• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dixie Chicks fly to No. 1 in first full week of album sales

NYStateofMind said:
.....and that's why Bush only speaks in front of groups that are supportive of him, right? It's hardly a "liberal" tactic! :rofl

well he does have a lot to choose from............The Military loves him and voted for him by a 70% margin in 2004 and over 60,000,000 people voted for him in 2004........

Its to bad that Liberals have to go to the UK and Venezuela to find people that think as they do.........

Navy Pride said:
You just don't get it and probably never will.............
I don't, then you need be explaining better.

Make us all understand Navy Pride, but don't expect us all to believe liberals are such cowards that we wont speak up on our own soil or that there is anything wrong with criticizing your country while in another country. If not agreeing with you is not getting it then sure I don't get it.

LiberalNation said:
I don't, then you need be explaining better.

Make us all understand Navy Pride, but don't expect us all to believe liberals are such cowards that we wont speak up on our own soil or that there is anything wrong with criticizing your country while in another country. If not agreeing with you is not getting it then sure I don't get it.

Well why didn't the Dixie Chicks and Cindy Sheehan do that?

Navy Pride said:
Well why didn't the Dixie Chicks and Cindy Sheehan do that?
Sheehan did and the Dixie Chicks are now. You can comment in both places. They are commenting here, there, and Sheehan is doing it anywhere someone might here her.

Sheehan is a publicity whore, don't worry she will make comments bashing America on American soil as well as to foreigners.

Sheehan did and the Dixie Chicks are now.

I don't know what that means?:confused:

Sheehan is a publicity whore, don't worry she will make comments bashing America on American soil as well as to foreigners.

well at least we agree on that.............

Navy Pride said:
I don't know what that means?
What.:doh

Well this has just turned out to be the most productive of debates.:(

Navy Pride said:
OK tell you what.........You come to my Fleet Reserve Association lodge and put this country down and see what happens.
What would happen? Are you making threats against any American who disagrees with the worst President in US history (Bush)?

So you're all for freedom of speech so long as they say what you agree with...but if someone says something you or you little buddies find offensive we should "see what happens"?

Sounds like a great bunch of people....

LiberalNation said:
I would, but I'm not famous so no one wants to listen to me. As long as I get to have my own security team, sign me up. I'll be the liberal who had the courage to criticize this country and our president in front of them.

I would criticize America and Bush to foreigners too of course but they also don’t want to listen to me.

There are liberals out there who have the courage to do it.
Sign me up too! Fly me out to wherever the Lodge Buddies hang out and I will clearly express my sincere dislike, distrust and distaste for everything Bush...

No body guards needed...just watching NP and his minions turn red with anger is more than enough to make the trip a bundle of joy.

NYStateofMind said:
.....and that's why Bush only speaks in front of groups that are supportive of him, right? It's hardly a "liberal" tactic! :rofl
EXACTLY! Bush has never had the balls to speak in front of an impartial crowd...and since his approval rating is below freezing I suspect that he never will.

Navy Pride said:
well he does have a lot to choose from............The Military loves him and voted for him by a 70% margin in 2004 and over 60,000,000 people voted for him in 2004.
Right on! He's the most popular...ooops...I mean the LEAST popular 2nd term President ever....Even his own party has turned against him. I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing people wearing garlic necklaces if they have to be around him...

Bush is less popular everyday....he's the Democrats best spokesman these days..everything he says or does turns to dust...He'll always have Ken Lay's vote...oh wait...Ken LAy won't be able to vote again, will he?

Navy Pride said:
well he does have a lot to choose from............The Military loves him and voted for him by a 70% margin in 2004 and over 60,000,000 people voted for him in 2004........

Its to bad that Liberals have to go to the UK and Venezuela to find people that think as they do.........
Since Bush's approval ratings at present are at 30-odd percent, it's getting tougher for him to find those supportive audiences. That means that about 2/3 don't love him, and a lot more people here are thinking that the Iraq war was a mistake....so much for the argument that the liberals have to go to other countries to find people who think like them!

