• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DNC Secretary Condones Rioting, Will She Encourage Riots at DNC Convention?

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, who is both the current Mayor of Baltimore and Secretary of the DNC, famously condoned the Freddie Gray riots in 2015.

Mizz Mayor, speaking to reporters in 2015, said,
"I've made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech. It's a very delicate balancing act because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well, and we work very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate."

Given the fact that the Secretary of the DNC believes that rioters should have a nice comfy space to destroy things, do you think riots will be condoned at the DNC Convention in Philadelphia like they were last year in Baltimore?

Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, who is both the current Mayor of Baltimore and Secretary of the DNC, famously condoned the Freddie Gray riots in 2015.

"I've made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech. It's a very delicate balancing act because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well, and we work very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate."

Given the fact that the Secretary of the DNC believes that rioters should have a nice comfy space to destroy things, do you think riots will be condoned at the DNC Convention in Philadelphia like they were last year in Baltimore?

Wow...you don't often see a misreading of this proportion.

My congratulations.

Hope ya feel better having done it.

Ah. So when a politician supports the right of protest, to you, that's equal to supporting rioting.

Did it occur to you that maybe, just maybe we should and must support the right to protest, as long as the protest is done in a lawful manner...that to try to shut down the riots without at the same time acknowledging that yes, they do have a right to protest (again, in a lawful manner) would likely have done nothing except for inciting more rioting?

Ah. So when a politician supports the right of protest, to you, that's equal to supporting rioting.

Did it occur to you that maybe, just maybe we should and must support the right to protest, as long as the protest is done in a lawful manner...that to try to shut down the riots without at the same time acknowledging that yes, they do have a right to protest (again, in a lawful manner) would likely have done nothing except for inciting more rioting?

She admitted to supporting illegal protesting. That's the point of the thread.

She admitted to supporting illegal protesting. That's the point of the thread.

No she didn't. She was saying that in the effort to provide protesters with the freedom to exercise their first amendment rights, lawbreaking protesters ended up having the opportunity to cause destruction as well. When the context is understood it's easy to see what she was saying. She specifically condemned the rioting.

Last edited:
This thread and the original post are just chock full of fail. Is there something in the water today?

Regardless of how you read the quote from the Mayor above, it's pretty clear that the Democratically controlled city government pretty much screwed the pooch, visa vie the Freddy Grey riots.

It should have been made pretty clear before they even started that no violence or destruction of property would be tolerated, while protests and peaceful assembly would be protected, and in that, the city managers and leaders failed.

You are making a mockery of the truth.

No she didn't. She was saying that in the effort to provide protesters with the freedom to exercise their first amendment rights, lawbreaking protesters ended up having the opportunity to cause destruction as well. When the context is understood it's easy to see what she was saying. She specifically condemned the rioting.

Jill Carter, delegate in Maryland's House of Delegates,
" "Too much destruction was apparently allowed to happen. I mean, if they knew in advance that this was going to happen when school let out, then I'm not sure why there wasn't some effort to go into the schools, to maybe do something to hold students longer, to do something to prevent it rather than let it happen."

The mayor said it was allowed to happen, Jill Carter says it was allowed to happen, Cardinal says it wasn't allowed to happen.
Who should I believe?------

You're right, she did condemn the riots, a day after she said rioters were given space to destroy things and the media published it.

Jill Carter, delegate in Maryland's House of Delegates,
" "Too much destruction was apparently allowed to happen. I mean, if they knew in advance that this was going to happen when school let out, then I'm not sure why there wasn't some effort to go into the schools, to maybe do something to hold students longer, to do something to prevent it rather than let it happen."

The mayor said it was allowed to happen, Jill Carter says it was allowed to happen, Cardinal says it wasn't allowed to happen.
Who should I believe?------

You're right, she did condemn the riots, a day after she said rioters were given space to destroy things and the media published it.

Yes, that's right. She not only knowingly created a situation whereby rioters would destroy things, but she planned it and then bragged about it to the media.

You are a genius.

Yes, that's right. She not only knowingly created a situation whereby rioters would destroy things, but she planned it and then bragged about it to the media.

You are a genius.

You're exaggerating what I'm saying to try to make you look right.

Rawlings-Blake's predecessor took a plea deal and agreed to resign in order to avoid prison.

Baltimore is one of those circus cities that is inept from top to bottom.

It doesn't matter if riots are condoned or not. It's what the left does. Create havoc, destruction, injury, division, hate and discontent. They have a rich history in such things and nothing seems to suggest this leftist convention will be any different.

I'll be warming up the BBQ and icing down the beer. :)

Wow...you don't often see a misreading of this proportion.

My congratulations.

Hope ya feel better having done it.

Yeah, that was a pretty big reach. However, if there are anti-Trump/Rep. riots at the Rep. convention, I doubt that we'll hear so much as a peep from Rawlings-Blake denouncing them.

it wasn't the protest part that's the issue with her, it's this line from her speech:
we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well
That is not only condoning rioting, but enabling it.

You struck a nerve with the left. They hate that.

Baltimore turned out just fine...... you can trust me on this.

I don't doubt it, but how much property destruction was committed during the riots? I thought it was quite significant.

Wow. lamest bait thread I have EVER seen.

What happened in Baltimore was not protesting.

Actually, most of it was. Unfortunately, quite a few of the people got out of hand...but if you'd actually check, the overwhelming majority of the people involved were protesting, and were NOT doing damaging and looting businesses. Next time, try to be more careful to not accuse the many with the crimes of the few.

Back
Top Bottom