• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Conservatives Understand the Concept of Corruption?

And you should be. :thumbs:

Well, that's interesting. Not that I don't see the rationale here, I do.
But I'm thinking Trump is looking weaker with Indies, and has greatly energized the Dem base. It won't take much difference this time to knock him off. Only several 10's of thousands in MI, WI, PA, all of which Trump received losses in the Midterms.

But you are right: The Dems must field a personable & attractive candidate. I'd personally love to vote for Biden. But I do take your concerns and opinions of him seriously. I hope I'm not letting my personal desires sway my analysis.

Biden is interesting; when it came time for him to decide in 2014 or 2015, he put his finger in the wind and the prevailing wind was HRC. Only as reality set in did Biden’s stock rise, imo. I’m not an ageist, but how old will Joe be in 2021? 78? I think it was VP John Nance Garner that stated that the VP job was akin to “a bucket of warm spit.” I believe the quote was sanitized for the mores of the time. Joe filled that bucket well for eight years. DNC needs new, vibrant blood. IMO Biden only looks good given where we are now......

What does NY stand for, liberal bastion? That should be LB. It's not a surprise that given the full extent of TDS and the resistance, that NY would throw everything they can at Trump.

Yeah, they even went so far as to find Deep Staters to serve on Grand Juries

Only when they are doing the investigating. Its a hoax and a witch hunt when they are the ones being investigated.

And you should be. :thumbs:

Well, that's interesting. Not that I don't see the rationale here, I do.
But I'm thinking Trump is looking weaker with Indies, and has greatly energized the Dem base. It won't take much difference this time to knock him off. Only several 10's of thousands in MI, WI, PA, all of which Trump received losses in the Midterms.

But you are right: The Dems must field a personable & attractive candidate. I'd personally love to vote for Biden. But I do take your concerns and opinions of him seriously. I hope I'm not letting my personal desires sway my analysis.

Since I very much liked Jeb Bush last time around, I can't fault you for liking and supporting Joe Biden. Seems, however, that time for serious moderates has passed us by. Would be hard for the Democrat Party to put up an old white guy - Biden, Sanders - while at the same time criticizing the Republicans for being the party of old white men. They've tied their wagon to the minority/gender horse, for better or worse, and I just don't see the man of colour or the woman on the left who fits their assumed persona. At least there's no one on the left, currently, who fits that bill and has any level of gravitas.

But two years is still a long time and someone could emerge and Trump is quite capable of crossing the boundary where even his loyal base could abandon him. Just don't see it at this point.

By the way, I'd love if you'd take Justin Trudeau - he's the liberal type of dream candidate, relatively good looking and totally vacuous.

Biden is interesting; when it came time for him to decide in 2014 or 2015, he put his finger in the wind and the prevailing wind was HRC. Only as reality set in did Biden’s stock rise, imo. I’m not an ageist, but how old will Joe be in 2021? 78? I think it was VP John Nance Garner that stated that the VP job was akin to “a bucket of warm spit.” I believe the quote was sanitized for the mores of the time. Joe filled that bucket well for eight years. DNC needs new, vibrant blood. IMO Biden only looks good given where we are now......
I wasn't sure what to make of Biden not running in 2016, but after his son's untimely passing I felt there was no choice but to take him at his word - unless proven otherwise. I believe Biden would have dispatched Trump, due to his pull with the core Trump demographic:

Older, Caucasian, working-class, or displaced (former) working-class, often Catholic or Christian.

Since I very much liked Jeb Bush last time around, I can't fault you for liking and supporting Joe Biden. Seems, however, that time for serious moderates has passed us by. Would be hard for the Democrat Party to put up an old white guy - Biden, Sanders - while at the same time criticizing the Republicans for being the party of old white men. They've tied their wagon to the minority/gender horse, for better or worse, and I just don't see the man of colour or the woman on the left who fits their assumed persona. At least there's no one on the left, currently, who fits that bill and has any level of gravitas.
You hit the nail on the head here, I believe. Rather than attract natural diversity through great universal American policies, the Dems seemed to go out-of-their-way to actively court diversity & minority participation. Now after several decades of this, who from the new farm team can appeal to the Indies & moderate Republicans in terms of demographics? Corey Booker? Ocaio-Cortez? Yes, it is true that in demographic terms America is becoming a country of the minorities they've embraced. But for now, it seems they may have painted themselves in a corner a bit, in the present. I don't see a Dem newcomer with sufficient universal appeal, despite the Beto O'Rourke & Oscaio-Cortez hoopla.

But then maybe I'm just a part of the old guard, and am missing the breadth of the liberal groundswell. There is a groundswell within the Dem party, no doubt. I'm just not sure it (currently) transfers outside the party. We shall see.

But two years is still a long time and someone could emerge and Trump is quite capable of crossing the boundary where even his loyal base could abandon him. Just don't see it at this point.
Here's an interesting take on Biden, Romney, and the possibility of a third party run - if you're interested. I found it pretty interesting.

(Politico) Biden Should Run on a Unity Ticket With Romney

By the way, I'd love if you'd take Justin Trudeau - he's the liberal type of dream candidate, relatively good looking and totally vacuous.
Funny.

Remind me, where is the evidence of Trump related "Russian collusion"? The Mueller investigation has clearly been a partisan witch hunt, supported by hyper-partisan narcissists in the news media. The whole investigation is based on a discredited opposition research dossier that was put together initially by a republican, but then purchased and greatly expanded by Hillary and the DNC. That dossier includes alleged negative information about Trump, sourced from THE RUSSIANS! In other words, Hillary was getting foreign op-research from Ukraine and Russia, which was used as "insurance" to take down Trump, in case Hillary didn't win! When they applied for a wire tap, the FBI refused to disclose the evidence they were basing their application on, then lied about it for 2 years!

Let me clear this up for you. The whole "Russia Collusion" investigation is supposed to prove that Trump aquired op-research on Hillary, from Russian sources(which isn't even illegal to my knowledge). But the whole investigation is based on op-research from Russian sources, bought and paid for by Hillary and the DNC!

In other words, Trump is being investigated for 'allegedly' doing exactly the same thing that we KNOW Hillary was doing!

This tactic comes right out of Alinsky's play book "Rules for Radicals" Accuse your opponent of the same unlawful action that you yourself are doing.

You hit the nail on the head here, I believe. Rather than attract natural diversity through great universal American policies, the Dems seemed to go out-of-their-way to actively court diversity & minority participation. Now after several decades of this, who from the new farm team can appeal to the Indies & moderate Republicans in terms of demographics? Corey Booker? Ocaio-Cortez? Yes, it is true that in demographic terms America is becoming a country of the minorities they've embraced. But for now, it seems they may have painted themselves in a corner a bit, in the present. I don't see a Dem newcomer with sufficient universal appeal, despite the Beto O'Rourke & Oscaio-Cortez hoopla.

But then maybe I'm just a part of the old guard, and am missing the breadth of the liberal groundswell. There is a groundswell within the Dem party, no doubt. I'm just not sure it (currently) transfers outside the party. We shall see.

Here's an interesting take on Biden, Romney, and the possibility of a third party run - if you're interested. I found it pretty interesting.

(Politico) Biden Should Run on a Unity Ticket With Romney

Funny.

Interesting article and concept, although I don't see Romney as the match since I do strongly believe that Romney has another kick at the Republican can for when Trump finally leaves the scene - he's young enough - I also see Jeb Bush planning a similar play for when Trump is gone - following Trump, these two moderate, serious voices will look pretty appealing to Republicans, I think.

Back
Top Bottom