• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DNI no longer to brief Congress in person on Foreign Election Interference

Nope. He'll keep them "fully informed"...by letter.

I seriously doubt that is going to be good enough for Congress. Wouldn't be good enough for me if I was a Congressman. And it certainly wouldn't have been good enough for former Congressman Radcliffe.... at least if it were coming from the Obama Administration anyways.

I seriously doubt that is going to be good enough for Congress. Wouldn't be good enough for me if I was a Congressman. And it certainly wouldn't have been good enough for former Congressman Radcliffe.... at least if it were coming from the Obama Administration anyways.

shrug...

Too bad for Congress. They've been notified...apparently.

Let McConnell sit on it in 2016, when Ru$$ia was a clear and present danger. They still are. That’s what’s being sat on.

Russia wanted Hillary to win. They knew she was far easier to bribe.

I don't know why you need to yawn, having been asleep these last 4 years.

I'm not sleepy. I'm bored...with the notion that Congress matters.

Oh... trust me. You're about to find out exactly how much Congress matters. And so will former President Trump the moment he gets a Congressional subpoena.

shrug...

I'm willing to wait four more years.

I'm not sleepy. I'm bored...with the notion that Congress matters.

You’re correct. Congress does not matter in trump’s fascist regime. The treasonous Senate took care of that. 66 plus at least 78 more days of reich-wing Terrorism from the white nationalist house.

No, I think it's deeper than that. If Trump went out before the cameras tomorrow and declared himself "President for Life" and abolished Congress, do you seriously think Mycroft - or any of the other ones of the same ilk - would have a problem with that?
But that doesn't prove your point, or nullify mine. I'm positing they know it's wrong, lies, whatever. But they don't care (because it's to their advantage or desires). They would not accept it from Democrats/Liberals.

Then you'e 'bored' with the Constitution.

This current Congress doesn't care about the Constitution. (except how they can twist it to their advantage)

But that doesn't prove your point, or nullify mine. I'm positing they know it's wrong, lies, whatever. But they don't care (because it's to their advantage or desires). They would not accept it from Democrats/Liberals.

I don't disagree with you, Chomsky... but I think you're underestimating the problem here. The plain and simple fact of the matter is that they don't care about what your opinions are or what my opinions are. We live in a world where the Republican Presidential nominee has lost the popular vote in 6 out of the last 7 elections. It's about to be 7 out of 8. A normal, healthy, and functioning political party would wake up to that fact and adapt their message to attract more voters. This political party - I'm not going to call them "Republicans" anymore, because they aren't - the Trump Party - utterly rejects that notion. And that's why he is so popular with them. Instead of changing to adapt to democratic reality - in short, becoming more welcoming to minorities and youth voters - they've embarked on a course of changing the nature of our democracy itself.

You don't need to look any farther than this discussion with Mycroft to see this blatant contempt for our Constitution on full display. There's nothing - literally nothing - that Trump could do that Mycroft won't make excuses for. Permanently suspend the Congress and declare himself President for Life? He'd be all over that. Have "citizen militias" round up and execute peaceful demonstrators on sight? He'll tell you it was about time something like that happened. Have you and your family interned for daring to disagree with the Great Leader? He'll tell you it is in your best interests to be brought around to "correct thinking".

Whatever it takes to keep the party of White privilege in control, he'll be in favor of. In point of fact, I think if Mycroft has one frustration with President Trump, it is that he hasn't done these things already.

So Trump while touring hurricane damaged areas says that "Dir Ratcliffe had a briefing with the House Intel Committee and the information was leaked. Worse, wrong information was leaked Ratcliffe got tired of it".

Now think about the utter stupidity and unscrupulousness of that statement. "The wrong information was leaked". Well then NO INFORMATION WAS LEAKED. This is yet another Donald fabrication designed to rationalize yet another atrocity of bad governance in favor od propaganda. Donald must think we are all as ignorant as he is. But as I have said many times, Donald's most effective weapon is his shamelessness. He can sit there with a straight face and lie through his teeth while not even making a hill of beans of sense.

The DNI will now only supply Congress with written material, allowing the Trump Administration to control the Narrative and continue to LIE THROUGH THEIR TEETH.

And to hopefully stop the leaks by the dems of classified material who according to the WH, can't even get that right either.

What is the difference between someone in-person reading the dems a report or them reading it themselves?

Can't the dems read?

Pelosi and Schiff can find more things to nitpick on than anyone else in Congress that I've ever seen.

Furthermore, the dems did not even give Trump reports on alleged election fraud, let alone tell him in person. The dems just went out and obtained FISA warrants on Trump campain people and spied on them.

And to hopefully stop the leaks by the dems of classified material who according to the WH, can't even get that right either.

