• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DNC Day 2

Trump said the elections were fixed. Now it is proven. I hope the Bernie crowd continues to disrupt the convention.

Today the mother of Michael Brown speaks. I'm going to guess she isn't going to talk about how her son shouldn't have stolen from the convenience store, assaulted the store worker, assaulted a police officer and tried to get his gun.

Today the mother of Michael Brown speaks. I'm going to guess she isn't going to talk about how her son shouldn't have stolen from the convenience store, assaulted the store worker, assaulted a police officer and tried to get his gun.

Or maybe she will. That would be news.

Don't forget. Tonight theme is "A lifetime of fighting for children and families". Yes, tonight is the night that Hillary trots out her props - all the mothers of blacks who died at the hands of white people, like Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown and Eric Garner. They will be joined by her husband (the first black President) and I'm sure we will be treated to their stories of woe, and everyone from Clinton herself to the former First Black President to the drooling audience will agree in unison about how mean white people are to blacks, and how Hillary will stop all of these injustices. I wonder if as a bonus Michael Brown's mother will bring her husband to regale us with his chants of "Burn this mother****er down".

Notably absent will be any white mothers to talk about their struggles to raise their children, put good food on the table, find sustainable and well paying work, and so on. Notably absent will be any mothers who immigrated to this country, worked their assess off to get ahead, managed to get their children to work so hard that they won scholarships to MIT and Cal Tech.

Michael Jordan put out a statement:

“As a proud American, a father who lost his own dad in a senseless act of violence, and a black man, I have been deeply troubled by the deaths of African-Americans at the hands of law enforcement and angered by the cowardly and hateful targeting and killing of police officers. I grieve with the families who have lost loved ones, as I know their pain all too well.

“I was raised by parents who taught me to love and respect people regardless of their race or background, so I am saddened and frustrated by the divisive rhetoric and racial tensions that seem to be getting worse as of late. I know this country is better than that, and I can no longer stay silent. We need to find solutions that ensure people of color receive fair and equal treatment AND that police officers – who put their lives on the line every day to protect us all – are respected and supported.

“Over the past three decades I have seen up close the dedication of the law enforcement officers who protect me and my family. I have the greatest respect for their sacrifice and service. I also recognize that for many people of color their experiences with law enforcement have been different than mine. I have decided to speak out in the hope that we can come together as Americans, and through peaceful dialogue and education, achieve constructive change.

“To support that effort, I am making contributions of $1 million each to two organizations, the International Association of Chiefs of Police’s newly established Institute for Community-Police Relations and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. The Institute for Community-Police Relations’ policy and oversight work is focused on building trust and promoting best practices in community policing. My donation to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, the nation’s oldest civil rights law organization, will support its ongoing work in support of reforms that will build trust and respect between communities and law enforcement. Although I know these contributions alone are not enough to solve the problem, I hope the resources will help both organizations make a positive difference.

The result, the BLM racists that Im sure Michelle will parade around today couldn't tweet fast and loud enough that Michael Jordan is an Uncle Tom.

Don't forget. Tonight theme is "A lifetime of fighting for children and families". Yes, tonight is the night that Hillary trots out her props - all the mothers of blacks who died at the hands of white people, like Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown and Eric Garner. They will be joined by her husband (the first black President) and I'm sure we will be treated to their stories of woe, and everyone from Clinton herself to the former First Black President to the drooling audience will agree in unison about how mean white people are to blacks, and how Hillary will stop all of these injustices. I wonder if as a bonus Michael Brown's mother will bring her husband to regale us with his chants of "Burn this mother****er down".

Notably absent will be any white mothers to talk about their struggles to raise their children, put good food on the table, find sustainable and well paying work, and so on. Notably absent will be any mothers who immigrated to this country, worked their assess off to get ahead, managed to get their children to work so hard that they won scholarships to MIT and Cal Tech.
I have several close friends who are uber-progressive, and are honestly good people with good intentions, who will lap that schiet right up. Ugh.

