• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do any heterosexual women like political debate?

Do any hetero women like political debate?

• No, they dislike politics.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they rule the world anyway.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No, they just agree with whatever the men say.

• No, they're too busy watching the shopping channel.

• No. other.

• Don't know, Don't care.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Yes, they just don't have time for it.

• Yes, they are interested in politics as much as men are.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Yes, they're Ann Coulter fans.

• Yes, other.

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Hay that's a sweeping hasty stereotypical generalization of an entire group of people . . . she's finally coming around. :lol: Come to the dark side mwahahahaha

I would say that's more of an observation. Kinda like "girls are smarter than guys." :2wave:

SKILMATIC said:
Umm... your republican? Why? And what makes you think you are a republican?

Oh darn. What a sham. I don't feel obligated to answer to Mr. Skilmatic. He is not my master. Read my posts in their entirety..... get a chance to get to know me.... and you will find a true consertavtive who is partial to no one and only abides by the constitution of the United States of America. Not the new age approach you seem to favor. Dare I disagree with him and I am liberal.

You know there a lot of people out there who are not as liberal as you think. What exactly is the definition of conservative? I've said this before but I'll say it again. Any person who attempts to redefine the term conservative to fit their own political agenda is a neo-conservatve.... and that is exactly what Bush and all of his sycophanitc supporters, like you, are.

So, the question becomes... what makes YOU think that you are a true conservative?

Archon said:
Tolerance would be a good start.

For what, guys? I dunno...they smell funny too. :mrgreen:

Archon said:
Oh darn. What a sham. I don't feel obligated to answer to Mr. Skilmatic. He is not my master. Read my posts in their entirety..... get a chance to get to know me.... and you will find a true consertavtive who is partial to no one and only abides by the constitution of the United States of America. Not the new age approach you seem to favor. Dare I disagree with him and I am liberal.

You know there a lot of people out there who are not as liberal as you think. What exactly is the definition of conservative? I've said this before but I'll say it again. Any person who attempts to redefine the term conservative to fit their own political agenda is a neo-conservatve.... and that is exactly what Bush and all of his sycophanitc supporters, like you, are.

So, the question becomes... what makes YOU think that you are a true conservative?

Is this how you hold a debate? Answer a question with another question? Btw, I never said I was a conservative or a liberal. Maybe you should take your own advice and get to know people first before passing judgement. I am a registered independant and I hold mostly conservative values and very little liberal values. No one is just one entity as everyone has their ideals. Just becasue you are a constitutionaist doesnt mean you are a conservative or liberal. Just thought I would let you know. I never said I support bush in everything a matter a fact I have outspokenly talked against our whole gov. I dont know why you say something so irrational as that.

This has got to be one of the dumbest polls I've ever seen in these forums. I seriously doubt the gray matter of anyone who bothered to vote?

Archon...maybe you don't give women an opportunity to express themselves? Maybe they feel bullied or intimidated by you?

Remember my mothers' old advice? "You'll learn more by listening then you will by talking."

The whole question smacks of sexual discrimination.

( Don't mind me...before I've had my first cup of coffee in the morning, I hate people, so don't take this too seriously...LOL...but sheesh...you make me feel sorry for your wife.)

I think when / if Roe v Rade gets overturned it will stir up the debate in woman even more.

I love politics. But I wasn't too interested in it until I met my boyfriend two years ago, who's an international relations major. He had to take many classes on politics and would tell me what he learned in class. One of his favorite professors taught at the Army War College, he's super brilliant.

My mother always told me that it was rude to talk about politics, religion, etc. In some cases, it is; some people don't like to talk about politics because it's too personal.

I never post here because I have mild LD and it seems I never mean what I really meant or make good arguments through writing (or speech). :doh So I just read debates here and decide for myself what's "wrong" and what's "right".

Most of my classmates are braindead when it comes to politics. Certainly, "heterosexual women". I tried talking to one of my friends (She's 20, I think?) in science class about politics. She told me:

"I hate politics. I hate watching the news. I NEVER watch the news. It is so boring! I can't stand it!"

My younger sister, who's 18, feels the same way. My best friend does too. It's very upseting to me because I think it is our responsibility as citizens of this nation to know what the hell is going on.

I quote Ralph Nader: "Turn on to politics or it will turn on you"

Kelzie said:
Guys my age on the other hand, seem to have an opinion. They're just rarely correct. ;)
Don't you have some homework to do?
But what you say has some truth to it. The males in my circle of friends are generally moderates, as I can't stand the extremists enough to associate with them. Co-workers, however, are a different breed. I know several who are unable to see the middle ground of any issue. They are either at one end of the issue, or the other.
Being only a man, but not a complete pig of a man, I will admit to not having the faintest clue as to what goes on in the female mind. I am fairly sure that while men cannot go more than a few minutes without thinking about sex, women cannot go more than a few minutes without thinking about shoes.
It is one of the great mysteries of the gender gap.:2wave:

Hoot said:
This has got to be one of the dumbest polls I've ever seen in these forums. I seriously doubt the gray matter of anyone who bothered to vote?

