• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do 1/3 of Democrats really believe Biden stole the election from Trump?

Do you as a Democrat believe Biden stole the election from Trump?

• Yes, I believe it, a win by any means was neccessary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ASHES

An Uncertain Person
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Just checking the local numbers of Democrats who think Biden stole the election, a claim made here.

If you vote in this poll for A or B, you are publically declaring you're a Democrat.

Just checking the local numbers of Democrats who think Biden stole the election, a claim made here.

If you vote in this poll for A or B, you are publically declaring you're a Democrat.
If a Democrat believes that Trump rightfully won, then he/she is not a Democrat. He/She is an idiot who refuses to accept truth and logic and believes baseless claims

Not even a link for us to read?

Who said 1/3rd of democrats said Joe stole the election?

Are you spreading fake news?

If a Democrat believes that Trump rightfully won, then he/she is not a Democrat. He/She is an idiot who refuses to accept truth and logic and believes baseless claims
I think they'd be a Unicorn, but I don't want to play No True Scottsman. If there really are Democrats who think Biden had to cheat to win, I want to 1) see that they actually exist, and 2), hear their reasoning.

Not even a link for us to read?

Who said 1/3rd of democrats said Joe stole the election?

Are you spreading fake news?

I did include a link to the thread where the claim was made, you even quoted it. Did you try clicking on it?

I did include a link to the thread where the claim was made, you even quoted it. Did you try clicking on it?

I see it now. You could've made it more obvious.

So you link to another post. The poster references a fake news article? Shame on you!

I am not a Democrat, but there has so far been no justification for claiming Biden stole the election. I am fine with contesting election results and tying this all up in court cases, but statements like that should not be made until the court cases have actually ruled on it and shown it to be true. Otherwise, it is purely speculation, and that type of speculation is damaging to our country as a whole.

i'm an independent, but i voted in the poll anyway. the answer is no. like i'm going to believe Democrats muhahahad a win for Biden and then forgot to give themselves the Senate. oh, and they also handed state legislatures the tools to gerrymander their party into extinction. Doh!

that's just ****ing stupid, as CT usually is. the narrative doesn't work, and it deserves only mockery.

What....are you checking some kind on numbers....or checking this forum for crap threads and working in tandem with other members to double-post on this board? Doubling your pleasure?

I see it now. You could've made it more obvious.

So you link to another post. The poster references a fake news article? Shame on you!
Hyperlink text is always a different colour than regular text, unless you did something to change it. Shame on DP for platforming fake news? The point of this thread and poll was to point out how ludicrous the claim is. You can't dispute the claim without mentioning or referencing the claim.

What....are you checking some kind on numbers....or checking this forum for crap threads and working in tandem with other members to double-post on this board? Doubling your pleasure?
Tandem? Double post? The intent of this thread was to show the OP of the other thread that the 1/3 claim was ridiculous. I don't know how that made me a fake news operative.

More like, if a poll actually says 1/3 of Democrats think Trump won, it's because a bunch of lying asshole Trumpists falsely claimed to be Democrat to produce that effect.

I voted "I'm not a Democrat", but after seeing that non-Democrats voted for other options, I probably should have went with the "No" option. The article in the OP where the claim was made doesn't even support this statistic. The thread's author was asked a few times to show us how he came up with this number, and he has yet to justify his claim. From personal experience, I doubt this is true because I have yet to meet a Democrat that believes Biden stole the election. That said, I do have pretty liberal friends, and I'm sure more moderate or conservative Democrats would be more likely to believe it. But I have yet to see evidence that many of them actually do.

I voted "I'm not a Democrat", but after seeing that non-Democrats voted for other options, I probably should have went with the "No" option. The article in the OP where the claim was made doesn't even support this statistic. The thread's author was asked a few times to show us how he came up with this number, and he has yet to justify his claim. From personal experience, I doubt this is true because I have yet to meet a Democrat that believes Biden stole the election. That said, I do have pretty liberal friends, and I'm sure more moderate or conservative Democrats would be more likely to believe it.
I find it more likely that 1/3 of Democrats believe it should be decided independently before accusations are made either way. As someone who falls more in the moderate end of the spectrum, that is where my feelings lie. I find it unlikely that it was stolen, but I am open to objective investigations because I would rather our election process be upheld and secure for future elections. I am disgusted by the accusations without proof, and I am equally disgusted by the partisan-based investigations.