If you peel back the surface, and look at the inner-workings, both parties are more alike than they are different.

So much for transparency.

Do the Republocrats really want anyone to truly know how their decisions are being made?

There's no transparency in government or with the Republocrat party. People would be super pissed if they ever found out what they were all up to.

Do the Republocrats really want anyone to truly know how their decisions are being made?

There's no transparency in government or with the Republocrat party. People would be super pissed if they ever found out what they were all up to.

Just the glimpse we've gotten as to what was going on in the DNC during the primaries has a lot of people super pissed. Imagine what full disclosure would do?

Just the glimpse we've gotten as to what was going on in the DNC during the primaries has a lot of people super pissed. Imagine what full disclosure would do?

It would shake the very power structure the Republocrat party is teetering upon. They won't risk that.

Dynah Haubert, Jelani Freeman, Ryan Moore are on my list. I'll have to see if they are speaking today on the floor or if it is a side session. Harkin will speak on Thursday about the 26th anniversary of the ADA.

Anyway, over these days, the Democrats are highlighting her family-based fights, from foster care, to people with disabilities, and gun violence. It seems to be much more prevalent than in most conventions for either party. The attention is welcomed and in the aftermath of the RNC it is a great juxtaposition, but balance with other issues would be desired.

Last edited:
From the DNCs point of view, if they vote her in now, and **** hits the fan later they look worse than they would have had they voted at the normal time. And if it doesn't hit the fan later, they still look worse off for rushing the vote out of obvious fear of everything unraveling.

But from Shillary's point of view this is what is best for her. It will be easier for her to get the nomination now, behind closed doors, and defend it later if she ends up chin deep in her own ****. Where as if the **** comes before she is voted in, it becomes less and less likely she will be.

So whether its the DNC pushing this or Shillary herself, it almost certainly being done solely for the benefit of her majesty.

When a DNC chair announces she is stepping down in disgrace the weekend before the convention, why on earth would she be allowed to remain chair throughout the convention and step down afterwards? The bias didn't end when she was proven biased.
They should do a roll call vote just to show the Republicans how it is done

Yea, it's a load of bull****.

They just don't want more boo's.
you wait till they announce the results and Hillary wins buy a larger margin than what she should.

Now we will hear from the mothers who lost their children to street violence

Wonder where I recall hearing that street violence theme

They are, but from what I've heard it's going to be done in private and not on the floor.
I thought it was this morning, but I think it's tomorrow morning at the breakfast.

A recorded vote

Wonder why the Republicans did not think that

What does it matter what the Reps do?

The fact that they're changing the roll call to be behind closed doors is rather ****ed up.
DNC has been sleezy as ****.

Democrats have been sleezy my entire life. It's actually kind of funny though. From my experience their supporters are more times than not scumbags with serious control problems, while the party itself is a bunch of scumbags with control problems. Go figure the party would take up after their supporters.

Democrats have been sleezy my entire life. It's actually kind of funny though. From my experience their supporters are more times than not scumbags with serious control problems, while the party itself is a bunch of scumbags with control problems. Go figure the party would take up after their supporters.

No, I'm not going to trash innocent people who got duped.
It's likely that this has happened with R's as well.

Just not gonna do it.

I saw on the news this morning that they're building a new wall.... or reinforcing the wall ... or adding to the wall around the convention center.

...with machine gun towers

No, I'm not going to trash innocent people who got duped.
It's likely that this has happened with R's as well.

Just not gonna do it.

Ok, but nothing I really said is wrong. Democrat supporters are statists that want the government to have massive control over their life and the lives of fellow citizens. This requires necessarily that they hire people willing to control others to considerably large degrees, which will likely lead to people getting the job that are less than respectable people and have little concern for their supporters.

If you peel back the surface, and look at the inner-workings, both parties are more alike than they are different.

Not really. Today the D's are the big tent party. The R's are a monolithic, "You're either against abortion and taxes, for Jesus and guns, or you are a RINO" band of mostly white men.

Back
Top Bottom