Well, gee, thanks. While you are entitled to your own opinion perhaps you could explain to me the incomparable lack of involvement in online political debate by heterosexual females. This poll is based upon observation. Do you deny that the overwhelming majority of people debating here-in and sites like this are male?

Hoot said:
Archon...maybe you don't give women an opportunity to express themselves? Maybe they feel bullied or intimidated by you?

What have I done to bully women? This is an inquisitve matter not a decisive one. I have done nothing to suppress the involvement of women... in fact this poll was created to try to determine why women are not as involved as I would like them to be. Just a suggestion here but you may wish to be more objective in the future and not quite so imperious.

Hoot said:
Remember my mothers' old advice? "You'll learn more by listening then you will by talking."

I didn't know your mother. Indeed you will learn more by listening carefully and being objectionable. I don't see how this advice is relevant since my interests are to hear the ideas of more women not quell them. I think you've seriously misinterpreted my intentions here.

Hoot said:
The whole question smacks of sexual discrimination.

I disagree. The only thing that is being discriminated here-in is objective thought and you are the one guilty of this.

Hoot said:
( Don't mind me...before I've had my first cup of coffee in the morning, I hate people, so don't take this too seriously...LOL...but sheesh...you make me feel sorry for your wife.)

I don't hate anyone. I dislike and disagree. I leave hate to the extremists. You should try being cordial sometime. It might look good on you.

JadeCrusade said:
I love politics. But I wasn't too interested in it until I met my boyfriend two years ago, who's an international relations major. He had to take many classes on politics and would tell me what he learned in class. One of his favorite professors taught at the Army War College, he's super brilliant.

My mother always told me that it was rude to talk about politics, religion, etc. In some cases, it is; some people don't like to talk about politics because it's too personal.

I never post here because I have mild LD and it seems I never mean what I really meant or make good arguments through writing (or speech). :doh So I just read debates here and decide for myself what's "wrong" and what's "right".

Most of my classmates are braindead when it comes to politics. Certainly, "heterosexual women". I tried talking to one of my friends (She's 20, I think?) in science class about politics. She told me:

"I hate politics. I hate watching the news. I NEVER watch the news. It is so boring! I can't stand it!"

My younger sister, who's 18, feels the same way. My best friend does too. It's very upseting to me because I think it is our responsibility as citizens of this nation to know what the hell is going on.

I quote Ralph Nader: "Turn on to politics or it will turn on you"

Welcome JadeCrusade.

It doesn't seem by the implications of your post that you are disabled. Even so if you were I don't think there is any reason to be so overt about it. Your post is interesting in more ways than one. Nevertheless I do agree with much of it.

Well, gee, thanks. While you are entitled to your own opinion perhaps you could explain to me the incomparable lack of involvement in online political debate by heterosexual females. This poll is based upon observation. Do you deny that the overwhelming majority of people debating here-in and sites like this are male?

I think what that guy meant to say was who cares?

Archon said:
That's very deep Skilmatic. Thanks for your input.

No problem. I find most peoples posts can be summed up in a few words.

Btw, I do like going deep. :rofl

SKILMATIC said:
No problem. I find most peoples posts can be summed up in a few words.

Btw, I do like going deep. :rofl

Yes I'm all too aware that you like to flamebait. It's your niche.

Archon said:
Yes I'm all too aware that you like to flamebait. It's your niche.

Hey, I have to keep the forum interesting. Dont take it personal. :lol:

Perhaps it's the wording of the question?

This isn't a logical question. Of course some heterosexual women like political debate, and of course, some will not be interested, or simply don't have the time, or fail to see the point of expressing their opinions in forums like this?

The only possible answer to the above question is 'yes.' Anyone who answered 'no' is lumping all hetero women into one group, a very dangerous, and yes, sexist thing to do. It's like asking...

Do any women like to go shopping?

Yes, of course they do, but I'm sure you could find some that don't care for the experience. So, what's the point to a question like yours, Archon?

Perhaps you should've worded your question like this....

Why aren't more women involved in political debate?

Your use of the word "hetero' could lead one to believe there's a difference between homosexual and heteros regarding their like/dislike of debate...another dangerous assumption.

I didn't know it was possible to determine genetalia over the internet? Can you be certain who you're debating with? Perhaps that 'ol tough Marine, GYSGT...is actually a 12 year old girl? ( No offense Sarge...just making a point) Sorry Archon, but I still say that's one of the dumbest polls I've ever seen, and I still say it's a sexist question. If you don't realize this, it says more about you then it does me...no hard feelings, though.

