• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do Athiests/Skeptics Have An Imagination?

Do Athiests/Skeptics Have An Imagination???

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donkey1499

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I've been thinking. Do Athiests and Skeptics have imaginations? If so, then they are really limited to the amount of creativity they have. Think about it. Some of the greatest, creative minds have followed a religion of some sort. Einstein was Jewish. J.R.R. Tolkien and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle were Christians. All of the Ancient Greek/Roman Philosophers. The US Founding Fathers were mostly Christian.

But if you ignore the religious aspect, you have the skeptics who disbelieve in big foot, Nessy, UFOs, Chupacabra, etc. This is probably due to the lack of creativity and an imagination. Murphy's Law also applies to this (anything that could possibly happen can/will/has happen[ed]). Skeptics once believed that giant squids didn't exist, but lo and behold several wash up on shore, and the Japanese have taken photos of a live one. Skeptics also didn't believe that mountain gorillas existed, until lo and behold a couple of the critters were captured and brought back to UK for further study.

Does the lack of creativity and an imagination hinder the the Athiest/Skeptic's argument against such subjects as Religion, Ufology, Demonology, Paranormal Activity (ghosts), and Cryptozoology? I think it does. All possibilities are limitless. How can a skeptic say that Big Foot (not the monster truck) doesn't exist when footprints have been found and thousands of eyewitness testimonies have been recorded? Are all these people really lying? I doubt that. Athiests and Skeptics were always the ones in school telling the little kids that Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy don't exist (of which they don't, they are only commercial and fictional characters). They always gotta ruin everyone's fun cuz they're not happy with their own lives. What's so wrong about believing in God or that life exists on other planets, and that that life might be visiting us now? It's all because of the lack of creativity and imagination on the part of the Athiests/Skeptics.

Back
Top Bottom