Trump's administration should not be choosing who conducts the investigations any more than Biden's team should have if the roles were reversed. An objective team should be put together who is chosen by officials from both parties that both parties can trust not to show bias. I think with where we are at, this is as important to the Democratic Party as it is to the Republican Party because the election's security affects all Americans.

Reactions: AJG
I find it more likely that 1/3 of Democrats believe it should be decided independently before accusations are made either way. As someone who falls more in the moderate end of the spectrum, that is where my feelings lie. I find it unlikely that it was stolen, but I am open to objective investigations because I would rather our election process be upheld and secure for future elections. I am disgusted by the accusations without proof, and I am equally disgusted by the partisan-based investigations.

Trump's administration should not be choosing who conducts the investigations any more than Biden's team should have if the roles were reversed. An objective team should be put together who is chosen by officials from both parties that both parties can trust not to show bias. I think with where we are at, this is as important to the Democratic Party as it is to the Republican Party because the election's security affects all Americans.

I completely agree that there should be investigations and that preferably they're lead by independent and objective people, although in the end I don't think it truly matters (as far as the courts making the correct rulings) even if the investigation is done by the likes of Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell. I have faith the courts will be able to look at the evidence presented to them, and make objective decisions no matter who presented the evidence. However, I think Democrats would be much more likely to accept the courts' decisions with a more credible investigative team if things don't go their way. I think even more important than the outcome is that people believe the election was fair and wasn't decided by fraud or a phony investigation. I think we'll lose a lot credibility and influence around the world if most people think the US is no longer capable of conducting free and fair elections.

I completely agree that there should be investigations and that preferably they're lead by independent and objective people, although in the end I don't think it truly matters (as far as the courts making the correct rulings) even if the investigation is done by the likes of Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell. I have faith the courts will be able to look at the evidence presented to them, and make objective decisions no matter who presented the evidence. However, I think Democrats would be much more likely to accept the courts' decisions with a more credible investigative team if things don't go their way. I think even more important than the outcome is that people believe the election was fair and wasn't decided by fraud or a phony investigation. I think we'll lose a lot credibility and influence around the world if most people think the US is no longer capable of conducting free and fair elections.
Yep. If Trump has accomplished anything with his presidency, it was to degrade the opinion of us with allies and enemies alike. Many countries overseas already had a poor opinion of us, and this just solidifies it for them.

Reactions: AJG

Can you point me more specifically to where anyone is claiming that 1/3 of Dems think the election was stolen? That is not stated in the post you link to. And in the Rasmussen article that that post links to, it only says this:

Sixty-one percent (61%) of Republicans say it’s Very Likely the Democrats stole the election, but just as many Democrats (61%) say it’s Not At All Likely.
There was also a "not likely" option, so it seems unlikely to me that 1/3 of Dems said that the election was stolen. I can't view the Rasmussen cross-tabs because there is a paywall.

Can you point me more specifically to where anyone is claiming that 1/3 of Dems think the election was stolen? That is not stated in the post you link to. And in the Rasmussen article that that post links to, it only says this:

There was also a "not likely" option, so it seems unlikely to me that 1/3 of Dems said that the election was stolen. I can't view the Rasmussen cross-tabs because there is a paywall.
The title of the thread I linked to claimed it.

"Nearly a Third of Democrats Believe the Election Was Stolen From Trump"

I rounded off "nearly a third" to 1/3, but I don't think that's the issue.

The title of the thread I linked to claimed it.

"Nearly a Third of Democrats Believe the Election Was Stolen From Trump"

I rounded off "nearly a third" to 1/3, but I don't think that's the issue.
Thank you. I missed the thread title when I viewed the link. That said, I still don't see it in the Rasmussen article, so it may be that the thread title is incorrect.

Thank you. I missed the thread title when I viewed the link. That said, I still don't see it in the Rasmussen article, so it may be that the thread title is incorrect.
No kidding. The OP wasn't taking the hint in his thread that his data were bullshit so I wanted to demonstrate it.

If you vote in this poll for A or B, you are publicly declaring you're a Democrat.

Anyone who honestly believes Joe Biden stole the election from Donald Trump is either too young to vote, too stupid to understand politics, or too ignorant to care. It is not possible to be educated about the rattlesnake and agree with his conspiracy theories.

Back
Top Bottom