• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DNC strips Wasserman Schultz of convention speaking slot

NonoBadDog

Hates Kittens
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
DNC strips Wasserman Schultz of convention speaking slot

DNC strips Wasserman Schultz of convention speaking slot | Washington Examiner

Democratic National Convention officials have stripped party chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz of a speaking slot at the event next week, according to CNN.

The move is in response to emails leaked late last week by WikiLeaks.
Approximately 20,000 DNC emails were shared with the public. A number of them paint staffers, including Wasserman Schultz, in a negative light by suggesting they were biased against Sen. Bernie Sanders.

LOL, starting this convention out with a bang. Let the circus begin.

Schultz probably got paid handsomely by the Clintons for her role in this sham.

Wonder what happens to her career now?

Hey there, Nono!

Now if only they'd strip HRC of the nomination & give it to Sanders, I'd be a lot happier!

Hey there, Nono!

Now if only they'd strip HRC of the nomination & give it to Sanders, I'd be a lot happier!

If they're smart they would do that or come up with a compromise candidate.
Else people are going to revolt and go third party and Trump.

They'll also have to fire some internal high level folks as well.
Whether or not it's warranted, the perception has already taken over and the DNC doesn't have control of the message anymore.

If they're smart they would do that or come up with a compromise candidate.
Else people are going to revolt and go third party and Trump.

They'll also have to fire some internal high level folks as well.
Whether or not it's warranted, the perception has already taken over and the DNC doesn't have control of the message anymore.
I just don't see them switching boats midstream - not at all.

Just my opinion, the election is over.
Hillary can't win now.

But for them to save face, gain some credibility, they should dump her and the DNC admins immediately.
See, I don't necessarily agree with this either.

I'm not sure that besides the heavily involved or political junkies like us, it matters highly to the majority of voters. or will even be accepted as fact.

But then again, Bernie voters often are pretty involved so yeah - I can see this alienating many of them. Whether their hatred of Hillary trumps (no pun intended) their dislike or fear of The Donald, remains to be seen. Could be.

Just my opinion, the election is over.
Hillary can't win now.

But for them to save face, gain some credibility, they should dump her and the DNC admins immediately.

Lets not forget the power of the part of her campaign apparatus that will be deployed to save their candidate.

Last week, Clinton media team consisting of the bulk of the MSM spent 48hrs on the issue of some sentences apparently lifted from Mrs. Obama. They counted on that focus to reach people who at best would have passing knowledge Melania even gave a speech.

In this case, Hillary's same media arm will likely try to ignore the revelations, and throw a blanket on any effort by Sanders, or others to bring the DNC's activities to light. With no coverage, the issue goes away.

I have no doubt plans are underway to do just that. The collusion of Hillary and the 4th estate is well known. "State" run media has never been associated with positive government structures.

See, I don't necessarily agree with this either.

I'm not sure that besides the heavily involved or political junkies like us, it matters highly to the majority of voters. or will even be accepted as fact.

But then again, Bernie voters often are pretty involved so yeah - I can see this alienating many of them. Whether their hatred of Hillary trumps (no pun intended) their dislike or fear of The Donald, remains to be seen. Could be.

That's a fair assessment.
What I've seen thus far is,
1. this trending much higher on social media than in regular press.
2. people are latching on to the lack of neutrality more than anything else released.
3. They're blaming Hillary, more than DWS and see DWS as a scapegoat.
4. Bernie's supporters are young people who consume more social media, than network news.

I think it's going to blow up in their face.
Wikileaks hinted at releasing more a few hours ago to boot.

Lets not forget the power of the part of her campaign apparatus that will be deployed to save their candidate.

Last week, Clinton media team consisting of the bulk of the MSM spent 48hrs on the issue of some sentences apparently lifted from Mrs. Obama. They counted on that focus to reach people who at best would have passing knowledge Melania even gave a speech.

In this case, Hillary's same media arm will likely try to ignore the revelations, and throw a blanket on any effort by Sanders, or others to bring the DNC's activities to light. With no coverage, the issue goes away.

I have no doubt plans are underway to do just that. The collusion of Hillary and the 4th estate is well known. "State" run media has never been associated with positive government structures.

