• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do black people scare you?

I was shopping today in my local Walmart, which rarely has any black people and it was different today. There were 50% more than usual and a few of the males I walked by were talking about the recent killings. They were also eyeballing me pretty hard but causing no trouble. I'm often asked if I'm a cop, I guess because I workout and have short hair, not sure.

The atmosphere was definitely tense and different, making me wonder are others feeling any changes? I'm pretty much color blind, until someone gives me a reason not to be.

Not really. They never did, and I don't see why that would change. I am statistically aware, however. So, if I am walking or driving through Detroit, I'd be on a higher level of alert than I would be when partying or going through Boise, Idaho.

Singles don't bother me, but a group, depending on how they are dressed makes me nervous.

I like to see conventionally dressed black people. They don't creep me out like the "gangsta clothing" does.

Yeah, I guess it's racist if I'm against the clothing styles commonly worn by blacks who prefer to intimidate whites when they can. Then again I'd probably pick up a hitchhiker if he was dressed like Tiger Woods.

"Clothing makes the man"

Id have to say thats almost as bad and just as illogical as skin color. Can certain outfits let you know about a person? of course there are some but it's very specific and minute. Judging a man by his close is judging a book by its cover and being about stereotypical as a person can be.

but "gangsta clothing" is subjective and not accurate description and "clothing styles commonly worn by blacks who prefer to intimidate whites" well I personally dont know what that is.

For example the Lowes I frequent has seen be in a tie, khakis, jeans and a steeler jersey, camo shorts and black tee shirt covered in dirt where my socks are brown (even though they started off white) because i was in the middle of a project, to clothes you may consider. To judge me on any one of them would be quite illogical.

Not getting on your cases but "in general" its a highly inaccurate and illogical way to judge a man.

Black people don't scare me. I'm a little distrustful of Jews though and they're harder to pick out of a crowd.... lol

Why is this bigotry being laughed off?

Id have to say thats almost as bad and just as illogical as skin color. Can certain outfits let you know about a person? of course there are some but it's very specific and minute. Judging a man by his close is judging a book by its cover and being about stereotypical as a person can be.

but "gangsta clothing" is subjective and not accurate description and "clothing styles commonly worn by blacks who prefer to intimidate whites" well I personally dont know what that is.

For example the Lowes I frequent has seen be in a tie, khakis, jeans and a steeler jersey, camo shorts and black tee shirt covered in dirt where my socks are brown (even though they started off white) because i was in the middle of a project, to clothes you may consider. To judge me on any one of them would be quite illogical.

Not getting on your cases but "in general" its a highly inaccurate and illogical way to judge a man.

Not really. They never did, and I don't see why that would change. I am statistically aware, however. So, if I am walking or driving through Detroit, I'd be on a higher level of alert than I would be when partying or going through Boise, Idaho.

There's a movie called "Die Hard 2" where the main character McClain (Bruce Willis), where's a sign in Harlem that says "I hate N-word" and Samuel Jackson says, "Call the police, a man is about to be killed." Would that happen if a black man wore a sign saying, "I hate white people?"

Only the ones that look at me funny or with otherwise unknown/malicious intentions.

Just came back from a missionary trip to Jamaica, and I couldn't recall anyone there who scared me (and their population is around 90% black IIRC).

On the contrary, the clothes are an indication of the willingness to assimilate, to BE American rather than a rebellious, lawless subculture.

Clothing is a statement. Dressing normally is a way of saying, "I want to be successful. I want to prosper. I want a job. I want to work and be a good citizen and make America great."

Dressing with your rear end hanging out is a way of saying, "Screw you" (and hand over your wallet).

What's funny about saying you don't trust Jews?

Step 1 = recognize that the joke flew over your head towards the moon

Step 2 = recognize the joking poster isn't actually being serious about being distrustful of Jews

Step 3 = move on to another thread buddy

It's an old joke dude, lighten up.

There are plenty of other jokes that clearly would be against the rules here. Using blanket statements against Jews is no different from saying things about blacks, Latinos, etc.

There are plenty of other jokes that clearly would be against the rules here. Using blanket statements against Jews is no different from saying things about blacks, Latinos, etc.

Wahh, I need my mammy.

Step 1 = recognize that the joke flew over your head towards the moon

Step 2 = recognize the joking poster isn't actually being serious about being distrustful of Jews

Step 3 = move on to another thread buddy

Step 1 = Don't attempt to tell me what to do.

Step 2 = Stop excusing poor statements as jokes.

Step 3 = Mind your own business.

There's a movie called "Die Hard 2" where the main character McClain (Bruce Willis), where's a sign in Harlem that says "I hate N-word" and Samuel Jackson says, "Call the police, a man is about to be killed." Would that happen if a black man wore a sign saying, "I hate white people?"

WHy did you quote me on this? lol

No groups scare me. Individuals can, but not groups.

Calm your tits, my friend. It was just a joke.

A joke implies it was funny. There was nothing funny about it. Rather quite stupid in a thread about trusting black people. Which is a stupid thread to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom