• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DJT Suggested to Gen John Kelly That He Should Be Like a General Under Hitler.

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Is there any military veterans here who thinks that it's ok for a US president to want his Generals to be like those who served under Hitler?? Lets not even go that far with the question. Lets try this. How many military veterans in here feel that our Generals in our military should be loyal to any president on a personal level??

Trump complained to John Kelly, then his chief of staff and a retired Marine Corps general, “why can’t you be like the German generals?” according to “The Divider: Trump in the White House, 2017-2021” by journalists Peter Baker and Susan Glasser.

When Kelly asked which generals he meant, Trump replied: “The German generals in World War II.”

“You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?” Kelly said, according to the book.

DJT Suggested to Gen John Kelly That He Should Be Like a General Under Hitler.​

Who says?

Oh...wait...someone wrote a book. Yeah. We've seen that kind of thing before.

A nothingburger for the useful idiots.

Who says?

Ah yes, the usual hostility towards any... Who would speak against the glorious leader!

Praise be to him and his hunt for Obamas real birth certificate...

Hey what happened to those investigators he sent to Hawaii?

Who says?

John Kelly. The general your crush picked to be his Chief of Staff. Remember? Or did Trump's puppet masters pick him out?

Last edited:
Ah yes, the usual hostility towards any... Who would speak against the glorious leader!

Praise be to him and his hunt for Obamas real birth certificate...

Hey what happened to those investigators he sent to Hawaii?
You won't believe what they are finding!

Who says?

Shrug...I would argue that the useful idiots are the ones who support an insurrection based on a lie that even a moron would dismiss as a grift... not people who read books.

Is there any military veterans here who thinks that it's ok for a US president to want his Generals to be like those who served under Hitler?? Lets not even go that far with the question. Lets try this. How many military veterans in here feel that our Generals in our military should be loyal to any president on a personal level??

Trump complained to John Kelly, then his chief of staff and a retired Marine Corps general, “why can’t you be like the German generals?” according to “The Divider: Trump in the White House, 2017-2021” by journalists Peter Baker and Susan Glasser.

When Kelly asked which generals he meant, Trump replied: “The German generals in World War II.”

“You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?” Kelly said, according to the book.
Wouldn't you love to know what Presidents Kennedy and Johnson said to their staff. Johnson was a racist, Kennedy a womanizer who slept with interns. You think there would be some interesting comments. In fact there are and if you read the books on Kennedy or Johnson you see a lot of revelations that shine new light on those Presidents. I just wonder when the left gets uninterested in Trump?

Who says?

I know I keep asking you this but how in the hell are you post number two in so many threads?

Wouldn't you love to know what Presidents Kennedy and Johnson said to their staff. Johnson was a racist, Kennedy a womanizer who slept with interns. You think there would be some interesting comments. In fact there are and if you read the books on Kennedy or Johnson you see a lot of revelations that shine new light on those Presidents. I just wonder when the left gets uninterested in Trump?
Probably a few years before the right is uninterested in Hillary.

John Kelly. The general your crush picked to be his Chief of Staff. Remember? Or did Trump's puppet masters pick him out?
Do you have a quote from Kelly?

Is that some kind of an attempt to dismiss what Donald Trump said.

Let me be more pointed. Were you ever a fan of the Nazis during World War II or now?

No. They're both dead and neither has been President for well over 50 years - one of them almost 60 years.

Now get back on topic, which is that idiot Trump's (the guy who was President one and a half years ago) comments to General Kelly about the German generals.

can you even imagine, when the ex-president takes his last breath (as we all do), the books and truths that will come rushing out (even from his own family)?

it will be an explosion of all the horrible stuff about him that we all knew and the insiders will confirm it all AND MORE.

and then his supporters will wear that Scarlet "T" on their chests forevermore.

Last edited:

Who says?

I do hope that a reporter is able to ask Gen Kelly if this is true or not. Until then, here again what's in quote.

It turned out that the generals had rules, standards, and expertise, not blind loyalty. The President’s loud complaint to John Kelly one day was typical: “You ****ing generals, why can’t you be like the German generals?”

“Which generals?” Kelly asked.

“The German generals in World War II,” Trump responded.

“You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?” Kelly said.

But, of course, Trump did not know that. “No, no, no, they were totally loyal to him,” the President replied.

If you dare to speak your mind, sport, do you believe that Generals serving under the current commander-n-chief are to be loyal to the president on a personal level? By 'personal level', I mean to do anything that the president wants.

Current news possibly?

Have you realized that DJT is still out 'there' campaigning and possibly trying to run again for president??

I won't argue that every president doesn't have some skeletons in their closet, but DJT has many closets, a garage, attic and basement full of skeletons.

Read the OP, counselor. It's easy to do if you click it open. Let me guess - is yesterday a hard word for you too?
I read it. There's no quote from Kelly.

I do hope that a reporter is able to ask Gen Kelly if this is true or not. Until then, here again what's in quote.
Let me know when you get the quote.

Until then, spare me the irrelevant shit.

Let me know when you get the quote.

Until then, spare me the irrelevant shit.
Quotes provided to you are squarely right before your eyes, sport. I again hope to get additional proof of this from a reporter who talks with Gen Kelly. I'd suggest the same to take place for DJT but he'd just go off into his whacky swamp blabbering that it's all fake news because he's got nothing else that rolls out of his mouth to back his slimy lying ass. ;)

Who says?

Sounds like you'd have been a perfect foot soldier for Hitler. Blind obedience.

Altho when I read your posts, I visualize something more like Sargent Schultz.

Quotes provided to you are squarely right before your eyes, sport. I again hope to get additional proof of this from a reporter who talks with Gen Kelly. I'd suggest the same to take place for DJT but he'd just go off into his whacky swamp blabbering that it's all fake news because he's got nothing else that rolls out of his mouth to back his slimy lying ass. ;)
And yet...you cannot provide quotes. Hell, not even that reporter can provide quotes...just hearsay.

Back
Top Bottom