• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do democrats really believe Joe Biden can unite the Nation?

It is the left who has no tolerance of the other side. To unite the country one side has to offer the other side something. What does Biden have to offer those on the right?

The left is a bout tolerance. You are the guys who don't want Hispanics, don't like blacks, can't take gays...

should I go on?

No ones knows for certainty if Biden can. You admit the country is deeply divided. President Trump in almost four years has shown he has not and most likely will not heal the divide.

I for one would be interested in seeing what Biden can do.

There is no way that Trump can heal a divide of those on the left who have been out to get him 24/7/365. How could he? And Biden? What things can he offer the right to unite the country? I can't think of even one thing he would offer. It's always a case of compromise means you come over to my side and do things my way.

Why shouldn't they? Turnabout is fair play.

Turnabout? For what obama? Who did obama attack on an almost daily basis? Was obama telling americans the vote is fixed, rigged? Was obama telling americans not to trust their government? Was obama ranting against the republicans on a daily basis? Did obama tell us the press is the enemy of the people?

It's like trump claiming he's a counter puncher and on the night he comes down the escalator to announce his candidacy, he goes into a rant about mexicans. Killers, rapists, drug dealers, mexico is not sending us their best. Who attacked trump first in that incident? Nobody.

All the denials and excuses from the right mean nothing to me, it's stories you tell each other to feel better about supporting a very vile man.

The left is a bout tolerance. You are the guys who don't want Hispanics, don't like blacks, can't take gays...

should I go on?

LOL. The left have been all about intolerance long before Trump came into the picture. Sure, they claim they are tolerant but prove every day that they have zero tolerance for anyone who doesn't think in lock step with them.

Turnabout? For what obama? Who did obama attack on an almost daily basis? Was obama telling americans the vote is fixed, rigged? Was obama telling americans not to trust their government? Was obama ranting against the republicans on a daily basis? Did obama tell us the press is the enemy of the people?

It's like trump claiming he's a counter puncher and on the night he comes down the escalator to announce his candidacy, he goes into a rant about mexicans. Killers, rapists, drug dealers, mexico is not sending us their best. Who attacked trump first in that incident? Nobody.

All the denials and excuses from the right mean nothing to me, it's stories you tell each other to feel better about supporting a very vile man.

Hey, I voted for Obama in 2012. The right were horrible to him. Since Trump became president the left have been out to prove they can return it tenfold. What do you think will happen if Biden wins? Biden won't be able to unite the country and the right will get back at the left twenty fold. If Biden is serious about uniting the country he has to offer the right things. The trouble with both sides is that compromise means the other side coming over and doing things your way. What will Biden offer the right? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Therefore, he can't unite the country any more than Trump.

Hey, I voted for Obama in 2012. The right were horrible to him. Since Trump became president the left have been out to prove they can return it tenfold. What do you think will happen if Biden wins? Biden won't be able to unite the country and the right will get back at the left twenty fold.

Do you honestly think every democrat in america doesn't already know this? The right better hope and pray to all of their gods they don't lose the senate.

Do you honestly think every democrat in america doesn't already know this? The right better hope and pray to all of their gods they don't lose the senate.

Doesn't matter if Democrats take the Senate. The right will still go after Biden twenty fold. The left have already shown us the way. We don't really have to have either the Senate or the House to go after Joe. But, thanks for admitting that Biden will do absolutely nothing to unite the country.

Given the deep divide in the country do democrats really believe or even care that Joe Biden would be able to unite the country? If so why do you believe this is possible. I don't know of anyone who really thinks Barack Obama united the country, so why would you think Biden can?

At least Obama tried to unite the country. Biden will too. Trump purposely divides the country. But it is not just in the power of the president. During Obama’s terms, we had the most divisive legislative branch in history. The racist Mitch McConnell did everything he could to hurt the president

Doesn't matter if Democrats take the Senate. The right will still go after Biden twenty fold. The left have already shown us the way. We don't really have to have either the Senate or the House to go after Joe. But, thanks for admitting that Biden will do absolutely nothing to unite the country.

You can't unite a country when a third of the country believes in alternative facts. What we can do is improve the country by passing bills that will help most americans. We the people are not corporate america or the military who are both taken better care of than we the people.

Hell no. I expect the right to do everything in their power to try to make sure biden is a failure. I predict the R's will become the party of no again. I can hear mitch already warning the gop as he himself leaves office too.

Honestly, isn't that exactly what the democrats did to Trump? Accusations of Collusion that didn't hold up and impeachment charges.

I don't think any liberal believes or cares if Joe Biden can unite the country we just understand that four more years of Trump would easily destroy it, but since you asked...

Contrary to the popular belief of many deluded Trump supporters even the majority of Republicans realize Donald Trump is a piece of ****. I think Trump supporters are going to find that once he is soundly defeated and been arrested for every crime he has committed there may be a lot more Republicans who will turncoat and say, see I told you so.

Furthermore, I think that both Democrats and a lot of Republicans as well as independents will be significantly more open to the idea of electoral reform after seeing the disaster that our current system has brought us. I could definitely see a push for Ranked Choice Voting being a real possibility as a way to avoid the possibility of any further lunatics obtaining office.

