• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DNI no longer to brief Congress in person on Foreign Election Interference

jnug

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The DNI will now only supply Congress with written material, allowing the Trump Administration to control the Narrative and continue to LIE THROUGH THEIR TEETH.

The DNI will now only supply Congress with written material, allowing the Trump Administration to control the Narrative and continue to LIE THROUGH THEIR TEETH.

While you should be allowed to lie through your teeth all you like. Is that it?

Are you saying the OP is a lie?

I have no link to go on and the alleged use of such information is what the OP wants to paint it as.

So I'm merely asking the Op if they feel that the GOP should not be allowed to do it. Then why are they so happy to do so themselves.

Why does Congress need it in person?

While you should be allowed to lie through your teeth all you like. Is that it?

The tragic thing is, Oborosen genuinely thought this was a clever *gotcha*.

Because you can't ask questions to a document.

When William Casey and Admiral Inman used to testify before Congress as Director and Deputy Director of the CIA, they could always tell when they were getting the truth because Inman had a nervous tell of pulling up his socks whenever his boss told an out-and-out lie... I suspect that had a lot to do with why he wasn't in the job that long.

You can't tell squat from what anything or anyone says... it's what they don't say that matters. People don't say a lot more in response to questioning.

Team Trump: the only team whose assholes have teeth.

Because the gang of 8 congressional leaders and/or the Committees that are briefed that are briefed can ask questions of the DNI for clarification. If in writing the get what they get.

What is your point....that there is some LEGITIMATE reason for Trump to want to change this long accepted procedure? Well based on Trump's COVID mess, his Post Office mess, his Ukraine mess, his DHS mess, even his using a sharpie on a NOAA whether radio map plus this....I would say his track record says otherwise.

Congress does not need its Constitutional Authority in a Fascist Dictatorship.

Oh? The Constitution says that the DNI must give a report in person? I didn't know that.

Hey...can you quote the part of the Constitution that says that for me?

Because you can't ask questions to a document.

When William Casey and Admiral Inman used to testify before Congress as Director and Deputy Director of the CIA, they could always tell when they were getting the truth because Inman had a nervous tell of pulling up his socks whenever his boss told an out-and-out lie... I suspect that had a lot to do with why he wasn't in the job that long.

You can't tell squat from what anything or anyone says... it's what they don't say that matters. People don't say a lot more in response to questioning.

Ya beat me to it. Did not copy your post. Must have been keying while you posted.

Oh? The Constitution says that the DNI must give a report in person? I didn't know that.

Hey...can you quote the part of the Constitution that says that for me?

Done by agreement between the Executive Branch and the Congress, not that something like an AGREEMENT means anything to Fat Donald.

Why can't Congress send the DNI a letter with their questions?

That does not work either. Nice try. Too easy to lie and get away with it. See DonDon claiming a Sgt Shutz with regard to Stone and Wikileaks in his written responses to Mueller.

Because the gang of 8 congressional leaders and/or the Committees that are briefed that are briefed can ask questions of the DNI for clarification. If in writing the get what they get.

As I already said, they can write a letter and ask their questions.

What is your point....that there is some LEGITIMATE reason for Trump to want to change this long accepted procedure? Well based on Trump's COVID mess, his Post Office mess, his Ukraine mess, his DHS mess, even his using a sharpie on a NOAA whether radio map plus this....I would say his track record says otherwise.

I think I expressed my point in my first response to your OP.

I have no idea what the reason for this decision is, since you didn't provide anything but your statement about the decision. Where did YOU hear it from? Did they report on the DNI's reason? And if they did, why haven't you told us?

Please furnish us with a link.

Why can't Congress send the DNI a letter with their questions?
You're just being obtuse now. Answer me this, do you honestly believe the matters they cover in these briefings are better suited to letters, or in person meetings?

That does not work either. Nice try. Too easy to lie and get away with it. See DonDon claiming a Sgt Shutz with regard to Stone and Wikileaks in his written responses to Mueller.

A lie in a letter...a lie in person...one is as easy as the other.

Sorry...your objection falls flat.

The tragic thing is, Oborosen genuinely thought this was a clever *gotcha*.

While the tragic thing here is, that you thought you were going to have a point.

It's good to see that you couldn't address the premise, but then again. This is you I'm talking to Person. I haven't expected you that possess that spark of integrity, for a very long time now.

I'm going back to the adults table now.

You're just being obtuse now. Answer me this, do you honestly believe the matters they cover in these briefings are better suited to letters, or in person meetings?

Doesn't matter what I believe. It wasn't my decision.

I just asked why it has to be in person. So far, one reasoning presented is about one way making it easier to lie. I reject that. It's just as easy to lie in person as it is to lie in a letter. Another reasoning has to do with questions. It's easy to ask questions by letter in return. I reject that one, too.

As I already said, they can write a letter and ask their questions.

I think I expressed my point in my first response to your OP.

I have no idea what the reason for this decision is, since you didn't provide anything but your statement about the decision. Where did YOU hear it from? Did they report on the DNI's reason? And if they did, why haven't you told us?

They just did...according to Defense Intelligence because they are concerned about leaks of classified information.

So they are saying that after 3.75 years of these briefings during the Trump Administration suddenly 60 odd days before an election NOW they are worried enough not to want to provide In person briefings. If that rings true to anybody, give me some of what you are smoking.

Also that sounds an awful lot like DonDon suddenly discovering 80 days before an election that the Post Office runs in the red and only he and his cronies can fix it.

Done by agreement between the Executive Branch and the Congress, not that something like an AGREEMENT means anything to Fat Donald.

Is that a quote? Got a link? What's the context? Was the DNI mentioned?

Seriously, jnug...you've been around here long enough to know how this forum works, right?

Back
Top Bottom