• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Atheists Ever Experience Spiritual Discoveries & Revelations ?

Why is spiritually linked to religion?

Go further east and they have plenty spiritual customs, ideologies and respect for all without having to believe in an Abrahamic Religion.

Why is spiritually linked to religion?
Probably because it goes beyond the physical, which is all skeptics/unbelievers claim there is...

spir·it·u·al·ly
in a way that relates to or affects the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.
spiritually

Probably because it goes beyond the physical, which is all skeptics/unbelievers claim there is...

spir·it·u·al·ly
in a way that relates to or affects the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.
spiritually
Isn’t “love“ beyond the physical?

Do atheists experience “love”? Of course they do.

and JW’s cover that shit up and prevent adults from facing legal action - you fail hard when you fail
I am not responsible for anyone's actions but my own...try again...

"So, then, each of us will render an account for himself to God." Romans 14:12

spir·it·u·al·ly
spiritually

You are missing the point.

The mark of atheism and theism depends on belief or not in God or Gods. What we define as human spirit has no exclusive, even by definition, association to belief in God or Gods.

Spirituality has never been shown to be a construct that is exclusive to religion.

Plenty of Far East, even Native American, customs and ideologies suggest you are in error to claim as such.

Therefor you do not have much room to weaponize spirituality as a measure to go after atheists.

Plenty of Far East, even Native American, customs and ideologies suggest you are in error to claim as such.
Yeah, they tend to believe in gods...seems you are the one in error...

Yeah, they tend to believe in gods...seems you are the one in error...

Far East, not Middle East. We already established that.

Your mistake then, huh...to include...

Their interpretation of Gods has nothing to do with Abrahamic Religions and you know that. The concepts are so different they are not relational. At all.

Their interpretation of Gods has nothing to do with Abrahamic Religions and you know that. The concepts are so different they are not relational. At all.
Irrelevant...

Only to you, and it does nothing to advance what you think you trapped atheists with.
Atheists believe in no gods...native Americans believe in many...any trap is a figment of your imagination...

Atheists believe in no gods...native Americans believe in many...any trap is a figment of your imagination...

I’m still waiting on you to prove religion owns spirituality.

I’m still waiting on you to prove religion owns spirituality.
Why would anyone who cares only about the material/physical world even care?

Wait all you want...keep ignoring the definition of spiritually...
Keep ignoring reality… until you prove religion owns spirituality then your OP is false.

Keep ignoring reality… until you prove religion owns spirituality then your OP is false.
Yeah, Paul pretty much explained it...don't cry, that's just the way it is...

"But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually." 1 Corinthians 2:14

Yeah, Paul pretty much explained it...don't cry, that's just the way it is...

"But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually." 1 Corinthians 2:14
Meaningless, what else you got?

I ask this question from the perspective of one who held no firm belief in God or an afterlife at the time .
I can distinctly remember as a small child looking into a mirror & looking at the way my body moved based upon thoughts prompting it , and coming to a very real discovery that there was a part of me that was completely apart from the physical.
It was quite a startling revelation for me as a child I remember.
To the point that I can remember my mother becoming very alarmed over a one or two day period where I would do nothing but spend time gazing into a mirror .
Realizing for the first time that the physical part of me was listening and was being completely undergirded by a non-physical part of me ,
Not only that , but realizing that this non-physical part , was a part that nobody else could ever see, touch ,or know .
The non-physical was the real me.
As opposed to the assembly of cells that I could see in the mirror .
My Spirit.
Do atheists allow themselves to have any spiritual side to them at all, or is this strictly forbidden territory to them that they make a conscious choice to avoid .
Or does it all depend on the individual ?
I have only ever heard Atheists focused exclusively on the disbelief in God, but never any other spiritual matter .
Just Curious .
No, I have not

Back
Top Bottom