There's nothing wrong with preaching to the choir, all politicians do it. That was my point......it isn't a liberal tactic, it's a smart tactic. But, if you insist, you can call it a smart liberal tactic! :mrgreen:

And, yes, we all have the right to speak out if we disagree with the president. Whether it is here or abroad is immaterial. I'm so tired of the attempt to wrap the president in the american flag and accuse anyone who disagrees with him of treason. It weakens our country to suggest such nonsense and try to stifle debate. Such debate is what keeps our democracy strong.

26 X World Champs said:
What would happen? Are you making threats against any American who disagrees with the worst President in US history (Bush)?

So you're all for freedom of speech so long as they say what you agree with...but if someone says something you or you little buddies find offensive we should "see what happens"?

Sounds like a great bunch of people....

I wasn't talking about "Slick Willie"...............ROTFLMAO......

I am all fOR free speech but your girlfriends would not have the nerve to make those outrageous comments in front of veterans and patriots so there is no worry about free speech is there.........

Last edited:
26 X World Champs said:
Sign me up too! Fly me out to wherever the Lodge Buddies hang out and I will clearly express my sincere dislike, distrust and distaste for everything Bush...

No body guards needed...just watching NP and his minions turn red with anger is more than enough to make the trip a bundle of joy.

Your just like the Dixie Chicks, your so brave putting this country down sitting there cowering behind your monitor where you are safe and sound..............:rofl

Navy Pride said:
Your just like the Dixie Chicks, your so brave putting this country down sitting there cowering behind your monitor where you are safe and sound..............:rofl

Sounds to me like NP is calling you out 26 X World Champs, one on one, mano a mano, just you and NP in a fight to the death.

NP I'm sure will defend his country against percieved traitors like you and the Dixie Chicks even if it means resorting to fisticuffs.

First you and then Natalie. :cool:

Navy Pride said:
I guess you're unable to distinguish criticizing an inept and ignorant President and "putting this country down"?

I think most people are smart enough to grasp that people who criticize do so out of love for their country. Their smart and brave enough to not accept the propoganda and lies of this administration and instead care so much about the USA that they will stand up and be recognized....you know, like we did against the Brits way back in 1776 or like Lincoln did when he signed the Emancipation Proclamation.

Anyone can be a mindless drone and accept the lies of the Bush Administration (though less and less Americans are doing it). It takes very little to goosestep in tow. It does take independent thinking to question "authority" and to speak out against ignorance (aka Bush).

I also find it incredible that anyone who thinks of themselves as an American would be unable to comprehend that being an American means respecting the disenting voice even when you really disagree with the message. For example while I really, really dislike Bush and his message I also believe that his message strengthens my resolve to defeat him and the people who support him. He motivates me. I don't want him to shut up. I want him to continue to articulate his moronic and misguided theories so that the plurality against him continues to grow.

November 8th is going to be one of those life changing days in American history...

OH yeah, Navy...remember how you always use the expression?

"If it walks like a duck"

Well President Bush walks like a duck...a lame duck!

Lame-Duck.jpg

KidRocks said:
Sounds to me like NP is calling you out 26 X World Champs, one on one, mano a mano, just you and NP in a fight to the death.

NP I'm sure will defend his country against percieved traitors like you and the Dixie Chicks even if it means resorting to fisticuffs.

Oh you qwazy rabbit you! Dont'cha know that Liberals are all ******s who would never fight for what they believe in?

A Veteran at a GWB speech

bullshitdeflector3nw.jpg

KidRocks said:

Did all that fighting long ago..........I am a lover now...;)

“First, I usually avoid your posts, so if you said something about Natalie, I didn't read it. Second, her apology was merely that she regretted having insulted the office the president.”