Lastly, you do not blame President Obama's inability to unite the country on President Obama. The visceral hatred of him was driven almost entirely by racism. The sad reality is that the pure and simple fact that Biden is a white man will likely make many right-wing zealots tolerate his existence significantly more. He's been around a long time, and he has a lot of connections
in congress on both sides of the aisle. He's not some young hotshot that threatens their status quo and that fact alone may make many Republicans willing to work with him as a way of shutting down the Trumptards.

Seems democrats argument is Trump is not a nice guy, Biden is a nice guy. Trump has accomplished things, Biden will get nothing done. Seems to be the consensus . So we want a failure who is nice? Can't understand it.

Honestly, isn't that exactly what the democrats did to Trump? Accusations of Collusion that didn't hold up and impeachment charges.

Sorry but no that's not what democrats did. One day all of this stuff will come out just like it did with nixon. If you are not old enough to remember, nixon also denied everything knowing the whole time he was lying to everyone and guilty as sin. Fake news he told us, the press is the enemy, the democrats are just out to get me because they hate me. Sound familiar? It should.

No he won't. The country is about 50/50. It will be more of the same ole same ole. The left will be happy while the other 50% on the right will not. What does Biden have to offer those on the right to truly unite the country?

The country was far from united under President Obama, he certainly didn't do anything to bring the two parties nor their supporters together. If someone thinks otherwise I'd be interested in hearing where we were united?

At least Obama tried to unite the country. Biden will too. Trump purposely divides the country. But it is not just in the power of the president. During Obama’s terms, we had the most divisive legislative branch in history. The racist Mitch McConnell did everything he could to hurt the president

What did Obama do to unite the country? I must have missed it. He jumped to the side of the extreme left on every issue before he ever had facts. He was wrong on just about all of those, Treyvon Martin, Michael Brown, Beer summit, Tell Vladimir I can do more after the election. Where did he unite?

The country was far from united under President Obama, he certainly didn't do anything to bring the two parties nor their supporters together. If someone thinks otherwise I'd be interested in hearing where we were united?

yes, but he did not actively try to divide and he tried to govern in a fashion that was united

if we are honest, the problem was 2 fold. The GOP opposed him from day one as a strategy... never done before and of course he was black which infuriated teh Bubbas.

Sorry but no that's not what democrats did. One day all of this stuff will come out just like it did with nixon. If you are not old enough to remember, nixon also denied everything knowing the whole time he was lying to everyone and guilty as sin. Fake news he told us, the press is the enemy, the democrats are just out to get me because they hate me. Sound familiar? It should.

The democrats broke the law with the FISA warrants and now it's clear they are playing cover up by wiping all their government phones from the Mueller investigation.

There is no way that Trump can heal a divide of those on the left who have been out to get him 24/7/365. How could he? And Biden? What things can he offer the right to unite the country? I can't think of even one thing he would offer. It's always a case of compromise means you come over to my side and do things my way.

What I am reading into your post is if Biden is elected, no use to listen to him. We know he won't accept anything the "right" has to say.

If Biden is elected, do you believe the "right" won't go after him every day? Heck the "right" on this forum is already doing that.

So guess the country will remain divided. Congress will remain gridlocked. The National debt will continue to rise.

My experience is both sides have something to offer the country. It is in more recent times that things have become more partisan.

The democrats broke the law with the FISA warrants and now it's clear they are playing cover up by wiping all their government phones from the Mueller investigation.

Uh huh. So tell us, who's going to jail for this?

It's only a relief to those on the left. To unite the country one side has to offer the other side something to unite them. What does Biden have to offer the right?

Yeah, venting a bit there.

Certainly, they aren't reaching out at all, and I agree that would have been better.

I don't like the candidates, and I don't like the way they've handled their campaign.

I think this is going to be much closer than it needs to be, and that's a shame.

What did Obama do to unite the country? I must have missed it. He jumped to the side of the extreme left on every issue before he ever had facts. He was wrong on just about all of those, Treyvon Martin, Michael Brown, Beer summit, Tell Vladimir I can do more after the election. Where did he unite?

He was not wrong on any of those counts. He was just not on the side of the racists. He was on the side of the truth. Even when the truth did win, he did not rant about it like trump so the he can fuel more rage in his base like trump does

No he won't. The country is about 50/50. It will be more of the same ole same ole. The left will be happy while the other 50% on the right will not. What does Biden have to offer those on the right to truly unite the country?
I think Biden will pull some of the more moderate GOP along with a huge swath of Indies.

Seems democrats argument is Trump is not a nice guy, Biden is a nice guy. Trump has accomplished things, Biden will get nothing done. Seems to be the consensus. So we want a failure who is nice? Can't understand it.

So basically your argument is... "Pyromaniacs get things done. All Firefighters do is stop Pyromaniacs. They never do anything of their own. Therefore, firefighters are worthless failures and we should all vote Pyro!!!"

Given the deep divide in the country do democrats really believe or even care that Joe Biden would be able to unite the country? If so why do you believe this is possible. I don't know of anyone who really thinks Barack Obama united the country, so why would you think Biden can?

Depends on how big an asshole and resistant "the followers" are. That includes in Congress.

The regular Americans should be very open and willing to give him a chance.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

So basically your argument is... "Pyromaniacs get things done. All Firefighters do is stop Pyromaniacs. They never do anything of their own. Therefore, firefighters are worthless failures and we should all vote Pyro!!!"

Heh heh, that's pretty good!

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Back
Top Bottom