• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do Democrats have a plan for the future?

Do Democrats have a plan for the future of America?

  • A) YES

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • B) NO

    Votes: 19 65.5%

  • Total voters
    29
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
You hear all the time Democrats attacking the plan of the administration and the conservatives in general, and while I'll agree that a large portion of the party of ideas has lost their way (what's that old adage about absolute power?) I have still yet to hear of a tangible plan from those on the left. To win elections it takes more than devisive anti-Republican rhetoric they actually need an agenda to lay out to the American people not just empty campaign promises either.

So the question is do the Democrats have a plan for the future?
 

Kandahar

Enemy Combatant
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
20,688
Reaction score
7,319
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Of course not. Why would politicians waste time with trivial things like running the country, when they have a reelection to worry about?
 

Bustabush

Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2005
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Location
Broward Community Collage
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Of course not. Why would politicians waste time with trivial things like running the country, when they have a reelection to worry about?
I agree. I mean really what the heck are you thinking Trajan Octavian Titus? I don't see why there needs to be a vote. :rofl
 

Chris

Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
120
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario, Canada
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
From what I've been hearing it sounds like the problem is that everyone has a different plan. The Democrats don't seem to have much of a concensus on any of the major issues (Iraq in particular).

I just hope they get their **** together between now and 2008. God help the world if an even worse Republican candidate than Bush wins the next election.:roll:
 

Billo_Really

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
The Republican Party has hung itself with all the rope we gave them in the last two elections. They had their shot, and they blew it. Katrina ended Reagonomics for good. That party is dead in the water. The country is sick of them. The neo's are now the radicals of this country that, if left in office, will destroy everything we have accomplished in two hundred years. Aside from being mentally unfit to hold public office. The proof is in the pudding.

2006 is not going to be pretty for them. What the Republicans have done, is nueter themselves. They're nothing more than neo-steers running around with a big mouth.
 

Chris

Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
120
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario, Canada
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I don't consider myself a strong liberal or conservative. I wouldn't mind a Republican president if they were honest and reasonable. I just don't see many promising faces in the current lime light.

Please guys don't force a president Cheney, Wolfowitz, Ashcroft, or Rove on the rest of the world.
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Billo_Really said:
The Republican Party has hung itself with all the rope we gave them in the last two elections. They had their shot, and they blew it. Katrina ended Reagonomics for good. That party is dead in the water. The country is sick of them. The neo's are now the radicals of this country that, if left in office, will destroy everything we have accomplished in two hundred years. Aside from being mentally unfit to hold public office. The proof is in the pudding.

2006 is not going to be pretty for them. What the Republicans have done, is nueter themselves. They're nothing more than neo-steers running around with a big mouth.
Dude the support for Democrats is even lower than that of the Republicans.

And if Reaganomics is gone for good how do explain the booming economy and the record low unemployment rate?
 

Billo_Really

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus:
Dude the support for Democrats is even lower than that of the Republicans.

And if Reaganomics is gone for good how do explain the booming economy and the record low unemployment rate?
Pork-bellies!
 

Billo_Really

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus:
What does pork belly politics have to do with supply side economics?
I was making a joke.
 

M14 Shooter

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
2,622
Reaction score
68
Location
Toledo-ish OH
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Well I was hoping that a few of the Dems on this site would take up the challenge and prove me wrong . . . why am I not suprised that this hasn't happened? :roll:
The democrats offer nothing but Bush bashing.
It didnt work on 2000, 2002, 2004.
Why will it work in 2006?

You can complain all you want about the other guy... if you dont offer a credible alternative, all you're doing is whining.
 

libertarian_knight

DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
997
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
You hear all the time Democrats attacking the plan of the administration and the conservatives in general, and while I'll agree that a large portion of the party of ideas has lost their way (what's that old adage about absolute power?) I have still yet to hear of a tangible plan from those on the left. To win elections it takes more than devisive anti-Republican rhetoric they actually need an agenda to lay out to the American people not just empty campaign promises either.

So the question is do the Democrats have a plan for the future?
What plan does the Administration have, other than painting everyone else as what they actually are? John Kerry as a flip-flopper, when GWB has fliped so many times. Democrats as Planless, and republicans without a plan themselves.

heh heh, we're gonna stay till the jobs finished, yeah. heh-heh. We'll fight them, heh, Bring it on, heh. These aren't really plans, these are more the ravings of lunacy.