:rofl Avoid them….seems to me you are answering one :rofl you are just so tolerant :roll:

She alopogized for one reason...........record sales and her popularity was in the can. And I am sure her publicist told her to do it. You think she revers the office of the presidency? Oh pleazzze

But I'll never get an answer to that question since you avoid all my posts....:rofl

Now that Bushes populartiy is low......The Ditzie Chicks have decided to get their knives out again.

Navy Pride said………”OK tell you what.........You come to my Fleet Reserve Association lodge and put this country down and see what happens..........If you can't see the difference in making outrageous statements in front of people who think as you do and patriotic Americans who love this country and never put it down I don't know what to tell you.....”

You are right. But see this type of person would say what ever he wants to say regardless of who he hurts or demeans. Ted Turner the biggest lib of them all comes to mind. I remember after 9-11 how he called the Islamic terrorists on 9-11, brave.
He mocked his own employees who were celebrating Ash Wednesday by calling them Jesus Freaks. He mocked the Pope simply because he was polish. He said Christianity is for losers. He compared Rupert Murdoch to Hitler. Wonder if he was just a tad upset at the time that Fox News took over the number one ratings from his own precious CNN. People like this do not care.

But hey I defend his right to say whatever he wishes. And I defend anyone else who wants to bash and say whatever they want about him. Turner......if the United States were attacked would leave the country or hide under his bed and let the brave protect him.

“No one should have the right to silence others, you can disagree and express your disagreement but you should not have the right to silence them or physically harm them.

Most people like to speak their minds at friendlier ventures, that is not really cowardice just human nature. Talking to people who don't here you is useless.”

No one should be silenced or God forbid harmed.... BUT personally…..the person who wants to make an outrageous statement should take into consideration where he is making the statement at.

I would never speak ill of my country especially overseas especially during wartime. We have men and woman who have VOLUNTEERED to serve in the military and whose lives are in jeopardy every minute of every day and we should respect that whether we agree or not.

I couldnt stand Clinton while he was in office. He was a disquesting human being in my opinion......as was Jimmy Carter, only Carter was far worse. Clinton thought with his you know what, and.........Carter meant to do harm and probaby did by slamming the president every chance he got, especially on foreign soil and during war time. Trying to make a name for himself since he was such a pathetic president.

I would assume most the men and woman at the Fleet Reserve Association are patriotic citizens who have put their life on the line for this country. No one should show up to demean them. There are other places to make a point.
It’s like what’s happening at the funerals of soldiers who have recently died in the war. No one should be allowed in the cemetery to interfere with a funeral. That is not the time or place……..and anyone who would do such an act is inhuman. I don’t care who they are....conservative or liberal.

“The point I am trying to make to you Liberals is it would never happen.........No Liberal would have the gonads or the courage to do it........”

I put nothing passed radical liberals and what they say and do to make a point. Remember L.S Kings funeral? I don’t hesitate to guess that Cindy Sheehan would not do it in a minute. Well that is if there were cameras there.

NavyPride said, “Its to bad that Liberals have to go to the UK and Venezuela to find people that think as they do.........”

Don’t forget France….

doughgirl said:
Avoid them….seems to me you are answering one :rofl you are just so tolerant :roll:

She alopogized for one reason...........record sales and her popularity was in the can. And I am sure her publicist told her to do it. You think she revers the office of the presidency? Oh pleazzze

But I'll never get an answer to that question since you avoid all my posts....:rofl

I avoid your post because they are so damn long. Do you think that most people read your entire posts? I usually read the first paragraph and then move on. You're too long winded (and not very interesting). Just FYI

It's possible she apologized because of the death threats. doughgirl, we can go back and forth on this. You nor I have any true idea of what was going on in Natalie's head when she made her subsequent statement. Maybe her mother told her how disappointed she was. You don't know.

You overdo this smilie :rofl so much that I find don't find your laughing over the things you post remotely credible.