I've seen Hillary supporters already pushing the "it was Russia" angle, which isn't gaining traction with anyone else.
They already acknowledged the emails were real, via apologizing and nixing DWS from the convention.

If the other materials gain more traction, it's "doomsday" for this election season.
The only thing kinda saving them at the moment is the MSM focus on the unfairness and that there's so much bad stuff in the emails.

That's a fair assessment.
What I've seen thus far is,
1. this trending much higher on social media than in regular press.
2. people are latching on to the lack of neutrality more than anything else released.
3. They're blaming Hillary, more than DWS and see DWS as a scapegoat.
4. Bernie's supporters are young people who consume more social media, than network news.

I think it's going to blow up in their face.
Wikileaks hinted at releasing more a few hours ago to boot.
Well, I can't argue with your logic there.

Well, I can't argue with your logic there.

I could be wrong, really.
We all have internal biases that taint our analysis of situations.

Reddit /pol, /trump, /bernie, etc, have exploded with this stuff.
Never seen that many comments in a single thread, on a single topic.

Anti emailers, if you can call them that, are being tossed aside as paid shills.

I've seen Hillary supporters already pushing the "it was Russia" angle, which isn't gaining traction with anyone else.
They already acknowledged the emails were real, via apologizing and nixing DWS from the convention.

If the other materials gain more traction, it's "doomsday" for this election season.
The only thing kinda saving them at the moment is the MSM focus on the unfairness and that there's so much bad stuff in the emails.

The "silly season" has taken on a new dimension this election cycle. I can't recall a time with so many in the media have become completely unhinged at what must be the revelation their power to control has been lost.

From this "Russia" trial balloon, to the obnoxious tone of the WaPo editorial board, it's as if they have lost their collective minds.

I wonder if there is some sane person in the "corner of the room" waving their hand and saying "excuse me, why do we think voters will buy this?"

The "silly season" has taken on a new dimension this election cycle. I can't recall a time with so many in the media have become completely unhinged at what must be the revelation their power to control has been lost.

From this "Russia" trial balloon, to the obnoxious tone of the WaPo editorial board, it's as if they have lost their collective minds.

I wonder if there is some sane person in the "corner of the room" waving their hand and saying "excuse me, why do we think voters will buy this?"

A lot of folks had their naive bubble popped.
That ire and hate, in my opinion, will forever taint Hillary.

This is one for the history books folks.

I can't help but wonder one thing though:

"With all the email trouble plaguing their candidate, shouldn't it be obvious you never put anything in writing that you wouldn't want the entire world to see"?

My uncle was in politics (back in the day before the internet), and he always insisted on discussing business one-on-one verbally & personally, and cautioned me to *never* write anything on paper that I wasn't ready to share with the public world.

I suppose maybe today it's too inconvenient or impractical? Must be.

But my uncle's words to me as a young kid seem to ring true even moreso today!

I can't help but wonder one thing though:

"With all the email trouble plaguing their candidate, shouldn't it be obvious you never put anything in writing that you wouldn't want the entire world to see"?

My uncle was in politics (back in the day before the internet), and he always insisted on discussing business one-on-one verbally & personally, and cautioned me to *never* write anything on paper that I wasn't ready to share with the public world.

I suppose maybe today it's too inconvenient or impractical? Must be.

But my uncle's words to me as a young kid seem to ring true even moreso today!

Complacency.
They got comfortable.

Honestly, my works email system is much more professional than theirs.
Can't believe some of the things they write, I'd get fired for it.

Not much to see here - this is just all part of the Bernie Sanders endorsement package, as I said last week. DWS is gone, gone, gone - and that's too bad - she was a gift to conservatives and Republicans.

This means practically nothing and Clinton will still win by at least five points or more in November. Its a good move and sends a signal to Sanders and his supporters that she - Schultz - screwed up.

A lot of folks had their naive bubble popped.
That ire and hate, in my opinion, will forever taint Hillary.

This is one for the history books folks.

It certainly exposes the nexus of the "hate" meme that was first exposed with the JournoList scandal back in '07 or so.

Lacking message and intellect to form intelligent arguments to overcome an opponent, they fire the "hate/racist" cannon, hoping voters are too distracted, or too stupid, to notice they did.

The response and total misrepresentation of Trumps comments is pure evidence of this strategy.

Back
Top Bottom