• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do democrats really believe Joe Biden can unite the Nation?

I started out as a Democrat in my earlier life. Then I switched to Republican under Reagan and a little after. Then I switched to Independent. But, in my state, independents have pretty much no one to vote for in the primaries so I switched by registration to Republican since I lean right, but I am still an independent at heart. The right treated Obama like ****. I voted for Obama in 2012. Ever since Trump won the left have gone stark raving mad/insane.

Was a Republican for most of my adult life. I switched to Independent when it became clear neither party has all the answers. Tea Party was nail in the coffin and Trump was the final nail. Switched.

I will be happy if Biden can make those.racist deplorables crawl back under the rock they came.out of.

The GOP needs to find another base.

We need to pass laws that require news to be truthful

Quit feeding them the hatred, bigotry and fear they so crave

Given the deep divide in the country do democrats really believe or even care that Joe Biden would be able to unite the country? If so why do you believe this is possible. I don't know of anyone who really thinks Barack Obama united the country, so why would you think Biden can?

It depends on what you mean by unite. If you mean politically, then absolutely not. History shows there was never political unity in this nation.

In terms of racial unity, not really, but Biden will make the effort to try to re-start what Obama did. But for me, racial unity is going to be a generational thing. While there will always be hold outs against it, as each generation comes into being, there will be more progress made until the dream of a white nation will be just that: a dream to a handful of people.

Normally, our nation unites for some amount time when there is national emergency or disaster. A leader will usually rise above the politics and such and provide a good example to the American people and inspire them. Normally, even bad presidents have moments in these situations where they rise to the challenge. Like when "W" did for 9/11. I feel that Biden, if elected will try to rise to the challenge as well. Trump never even tried.

So, would Biden be able to unite America? I honestly don't know. But I do know that he will try if elected. I think Romney would have tired, as well as McCain. But, I cannot say the same for Trump. And that is enough for me not to vote for Trump; he won't even try.

Oh, no, Dems do NOT think that the Honorable Joseph R. Biden, Jr., can unite the nation.

They could not care less about "uniting" the country.

They just want the opposition to shut up and lie down while they implement their BLM-friendly agenda.

Very simple, really.

Agree, it's not good for the republic to start putting past presidents in jail.

But major reform on presidential powers are essential.

Exec branch is insanely disproportionate to the other branches at this point due to tribalism (we agree for once on this!) and a complicit media that loves setting presidents up as monarch for both the glorification and then the inevitable fall. We gotta get this **** under control. We won’t survive a Matt Gaetz presidency.

Was a Republican for most of my adult life. I switched to Independent when it became clear neither party has all the answers. Tea Party was nail in the coffin and Trump was the final nail. Switched.

For the most part, voters have a way of making sure that neither party has total control. Even when they do, it doesn't last long. It is the Independents and moderates who decide elections and they often prefer gridlock to letting either party have total control.

Back
Top Bottom