"It's possible she apologized because of the death threats. doughgirl, we can go back and forth on this. You nor I have any true idea of what was going on in Natalie's head when she made her subsequent statement. Maybe her mother told her how disappointed she was. You don't know."

Oh pleazeee. You seem to know Bushes motives and his heart and you give her the benefit of the doubt and tell me I dont know hers.

Ya know whenever a top entertainer has a political bone to pick they have an instant flatform........and she used it and she knew exactly what she was doing as do the other radical left wingers like, Sarandan and Robbins and Baldwin and Madonna. They are political simpletons all of them. They are self-righteous people and the only reason they are given a platform is because they are celebrities. Yes, they are so thoughtful and compassionate... they're against animal cruelty yet for dismemberment of the unborn.

Hollywood wants us "low-life regualr people to believe that their concerns are principled. Yea right. they are all agaisnt this war........yet not one stood up and opposed the Clintons administration and their use of military might in the mid 1990's in Bosnia. Maybe they were too busy taking turns renting the Lincoln bedroom during all of that bloodshed.

and if memory serves me right,,,,Why didnt Hollywood wail when Clinton used unilateral military force in Iraq? Its all about being a Democrat.
Military force is never good when the Republicans use it.
Where was all the hollywood hoopla when Clinton FORCED A REGIME CHANGE IN HAITI? OR WHEN HE ORDERED A CRUISE MISSILE STRIKE AGAISNT A PHARMACEUTICAL LAB IN THE SUDAN? Its all about being a Democrat.
And now that I think of it why was Hollyywood so quiet when Clinton gave the go-ahead for three days of air strikes agaisnt Iraq? And when he bombed Bosnia?

Didn't he drive Milosevic (sp?) from power? I mean tell me what did that guy do that was so bad? Did he pose a threat to us? :rofl What business was it of ours to butt into their business? Did they attack us?

Its all about being a democrat.
Hollywood can tolerate anything and everything if a Democrat does it.

Maine knew exactly what she was doing, they all do on that side.

doughgirl said:
Oh pleazeee. You seem to know Bushes motives and his heart and you give her the benefit of the doubt and tell me I dont know hers.

This is the only paragraph of your post that I read. I said that neither one of us truly knows. If you think you know, Ms. Omniscient, LOL.

afr0byte said:
*SHOCK* Yeah, it's unreasonable for someone to want to be able to eat somewhere without having to breath in smoke. :roll:

Then go to a non smoking restaurant. Or are you incapable of making a basic life decision? Do you need the government to handle all decisions for you dealing with your personal welfare. Sorry I was under the impression adults were capable of doing such things. You may not be able to make those decsions for yourself. I however am very capable. If I don't want to go into an establishment because it offends me in some way... GUESS WHAT I DO, OR DON"T DO FOR THAT MATTER. ......I make a personal choice NOT to go in. Hence I am not offended in any way shape or form. :roll:

aps said:
To me, smoking is different, as it impacts those around the smoker. Regardless, I rarely go to a lot of happy hours after work because I hate cigarrette smoke. However, now with the smoking ban in DC, I can go to more. Wooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo!

OOOO ok ... so personal choice being limited is a good thing when you agree with it..... Well damm, you should have said that in the first place

I think that if a person wants to turn their radio to another channel when a Chicksy Dix song comes on, that's their right. If they choose to boycott their records, that's fine too.

But in a public place, they have no right to infringe upon my right to listen to them. They can get up, walk out, or put cigarette butts in their ears. I don't care. Not my problem.

They have absolutely NO RIGHT to arrogantly insist that I should be unable to listen to the Chicks just because they have some bug up their butt.

If I ever find myself in a place where that is happeneing, I will speak up and put this person in their proper place. Believe dat.

The frickin' nerve of some people!:roll:

Oh well, hasn't happened yet so why borrow trouble?

Goodbye Earl.:2wave:

Back
Top Bottom