Besides, the democrats plan, might be just to have "better" version of the republican plan. I mean, why should they pretend to be different, they know they are really not.

Or maybe there on the "no-plan plan."

a more relavant question, is why does the government need "a plan" and if it does need a plan, what should the plan do? and then ask, if the plans are fulfilling the goals.
 

libertarian_knight

DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
997
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Chris said:
From what I've been hearing it sounds like the problem is that everyone has a different plan. The Democrats don't seem to have much of a concensus on any of the major issues (Iraq in particular).

I just hope they get their **** together between now and 2008. God help the world if an even worse Republican candidate than Bush wins the next election.:roll:
So, could it be, that Democrats have many plans, and believe all of them better plans than the Admins? (I of course, think they are wrong, and the Admin plan, well short of not really being a plan, is not really good either.)

TITUS< so that's the problem, democrats don't have A single plan, they have many, and the admin, at best, just came up with one and have to stick to it, because they have no backup or alternative plans?

BESIDES, government plans are socialist, just like this President and the Pledge of Alliegence.

Here's what planning will get you. The Road to Serfdom

The only plan a government will come up with, is how better to make ruled subjects out of you. They'll plan how to steal your money. They plan on who they give it to. They'll plan on how you make your money. And they'll plan whether you live or die.
 

Scarecrow Akhbar

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
11,430
Reaction score
2,282
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
The Democrats' Plan for the Future:

Refine their politics of personal destruction.

Make sure that Iraq is a much like Vietnam as they can make it. They've experience in this, since they're the ones that turned Vietnam into a disaster in the first place.

Talk about corruption and hope no one looks at them.

Complain about the economy, no matter what it's doing.

Talk about Katrina as if it wasn't the Democrats fault the evacuation and response was messed up.

Talk about Katrina as if the rest of the country has a responsibility to pay for their losses when they don't buy their own insurance.

Talk about katrina as if anyone not on the Gulf Coast cares.

Generally use CBM as their plan. It's all they know how to do.
 

M14 Shooter

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
2,622
Reaction score
68
Location
Toledo-ish OH
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
libertarian_knight said:
What plan does the Administration have, other than painting everyone else as what they actually are? John Kerry as a flip-flopper, when GWB has fliped so many times. Democrats as Planless, and republicans without a plan themselves.
I've said this before and I'll say it again:

There are several things I'll criticize Bush for.
But I havent seen any Democrat show me any reason to believe that they would do better.
 

libertarian_knight

DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
997
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
M14 Shooter said:
I've said this before and I'll say it again:

There are several things I'll criticize Bush for.
But I havent seen any Democrat show me any reason to believe that they would do better.
Not to your mind, nor mine either. I don't think anything would be significantly different in the world, should the last last couple batches of dems actually got into office, with maybe the exception of Kucinich or Sharpton. Mind you, i said different, not better.

Out of curiosity, do you critisize Bush over "safe" issues (Immigration, Gay Marriage, Stem Cell, Support for the "assault weapons ban" when it was expiring, and the like), or major policy issues (USA PATRIOT Act, Spending, War or war handling, Trade, Monetary/other fiscal policies, and the like)
 

M14 Shooter

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
2,622
Reaction score
68
Location
Toledo-ish OH
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
libertarian_knight said:
Out of curiosity, do you critisize Bush over "safe" issues (Immigration, Gay Marriage, Stem Cell, Support for the "assault weapons ban" when it was expiring, and the like), or major policy issues (USA PATRIOT Act, Spending, War or war handling, Trade, Monetary/other fiscal policies, and the like)
My criticisms of Bush are primarily the lack of fiscal discimple and his inaction in securing our Southern border. I would also like to see the war be more aggressive and major cuts in entitlement spending (inlcuding the complete dismantling of SocSec).

And while Bush 'supported' the AW ban, he certainly didnt do anything to get it re-upped. This speaks rather strongly to his level of 'support'.
 

Scarecrow Akhbar

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
11,430
Reaction score
2,282
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
libertarian_knight said:
Not to your mind, nor mine either. I don't think anything would be significantly different in the world, should the last last couple batches of dems actually got into office, with maybe the exception of Kucinich or Sharpton. Mind you, i said different, not better.

Out of curiosity, do you critisize Bush over "safe" issues (Immigration, Gay Marriage, Stem Cell, Support for the "assault weapons ban" when it was expiring, and the like), or major policy issues (USA PATRIOT Act, Spending, War or war handling, Trade, Monetary/other fiscal policies, and the like)
Well, when there's no significant difference between the two parties, why would anyone expect there to be a difference in results?

