• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DNC Day 3

Bloomberg pulling in the Independents.

lol...there's a Republican who just said "No" to Trump. He'll not be alone.

I think liberals need to remember that Bloomberg is known for sheer nanny-statism mixed with pro- capitalist views. If Democrats want to swing with Republicans, you need a Jim Webb up there.

Bloomberg pulling in the Independents.

lol...there's a Republican who just said "No" to Trump. He'll not be alone.

Bloomberg is just as much of a RINO as Trump is.

Tim Kaine doesn't seem very interesting to listen to.

I think liberals need to remember that Bloomberg is known for sheer nanny-statism mixed with pro- capitalist views. If Democrats want to swing with Republicans, you need a Jim Webb up there.

i'd still maintain that Webb should have been the Dems nominee.

I believe he would have wiped the floor with Trump. What's sad is i believe he's thinking of supporting Trump now.

i'd still maintain that Webb should have been the Dems nominee.

I believe he would have wiped the floor with Trump. What's sad is i believe he's thinking of supporting Trump now.

It's absolutely sad, but my Democratic Party doesn't really exist at the national level anymore. We're a dying breed.

It's absolutely sad, but my Democratic Party doesn't really exist at the national level anymore. We're a dying breed.

Yeah, both parties have been hi-jacked by the far left/far right. Although the far left can be bad, the far right is even worse, and is currently responsible for an orange moron with zero political experience possibly becoming the president of the United States. The interesting thing is had the nominee been someone better/more likable than Clinton, this could have been the biggest landslide in history.

Yeah, both parties have been hi-jacked by the far left/far right. Although the far left can be bad, the far right is even worse, and is currently responsible for an orange moron with zero political experience possibly becoming the president of the United States. The interesting thing is had the nominee been someone better/more likable than Clinton, this could have been the biggest landslide in history.
I really have a hard time with this "vote for Hillary or else...Donald" thing. I'm probably not going to vote at all as a result.

I really have a hard time with this "vote for Hillary or else...Donald" thing. I'm probably not going to vote at all as a result.

I understand where you are coming from. This is a really depressing election year, no doubt.

I understand where you are coming from. This is a really depressing election year, no doubt.

I missed Obama's speech because I went to bed early. I'll listen to it later. But, this sounds like a really good line.

11:29 p.m. America is not about “Yes, he will” but “Yes, we can.” Democracy over tyranny.
Andrew Sullivan Liveblogs the DNC, Night 3

That said, I still lean toward letting the rest of the country pick the leader this year. I'm not really feeling the love. I guess, for me, it's a bit like cheering for Godzilla over Mothra. Sure, one seems to be more of a fan favorite, but in the end the only way we really win is if they both kill each other.

Perfect.

From teh same source cited above:
11:27 p.m. The arc of history is long:

Rich Lowry ✔ @RichLowry
American exceptionalism and greatness, shining city on hill, founding documents, etc--they're trying to take all our stuff
11:22 PM - 27 Jul 2016
545 545 Retweets 827 827 likes

Well, you gave it all away to a thug.

If the far right hijacked the Republican party, how come the party's nominee for President is a left of center Democrat masquerading as a Republican?

I missed Obama's speech because I went to bed early. I'll listen to it later. But, this sounds like a really good line.

That said, I still lean toward letting the rest of the country pick the leader this year. I'm not really feeling the love. I guess, for me, it's a bit like cheering for Godzilla over Mothra. Sure, one seems to be more of a fan favorite, but in the end the only way we really win is if they both kill each other.

Think about voting for Johnson.
If nothing else, it gets a potential 3rd choice, next time around.

Jim Webb is someone I would have readily gotten behind if the Republican nominee was still Donald Trump. I wouldn't support Webb versus a Kasich.

Is it my imagination or is the anti-war Left picking a fight with Panetta?

Not your imagination at all. They were chanting "No More War" and "Lies" quite loudly. Panetta seemed off his game as a result of it. Then the DNC cut the lights in their section, which really pissed them off.

Hearing that they used seat fillers last night.
Saw a craigslist post for it, for Philly seat fillers for $50 a night.

An alleged delegate that was at the convention, put on youtube that they were using seat fillers as well.

My take on Day 3.

The Bernie people are entertaining. They are disrupting this convention. Hey, Bernie ginned up the support and rallied the troops. Looks like they plan to carry out the Revolution in spite of the fact that their leader caved.

Biden was pretty good. I'd give him a B. I don't find him terribly inspirational as a speaker. I think he did a good job of driving home his personal stories of achievement. I'm sensing a theme in this election.;) A stark contrast to "America sucks! We need to make it great again! Be fearful!"

I thought Obama was outstanding. His content was good, but he actually struck me as likeable. He seemed very relaxed, and he didn't come across as his usual arrogant self. He did a good job of making people skeptical of Trump, but IMO didn't really do anything to make people feel confident in Hillary. I thought his praise of her sounded very scripted whereas other parts of his speech sounded like a man talking from his heart.

Tim Kaine just didn't deliver. He's obviously a very qualified man, and he's a far better person that Hillary is. But for someone who has been in the public eye for decades he struck me as being very uncomfortable being up there. I think he was very flat and very uninspiring. But he definitely delivers a quality of honesty that Hillary can't deliver to anyone but the most blindly left leaning partisan.

I actually felt bad for Panetta, and I'm not a Panetta fan. I think he was in a terrible spot last night and the protestors really made it awkward. His entire speech and message got lost.

What is often very noticeable in both these conventions is that listening to some of the speakers you hear one or two or are heads above the candidate. And you think why isn't that guy running?

Hearing that they used seat fillers last night.
Saw a craigslist post for it, for Philly seat fillers for $50 a night.

An alleged delegate that was at the convention, put on youtube that they were using seat fillers as well.

ROTFLMAO

Astro turf leftists.

Jim Webb is someone I would have readily gotten behind if the Republican nominee was still Donald Trump. I wouldn't support Webb versus a Kasich.

In that scenario, I would be more of a Kasich guy myself, given that I got less of a Southerner-confederate vibe from Kasich. Nevertheless, both would have been great candidates in a different era.

Back
Top Bottom