• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Black lives Matter?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
No matter what you are willing to believe, we know that white lives matter and there is white privilege in this country. That is a fact. Do black lives matter in this country, maybe not so much. I have lived in this country for most of my over 70 years. I lived in Okinawa and Japan for several years while my father was in the military. I went to a segregated school in the South and was stationed myself in Mississippi while it was being "desegregated" in the early 70"s and now have lived up north for almost fifty years and have seen how the country has changed when it come to whether black lives matter. It has not improved in any kind of straight line and today seems to have gone back thirty years. A good example is how we look at black people as compared to white and Asian in acceptance to universities. When we see a white person or Asian we never think, oh he got there by affirmative action a I have often heard when people see a black person on campus. What is funny is that many white people get into the very best universities because their parents went there or their parents gave substantial funds to the university. Then how do we see people when we are walking down the street. Our first thought isn't one of a kind of panic when we see a white person coming toward us, but if you really see yourself, many of us would do so if confronting a black person. And then we come to policing. We seem to be having a plague of black unarmed men being shot by police. It might be happening more often or just being shot on video more often who knows. And what do we see written even on this board is that they deserved it because they did not obey everything the cops told them to do. First the cops are supposed to be trained to handle such things without using deadly force. It is supposed to be the last resort if the police or the citizens are in danger. The other thing is that in most situations, the cops would not shoot a white person as like in meeting one walking down the street, they do not have the same kind of fear for a white as the cops have for blacks. I guess in all of this I am suggesting that in this country in most situations, black lives do not matter s much as they should.

No matter what you are willing to believe, we know that white lives matter and there is white privilege in this country. That is a fact. Do black lives matter in this country, maybe not so much. I have lived in this country for most of my over 70 years. I lived in Okinawa and Japan for several years while my father was in the military. I went to a segregated school in the South and was stationed myself in Mississippi while it was being "desegregated" in the early 70"s and now have lived up north for almost fifty years and have seen how the country has changed when it come to whether black lives matter. It has not improved in any kind of straight line and today seems to have gone back thirty years. A good example is how we look at black people as compared to white and Asian in acceptance to universities. When we see a white person or Asian we never think, oh he got there by affirmative action a I have often heard when people see a black person on campus. What is funny is that many white people get into the very best universities because their parents went there or their parents gave substantial funds to the university. Then how do we see people when we are walking down the street. Our first thought isn't one of a kind of panic when we see a white person coming toward us, but if you really see yourself, many of us would do so if confronting a black person. And then we come to policing. We seem to be having a plague of black unarmed men being shot by police. It might be happening more often or just being shot on video more often who knows. And what do we see written even on this board is that they deserved it because they did not obey everything the cops told them to do. First the cops are supposed to be trained to handle such things without using deadly force. It is supposed to be the last resort if the police or the citizens are in danger. The other thing is that in most situations, the cops would not shoot a white person as like in meeting one walking down the street, they do not have the same kind of fear for a white as the cops have for blacks. I guess in all of this I am suggesting that in this country in most situations, black lives do not matter s much as they should.

All lives matter.

All lives matter.

You are right, but in this country black lives do not seem to matter as much as white or even Asian lives. All lives matter and should matter the same to each of us. Until that happens, we will continue to have unrest and white will continue to blame blacks for the unrest even though we have a hand in it.

You are right, but in this country black lives do not seem to matter as much as white or even Asian lives. All lives matter and should matter the same to each of us. Until that happens, we will continue to have unrest and white will continue to blame blacks for the unrest even though we have a hand in it.

Sorry but my skin color has no bearing on people acting out in violence. Lets look at facts. Which skin color is killed the most by cops?

Black lives matter less to the Leftists than anyone else. You people need to stop pretending you give a **** about black folks for anything other than political fodder.

Care to tell me how black lives matter in democrat run Chicago?? They kill off 20 or 30 black people there every weekend. And that includes several black children!!! What about those black lives? What is the democrat black mayor doing about all those killings???

All lives matter including those of unborn children murdered by abortion doctors.

The fear of a black man, though sometimes irrational, is also sometimes based in rational reality.

Blacks are an astounding, mind blowing, 5 times more likely to murder than a white. Rational people are informed by statistics. The fsct that some people act irrationally in the face of statistics doesn’t make it smart to totally ignore them.

As we see, people can be very irrational especially based on isolated anecdotes, and it’s why the country is in chaos.

Most blacks that graduate high school, get a full time job, and get married before having kids are middle class and comfortable.

Bad culture is what is holding people back in America, thst is not just s black problem. Inner city poor whites have nearly all the same struggles as blacks, and bad culture contributes strongly to that.

Sorry but my skin color has no bearing on people acting out in violence. Lets look at facts. Which skin color is killed the most by cops?

What is the skin color of most of the cop killers lately?

All lives matter. By the way, what number do I call to get my “White Privilege” benefits? With my rough life I don’t seem to know where to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fear of a black man, though sometimes irrational, is also sometimes based in rational reality.

That is the brutal truth.

Why do people in certain communities oppose defunding the cops? Because they acknowledge that their communities have an unusually large number of very violent young gentleman.

Even the Rev. Jesse Jackson many years ago admitted that he would be concerned to discover that he was being followed at night by a young gentleman of his own ethnicity.

It really takes a lot of gall when some people go around promiscuously calling other people "racists" when they themselves (and their loved ones) are wary of certain young gentlemen.

That isn't the experience of way too many black people in the United States.

They can thank the Democrats for that.

Back
Top Bottom