Hoot said:
Perhaps it's the wording of the question?

Yes the implications are quite clear and are subject to scientific observation.

Hoot said:
This isn't a logical question.

Forgive me my grand superior of logic. I didn't realize that you wrote the book on logic. Now that you mention it I do realize that you haven't the faintest idea of what the word means. Look it up.

Hoot said:
Of course some heterosexual women like political debate, and of course, some will not be interested, or simply don't have the time, or fail to see the point of expressing their opinions in forums like this?

I think it is more than clear that you are confusing the word "some" with "most".

Hoot said:
The only possible answer to the above question is 'yes.'

Really? So it's not possible to say no? The poll results show that you indeed are in denial. If it were not possible to say No then there would not be any person that said "no". Have you checked the results?

Hoot said:
Anyone who answered 'no' is lumping all hetero women into one group, a very dangerous, and yes, sexist thing to do.

In the previous statement you said it's impossible to say "no". Now you are saying it's possible only if you are sexist? Which one is it? You are contradicting yourself with each and every word you type... yet you criticize my logic? That's quite amusing and I appreciate your rhetoric. :rofl

Hoot said:
It's like asking...

Do any women like to go shopping?

In this context you are just as guilty as me insinuating that women like to argue by your so called standard. Again your words contradict your so called beliefs. You are not being sincere. Perhaps you are unwitting. Either way you are doing a fine job to illustrate your position on this thread.

For example if you didn't care, as you originally claimed, then perhaps you may have played more of a pacifist role here. But instead you take the time to respond not once, but twice, about something that you claim not to care about. Bravo.

Hoot said:
Yes, of course they do (like to go shopping), but I'm sure you could find some that don't care for the experience.

I already knew that the human race is non-linear in this aspect. You were trying to explain something here? Could you be any more redundant? Could you dodge the issue any than by offering such a redundant blanket statement while avoiding the fact of scientific observation.

Hoot said:
So, what's the point to a question like yours, Archon?

I've already stated my intentions and feel no need to repeat myself. I'm assuming that you can read however I do have concerns about your comprehension.

Hoot said:
Perhaps you should've worded your question like this....

Why aren't more women involved in political debate?

I've seen several women involved in political debate... most of them are leftist feminist who are more concerned about the prolifieration of homosexuality than anything else.

Hoot said:
Your use of the word "hetero' could lead one to believe there's a difference between homosexual and heteros regarding their like/dislike of debate...another dangerous assumption.

That exactly was my intention. To raise this exact question. There is nothing dangerous about it. It's a matter of semantics and cognition... not a matter of political correctness. In the female population there clearly is a clear distinction in terms of an activist role when comparing the hetero/homo population. Most homosexual women are very active in politics while most heterosexual women are not. It's a fact and I'm sure that a majority of persons that have studied political science and psychology could affirm that for you.

Hoot said:
I didn't know it was possible to determine genetalia over the internet? Can you be certain who you're debating with? Perhaps that 'ol tough Marine, GYSGT...is actually a 12 year old girl? ( No offense Sarge...just making a point) Sorry Archon, but I still say that's one of the dumbest polls I've ever seen, and I still say it's a sexist question. If you don't realize this, it says more about you then it does me...no hard feelings, though.

You're not making a point here you're being imperious and cynical when indeed such impulsive psychosis is not warranted. No hard feelings? Not on my part anyway....

Archon said:
I've seen several women involved in political debate... most of them are leftist feminist who are more concerned about the prolifieration of homosexuality than anything else.

Are you calling me a lesbian again?!? Seriously, I'm not. I swear.:lol:

teacher said:
Let's ask one...

Speaking of shopping...I got new shoes today. First time in 6 months. It was quite an ordeal.

Kelzie said:
Speaking of shopping...I got new shoes today. First time in 6 months. It was quite an ordeal.

What kind did you get?

I won't pick on you anymore, Archon, but I will say that I aced college level courses in logic, ( I loved logic) therefore, I feel secure in saying your original question has no basis in logic, and certainly no scientific analysis can be gained from the results of a flawed question.

Take care...don't let all these mean republicans gain up on you! Remember, most of them use flawed logic too...LOL! They just don't know it.

Kelzie said:
Originally Posted by Kelzie

Skilmatic said:
What kind did you get?

Sheesh! Just kiss her, you fool!

JadeCrusade said:

You make perfect sense. You should post all the time. Don't worry about a little mild LD. There are people here with mild to severe FI (flagrant ignorance), acute LB (latent bigotry), AT (anarchist tendencies), TNWIM Syndrome (that's not what I meant), EH (ego high), CI (control issues), CFD (chronic fabrication disorder), and of course, ADD.

I have fear of LORTMP (lack of responses to my posts). We all have problems.

Back
Top Bottom