hell no. I expect the right to do everything in their power to try to make sure biden is a failure. I predict the R's will become the party of no again. I can hear mitch already warning the gop as he himself leaves office too.

Why shouldn't they? Turnabout is fair play.

I don't think any liberal believes or cares if Joe Biden can unite the country we just understand that four more years of Trump would easily destroy it, but since you asked...

Contrary to the popular belief of many deluded Trump supporters even the majority of Republicans realize Donald Trump is a piece of ****. I think Trump supporters are going to find that once he is soundly defeated and been arrested for every crime he has committed there may be a lot more Republicans who will turncoat and say, see I told you so.

Furthermore, I think that both Democrats and a lot of Republicans as well as independents will be significantly more open to the idea of electoral reform after seeing the disaster that our current system has brought us. I could definitely see a push for Ranked Choice Voting being a real possibility as a way to avoid the possibility of any further lunatics obtaining office.

Lastly, you do not blame President Obama's inability to unite the country on President Obama. The visceral hatred of him was driven almost entirely by racism. The sad reality is that the pure and simple fact that Biden is a white man will likely make many right-wing zealots tolerate his existence significantly more. He's been around a long time, and he has a lot of connections
in congress on both sides of the aisle. He's not some young hotshot that threatens their status quo and that fact alone may make many Republicans willing to work with him as a way of shutting down the Trumptards.

While many on the right might think Trump is a piece of ****, to unite the country, Biden would have to offer the right something, actually more than something, somethings. What does Biden have to offer the right to unite the country? Nothing. Actually, not one thing.

Back
Top Bottom