• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do conservatives actually want better investigative journalism or do they just want Rush Limbaugh style infotainment?

There is no journalism today in the "Edward R. Murrow" sense.

It is all red or blue team garbage.

I cannot take conservative media critique seriously when they do not offer constructive solutions, it just comes off as complaining.

This why I go to more independent media outfits, where they talk about things CNN won't and isn't just team Blue nonsense. But I find conservatives complain about "liberal media", but never hold their own media accountable for anything.

All I want is unbiased journalism.

btw, Rush, Maddow, Tucker...all the talking potato heads...are not practicing journalism. I dismiss the lot of them.
That sounds really strange coming from someone who calls anything that doesn't align with his world view "fake news", most of which ends up being true.

Yes you did, in this very thread:

But you called him a potato head, what has he done to earn that medal?

Can you actually articulate why Trump thinks he deserves that medal, without just saying "go check out Trump's speech about it"?
I named three people. Then I mentioned a group of people...talking potato heads. Two separate points.

I apologize you for your inability to understand my words.

And no, if you have a question about why Trump awarded Rush that medal, do your own work. Don't be lazy.

That sounds really strange coming from someone who calls anything that doesn't align with his world view "fake news", most of which ends up being true.
I don't call "anything that doesn't align with my world view" fake news. I call fake news fake news.

Do conservatives actually want better investigative journalism or do they just want Rush Limbaugh style infotainment?

Conservatives complain about the "liberal media", but what do they want instead? Seems like their media critique is pretty hollow when all they seem to want is infotainment.

There is actual valid critiques of MSM, but Conservatives never seem to want to make good faith critiques of media. I also wonder if Conservatives can respond to this thread without saying "No, it's the liberals who want infotainment" and stick to the topic at hand.

I can. And I don't care what the political lean is; I want investigative journalism to be just that and to follow this: SPJ Code of Ethics - Society of Professional Journalists

I don't call "anything that doesn't align with my world view" fake news. I call fake news fake news.
Yet it usually ends up being right. You've been proven wrong over and over and over and over again. Remember when you called COVID a flu and totally no big deal? FAKE NEWS right?

I named three people. Then I mentioned a group of people...talking potato heads. Two separate points.

I apologize you for your inability to understand my words.

And no, if you have a question about why Trump awarded Rush that medal, do your own work. Don't be lazy.

You said this:

'' btw, Rush, Maddow, Tucker...all the talking potato heads...are not practicing journalism. I dismiss the lot of them.'' It's pretty easy to conclude that you are calling Rush, Maddow, and Tucker potato heads from that sentence, if that wasn't your intention then you should have been more clear.

Also, why isn't Rush a potato head?

There is no journalism today in the "Edward R. Murrow" sense.

It is all red or blue team garbage.

Every conservative alive would have hated Murrow if he were around the last 4 years. *Hated his guts*.

Its funny we see these blanket "conservatives" remarks like they really know what we use for sources. Your average poster on this site is using a large group of sources and yet we still hear the stereotype instead of thoughtful commentary.

For instance for me, its the Guardian, the Wall Street Journal, and the Chicago Tribune for print sources (viewed online) and several news aggregates. Fox news isn't even in the equation nor is OAN or infotainment although I do look at the Bongino report twice a week.

Maybe some more thought should go into what you know instead of just spouting what you think you know.

What you read isn’t the same as what you argue.

Re: your first sentence: we both know if I searched your posts I’d find tons of references to“the left” and how “they” think and act.

PSSST - any news YOU don`t like IS fake news!

fake-news-its-5b3443.jpg

What you read isn’t the same as what you argue.

Re: your first sentence: we both know if I searched your posts I’d find tons of references to“the left” and how “they” think and act.
You will also find the Guardian as a go to source, quite often.

The Rush Show is now 90% heralding and 10% Rush clips. What do you think Trumpers want?

All I want is unbiased journalism.

btw, Rush, Maddow, Tucker...all the talking potato heads...are not practicing journalism. I dismiss the lot of them.
So who is practicing journalism is your opinion?

Conservatives complain about the "liberal media", but what do they want instead? Seems like their media critique is pretty hollow when all they seem to want is infotainment.

There is actual valid critiques of MSM, but Conservatives never seem to want to make good faith critiques of media. I also wonder if Conservatives can respond to this thread without saying "No, it's the liberals who want infotainment" and stick to the topic at hand.
they have become totally addicted to dis/mis/information tv that is sometimes less than truthful and gets them mad.

Back
Top Bottom