If a bunch of libertarians got elected, things would be different, and better.
 

M14 Shooter

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
2,622
Reaction score
68
Location
Toledo-ish OH
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Scarecrow Akhbar said:
If a bunch of libertarians got elected, things would be different, and better.
Indeed.
I'd be happy with actual conservatives, too.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The only plan the dems have is to bash Bush.......
 

Scarecrow Akhbar

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
11,430
Reaction score
2,282
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
M14 Shooter said:
Indeed.
I'd be happy with actual conservatives, too.
Yeah, that's true here, too.

Too bad the Republicans are too stupid to see the connection between the decline in voter turnout, the leftward shift of the Republican candidates, and the rightward shift of public opinion. They're still chasing Democrats to a socialist finish line while the country's turning away to watch NASCAR.
 
H

hipsterdufus

Since Dean took over as head of the DNC, they have been working on organising in every district of every state. We are currently at 49 states. Dean has also cut the fundraising advantage from 3-1 to 2-1.

Remember - the Dem's are nothing more than an opposition party now. You all know that they do not control House, Senate or Presidency, consequently, no legistlation offered EVER sees the light of day.

That aside. Look for something similar to Dem "Contract With America" sometime in the spring of 06. There is no point in putting out a position now while the Republican party is self destructing; Iraq, Delay, Abramoff, Frist, Libby, Plamegate, Rove, Cuinningham, Bey etc. etc.

Here are some of the points that I feel will be in it.

1. NASA like program for oil independence.
2. A call for fiscal responsiblity and a balanced budget.
3. A call for Gov. to get out of the bedroom - end of life issues, gay rights
4. Push for stronger public education - reform or eliminate flwed NCLB program.
5. Clearer plan for victory in Iraq and subsequesnt exit strategy.
6. National Health care.
7. Voter reform - with paper verifibale ballots.
8. Stronger government corruption legislation.
9. End to illegal/racially motivated redistricticting - (partly dependedent on Supreme Court ruling)
10. End to tax cuts for top 1% of Americans rolled back to 2000 levels.
11. Clearer plan for capturing/killing Bin Laden.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Yeah, that's true here, too.

Too bad the Republicans are too stupid to see the connection between the decline in voter turnout, the leftward shift of the Republican candidates, and the rightward shift of public opinion. They're still chasing Democrats to a socialist finish line while the country's turning away to watch NASCAR.

The decline in voter turnout?:confused: We had the biggest turnout of voters in the history of this country in 2004..........
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
hipsterdufus said:
Since Dean took over as head of the DNC, they have been working on organising in every district of every state. We are currently at 49 states. Dean has also cut the fundraising advantage from 3-1 to 2-1.

Remember - the Dem's are nothing more than an opposition party now. You all know that they do not control House, Senate or Presidency, consequently, no legistlation offered EVER sees the light of day.

That aside. Look for something similar to Dem "Contract With America" sometime in the spring of 06. There is no point in putting out a position now while the Republican party is self destructing; Iraq, Delay, Abramoff, Frist, Libby, Plamegate, Rove, Cuinningham, Bey etc. etc.

Here are some of the points that I feel will be in it.

1. NASA like program for oil independence.
2. A call for fiscal responsiblity and a balanced budget.
3. A call for Gov. to get out of the bedroom - end of life issues, gay rights
4. Push for stronger public education - reform or eliminate flwed NCLB program.
5. Clearer plan for victory in Iraq and subsequesnt exit strategy.
6. National Health care.
7. Voter reform - with paper verifibale ballots.
8. Stronger government corruption legislation.
9. End to illegal/racially motivated redistricticting - (partly dependedent on Supreme Court ruling)
10. End to tax cuts for top 1% of Americans rolled back to 2000 levels.
11. Clearer plan for capturing/killing Bin Laden.
1. Let us drill for oil in our own country and get away from Mid east oil.
2. Hopefully we won't have anymore attacks or natural disasters .
3. Yeah like repeal Roe V Wade..The gov has no business there.
4. Yeah pour billions of more dollars into a failed program.
5. Yeah dems have no plan now.
6. Lets just go right to socialism or communism.
7. Yeah every electiond dems lose its fixed.
9. ROTFLMAO
 
Top Bottom