What is the difference between someone in-person reading the dems a report or them reading it themselves?

Can't the dems read?

Pelosi and Schiff can find more things to nitpick on than anyone else in Congress that I've ever seen.

Furthermore, the dems did not even give Trump reports on alleged election fraud, let alone tell him in person. The dems just went out and obtained FISA warrants on Trump campain people and spied on them.

Asked and answered many times in this thread.

I don't disagree with you, Chomsky... but I think you're underestimating the problem here. The plain and simple fact of the matter is that they don't care about what your opinions are or what my opinions are. We live in a world where the Republican Presidential nominee has lost the popular vote in 6 out of the last 7 elections. It's about to be 7 out of 8. A normal, healthy, and functioning political party would wake up to that fact and adapt their message to attract more voters. This political party - I'm not going to call them "Republicans" anymore, because they aren't - the Trump Party - utterly rejects that notion. And that's why he is so popular with them. Instead of changing to adapt to democratic reality - in short, becoming more welcoming to minorities and youth voters - they've embarked on a course of changing the nature of our democracy itself.

You don't need to look any farther than this discussion with Mycroft to see this blatant contempt for our Constitution on full display. There's nothing - literally nothing - that Trump could do that Mycroft won't make excuses for. Permanently suspend the Congress and declare himself President for Life? He'd be all over that. Have "citizen militias" round up and execute peaceful demonstrators on sight? He'll tell you it was about time something like that happened. Have you and your family interned for daring to disagree with the Great Leader? He'll tell you it is in your best interests to be brought around to "correct thinking".

Whatever it takes to keep the party of White privilege in control, he'll be in favor of. In point of fact, I think if Mycroft has one frustration with President Trump, it is that he hasn't done these things already.
Thanks for verbalizing this well, but yes I'm fully cognizant of the situation. My statements were more terse & general, but I'm fully in agreement with you. A Trump re-election, especially considering the Senate wil remain Trump in that instance, will radically change the face of democracy - above that already done.

BTW, that political rally/convention by the government at the White House displays we now have Party - not democratic - government. It's a really bad scene. Democracy is a fragile thing.

Thanks for verbalizing this well, but yes I'm fully cognizant of the situation. My statements were more terse & general, but I'm fully in agreement with you. A Trump re-election, especially considering the Senate wil remain Trump in that instance, will radically change the face of democracy - above that already done.

BTW, that political rally/convention by the government at the White House displays we now have Party - not democratic - government. It's a really bad scene. Democracy is a fragile thing.

Yes, democracy is a fragile thing... and I think from time to time it must bend if it is not to break. I think the "Republican" Party is done for.... the brand is too tarnished for it to ever be trusted again. Not after Nixon and now Trump. It needs to be beaten severely and broken into pieces. We need to bring back some old-fashioned Whig sensibility to the politics of this country. Economically, the Whigs were pretty conservative... socially, they were more moderate. They had a Libertarian bend, and I think that'd be the perfect way to take the country forward in the next generation or so. It'd definitely be an antidote to the toxicity of our politics today. Because if the Whigs stood for anything, it was against an overly-powerful Imperial Presidency. They were founded to oppose Jackson, and they opposed Polk with just as much vigor.

We need new Henry Clays and new Daniel Websters.

Yes, democracy is a fragile thing... and I think from time to time it must bend if it is not to break. I think the "Republican" Party is done for.... the brand is too tarnished for it to ever be trusted again. Not after Nixon and now Trump. It needs to be beaten severely and broken into pieces. We need to bring back some old-fashioned Whig sensibility to the politics of this country. Economically, the Whigs were pretty conservative... socially, they were more moderate. They had a Libertarian bend, and I think that'd be the perfect way to take the country forward in the next generation or so. It'd definitely be an antidote to the toxicity of our politics today. Because if the Whigs stood for anything, it was against an overly-powerful Imperial Presidency. They were founded to oppose Jackson, and they opposed Polk with just as much vigor.

We need new Henry Clays and new Daniel Websters.
Done for? How? You're predicating this upon a Trump election loss, I expect? However, Trump has a very realistic chance of prevailing in the electoral college. And then he will rule by fiat, as much as he can get away with. And without a Senate to stop him, he will get away with it. Courts, including SCOTUS, have zero enforcement powers.

He & his party will do whatever needs to be done to have the party remain in power, whether it be legal, constitutional, extra-legal, constitutional, extra-legal, or unconstitutional. There's plenty of party-rule autocracies around the world that keep & maintain consolidated power, while expressing a veneer of democracy.

