• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

DNI will no longer brief Congress in person on election security over leak concerns

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[h=1]WASHINGTON — The Office of the Director of National Intelligence will no longer offer in-person briefings to congressional intelligence committees about election security and foreign election interference, according to a congressional official briefed on the matter.[/h]

source

We can't have Congress briefed on foreign interference. They just might leak information about that interference and get people all upset again. No collusion! No collusion! Don't need to worry about Russian interference as there was no collusion, absolutely no collusion at all!

You can thank Adam Schiff.

source

We can't have Congress briefed on foreign interference. They just might leak information about that interference and get people all upset again. No collusion! No collusion! Don't need to worry about Russian interference as there was no collusion, absolutely no collusion at all!

They "just might leak (classified) information"?

Wrong.

They "will" leak classified information. It's what they do.

source

It's not "will no longer brief", it's "will no longer brief in person" and that makes all kinds of sense because half the idiots in congress spend all their time at these "briefings" flinging poo and lecturing administration officials on how horrible they are instead of listening to what's being said.

Just another way for Trump to undermine election integrity. Best case for him, the Russians waltz in and hand it to him. Worst case, the information is kept from the public eye or subject to congressional bickering and DHS lawsuits that allow him to muddy the waters around results. Win-win for Trump if he gets his way.

They "just might leak (classified) information"?

Wrong.

They "will" leak classified information. It's what they do.

We clearly can't trust Congress. Might as well disband them and let Trump rule alone, right? I'm sure he'd like that.

We clearly can't trust Congress. Might as well disband them and let Trump rule alone, right? I'm sure he'd like that.

Nah...don't get all hyperbole on me. That extreme isn't necessary.

Just vote in people who are interested in the rule of law and working for the people...while abiding by the law.

Just vote in people who are interested in the rule of law and working for the people...while abiding by the law.

So, no more presidents who surround themselves with criminals? Sounds like a plan to me.

So, no more presidents who surround themselves with criminals? Sounds like a plan to me.

We are talking about Congress...but yeah...sure.

It's refreshing to have an honest administration after enduring eight years of Obama and Democrat corruption.

Yep, that’s why we need Joe

Yep, that’s why we need Joe

Right.

Joe worked for two of the biggest classified info leakers in the US: Congress and the Obama administration.

If he didn't know what was going on then, what makes you think he'll know what's going on next year?

i hope that the DNC has accepted that the gloves are off. i don't advocate that they cheat and suppress the vote like Republicans, but they need to plan to defend themselves and compete in this game.

We are talking about Congress...but yeah...sure.

It's refreshing to have an honest administration after enduring eight years of Obama and Democrat corruption.

Oh, yes, isn't it? Once they got rid of these guys, the administration got more honest.... well, we still have the prevaricator in chief for a few more weeks.

1576609827172.png

Right.

Joe worked for two of the biggest classified info leakers in the US: Congress and the Obama administration.

If he didn't know what was going on then, what makes you think he'll know what's going on next year?

Okay, prove it.

Right.

Let me know when the Barr DOJ investigations start filing warrants for arrest of Obama personnel. Don't hold your breath.

Let me know when the Barr DOJ investigations start filing warrants for arrest of Obama personnel. Don't hold your breath.

One has already been indicted, plead guilty and is awaiting sentence.

More to come.

One has already been indicted, plead guilty and is awaiting sentence.

More to come.

Lies.

What "OBAMA personnel" was indicted and plead guilty?

Kevin Clinesmith

A low-level FBI lawyer position is not in any presidential administration.

You lie so blatantly and so badly. :lol:

Wanna try again?

A low-level FBI lawyer position is not in any presidential administration.

You lie so blatantly and so badly. :lol:

Wanna try again?

1. He was not a "low-level FBI lawyer". He was responsible for ensuring that the FISA application was supported by the Woods file.

2. He was also under orders from his superior to ensure that Page was not involved with the CIA.

As I said...more to come.

source

We cant bother to read beyond the headlines and liberal media interpretation. We might just get to actual facts and learn whats really going on. Look, a russian!

READ: DNI John Ratcliffe's letter to Congress on election security briefings - CNNPolitics

"In the last
few months alone, the IC, in conjunction with other parts of the executive branch, have provided
Congress with more than a dozen briefings, many open to all members of Congress or their
staffs. The IC has also provided numerous finished intelligence products spanning a wide range
of threats, classification levels, and congressional audiences. While many of these engagements
and products have been successful and productive, others have been less so.
In order to ensure clarity and consistency across the Office of the Director of National
Intelligence's (ODNI's) engagements with Congress on elections, the ODNI will primarily meet
its obligation to keep Congress fully and currently informed leading into the Presidential election
through written finished intelligence products.
I believe this approach helps ensure, to the maximum extent possible, that the
information ODNI provides the Congress in support of your oversight responsibilities on
elections security, foreign malign influence, and election interference is not misunderstood nor
politicized. It will also better protect our sources and methods and most sensitive intelligence
from additional unauthorized disclosures or misuse."

1. He was not a "low-level FBI lawyer". He was responsible for ensuring that the FISA application was supported by the Woods file.

2. He was also under orders from his superior to ensure that Page was not involved with the CIA.

As I said...more to come.

As much bull**** as your posts is, even if you weren't as wrong as you are about this low level FBI lawyer, you still fail badly at making him in any way "Obama personnel".

We cant bother to read beyond the headlines and liberal media interpretation. We might just get to actual facts and learn whats really going on. Look, a russian!

READ: DNI John Ratcliffe's letter to Congress on election security briefings - CNNPolitics

"In the last
few months alone, the IC, in conjunction with other parts of the executive branch, have provided
Congress with more than a dozen briefings, many open to all members of Congress or their
staffs. The IC has also provided numerous finished intelligence products spanning a wide range
of threats, classification levels, and congressional audiences. While many of these engagements
and products have been successful and productive, others have been less so.
In order to ensure clarity and consistency across the Office of the Director of National
Intelligence's (ODNI's) engagements with Congress on elections, the ODNI will primarily meet
its obligation to keep Congress fully and currently informed leading into the Presidential election
through written finished intelligence products.
I believe this approach helps ensure, to the maximum extent possible, that the
information ODNI provides the Congress in support of your oversight responsibilities on
elections security, foreign malign influence, and election interference is not misunderstood nor
politicized. It will also better protect our sources and methods and most sensitive intelligence
from additional unauthorized disclosures or misuse."

If the intelligence were presented in person, where the congresspeople could ask questions and get clarification, then the info might be politicized and misunderstood.

Really?

Back
Top Bottom