Done for? How? You're predicating this upon a Trump election loss, I expect? However, Trump has a very realistic chance of prevailing in the electoral college. And then he will rule by fiat, as much as he can get away with. And without a Senate to stop him, he will get away with it. Courts, including SCOTUS, have zero enforcement powers.

He & his party will do whatever needs to be done to have the party remain in power, whether it be legal, constitutional, extra-legal, constitutional, extra-legal, or unconstitutional. There's plenty of party-rule autocracies around the world that keep & maintain consolidated power, while expressing a veneer of democracy.

I'm not trying to minimize the problem, Chomsky... but I'm pretty confident he's going to be expunged from the Oval Office in one form or another. The system can only stand so much strain before it corrects itself. But it does correct itself.

I'm not trying to minimize the problem, Chomsky... but I'm pretty confident he's going to be expunged from the Oval Office in one form or another. The system can only stand so much strain before it corrects itself. But it does correct itself.
Of course not! I realize and respect that.

Yes, the system does always right itself - if - the integrity of the system remains intact. But when the governing party nibbles away at the edges of the system, given that elections are won by small percentages, that corrupting of the system can have electoral impact. Whether it's Trump & his postmaster suppressing/delaying the mail-in vote, or Southern state legislatures gerrymandering and closing opponent party polling places & limiting voting hours, these things do influence election in our winner-take-all electoral college system.

I have a prediction. I believe it is likely the election will be un-callable on Tuesday night. Due to Dems expected to be voting by mail 2.5X the rate of Republicans, and Dem votes always being the late-counted due to Dems tendig to congregate in highly populated dense urban areas, it is to Trump's advantage to end the counting quickly. If this scenario occurs, Trump will call on the governors to end the counting, and prevent the 'fraud'. This will give Republican governors, many in battle-ground states, a permission-slip to do just that. And I believe they may. It's just what they do.

This is exactly how DeSantis got into office in 2018. The morning after election-night found him up by an extremely scant number, with his lead decreasing by the hour as the Miami mail-in & late ballots continued to tabulate. Rick Scott & the Republican legislature stepped in and stopped the counting, leaving bags of Dem votes on the floor, saving the win for DeSantis.

Of course not! I realize and respect that.

Yes, the system does always right itself - if - the integrity of the system remains intact. But when the governing party nibbles away at the edges of the system, given that elections are won by small percentages, that corrupting of the system can have electoral impact. Whether it's Trump & his postmaster suppressing/delaying the mail-in vote, or Southern state legislatures gerrymandering and closing opponent party polling places & limiting voting hours, these things do influence election in our winner-take-all electoral college system.

I have a prediction. I believe it is likely the election will be un-callable on Tuesday night. Due to Dems expected to be voting by mail 2.5X the rate of Republicans, and Dem votes always being the late-counted due to Dems tendig to congregate in highly populated dense urban areas, it is to Trump's advantage to end the counting quickly. If this scenario occurs, Trump will call on the governors to end the counting, and prevent the 'fraud'. This will give Republican governors, many in battle-ground states, a permission-slip to do just that. And I believe they may. It's just what they do.

This is exactly how DeSantis got into office in 2018. The morning after election-night found him up by an extremely scant number, with his lead decreasing by the hour as the Miami mail-in & late ballots continued to tabulate. Rick Scott & the Republican legislature stepped in and stopped the counting, leaving bags of Dem votes on the floor, saving the win for DeSantis.

That's a realistic scenario, Chomsky... but I've got to figure that if it comes to pass, then Biden will have failed to make his case anyway. If Republicans actually show up to vote and Democrats just "mail it in", then the plain and simple fact of the matter is that they'll deserve to win just for the plain and simple fact that they wanted it more.

I'll tell you straight - Covid or no - I'm not all that much in favor of mail-in voting myself. I understand it's the only option for some people - especially ones with health issues. But in most cases, it's just laziness. If you can't be bothered to get up, put on a mask, and go out and vote... well, odds are pretty good you're not really part of any solution anyway. Showing up is half the battle.

That's a realistic scenario, Chomsky... but I've got to figure that if it comes to pass, then Biden will have failed to make his case anyway. If Republicans actually show up to vote and Democrats just "mail it in", then the plain and simple fact of the matter is that they'll deserve to win just for the plain and simple fact that they wanted it more.

I'll tell you straight - Covid or no - I'm not all that much in favor of mail-in voting myself. I understand it's the only option for some people - especially ones with health issues. But in most cases, it's just laziness. If you can't be bothered to get up, put on a mask, and go out and vote... well, odds are pretty good you're not really part of any solution anyway. Showing up is half the battle.
Interestingly, the media seems to now be picking-up on the scenario I posited. I'll send them the bill in the morning ...

Back
Top Bottom