• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Divisive politics and why the parties are the problem.

craig

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The political parties are the problem and have become a danger to our country.

During the lame duck session the moderates of both parties should form a coalition and take over leadership of both the house and the senate. Then pass legislation that strips political parties of any legal standing and support from within the government. That will allow us to to navigate through this political crisis and danger our country is in and begin a reform process to fix our dysfunctional politics.

I think the majority of both parties are moderate. They have been forced by the all powerful parties to the extremes. If they see the danger to our country and a viable constitutional way to fix it they will stand up.

Parties are not in the constitution. They should not be on the ballot. They should not be supported by government infrastructure. No minority or majority. The primary system allows the 10% of the extremists of either party to control the agenda dividing the 70% in the middle amd preventing moderate government.

Parties should have no government or legal recognition or support of any kind. This will remove the vast amounts of dark money that corrupts our politics. Contributions can only be made by individuals to individuals. Individuals can still assemble or caucus together but such groups will not be legal entities.

Imagine how much better the senate and the house would work if the leadership was chosen from a coalition of the the moderates. We could elect statesmen again and not firebrands. Imagine how political discourse and election behavior will be elevated if they are not driven by the parties with a few red meat issues that are never allowed to be resolved like abortion and gun control.

The armies are the problem and have become a danger to our world.

During the lame duck session the moderates of both armies should form a coalition and take over leadership of both the Allies and the Axis. Then pass legislation that strips armies of any legal standing and support from within the government. That will allow us to to navigate through this political crisis and danger our world is in and begin a reform process to fix our dysfunctional politics.

I think the majority of both armies are moderate. They have been forced by the all powerful armies to the extremes. If they see the danger to our world and a viable constitutional way to fix it they will stand up.

Armies are not in the constitution. They should not be on the ballot. They should not be supported by government infrastructure. No minority or majority. The primary system allows the 10% of the extremists of either army to control the agenda dividing the 70% in the middle amd preventing moderate government.

Armies should have no government or legal recognition or support of any kind. This will remove the vast amounts of dark money that corrupts our politics. Contributions can only be made by individuals to individuals. Individuals can still assemble or caucus together but such groups will not be legal entities.

Imagine how much better the Allies and the Axis would work if the leadership was chosen from a coalition of the the moderates. We could elect statesmen again and not firebrands. Imagine how political discourse and election behavior will be elevated if they are not driven by the armies with a few red meat issues that are never allowed to be resolved like abortion and gun control.

During the lame duck session the moderates of both parties should form a coalition and take over leadership of both the house and the senate. Then pass legislation that strips political parties of any legal standing and support from within the government. That will allow us to to navigate through this political crisis and danger our country is in and begin a reform process to fix our dysfunctional politics.

I think the majority of both parties are moderate. They have been forced by the all powerful parties to the extremes. If they see the danger to our country and a viable constitutional way to fix it they will stand up.

Parties are not in the constitution. They should not be on the ballot. They should not be supported by government infrastructure. No minority or majority. The primary system allows the 10% of the extremists of either party to control the agenda dividing the 70% in the middle amd preventing moderate government.

Parties should have no government or legal recognition or support of any kind. This will remove the vast amounts of dark money that corrupts our politics. Contributions can only be made by individuals to individuals. Individuals can still assemble or caucus together but such groups will not be legal entities.

Imagine how much better the senate and the house would work if the leadership was chosen from a coalition of the the moderates. We could elect statesmen again and not firebrands. Imagine how political discourse and election behavior will be elevated if they are not driven by the parties with a few red meat issues that are never allowed to be resolved like abortion and gun control.
I don't think stripping political parties of any legal standing is easily done. There's this thing called the 1st Amendment that gets in the way.

Government support of political parties, especially taxpayer money support, should come to an end. But it'll never happen.

But here's the big one...

"During the lame duck session the moderates of both parties should form a coalition and take over leadership of both the house and the senate."

How do you think this is supposed to happen when the Speaker of the House and the Senate Majority leader are the ones who decide what legislation comes up for a vote? And what is it about a lame duck session that makes you think such a take over possible?

Oh...and I might add this: Are you forgetting about the President? He/she has a say in this, as well.

I don't think stripping political parties of any legal standing is easily done. There's this thing called the 1st Amendment that gets in the way.

Government support of political parties, especially taxpayer money support, should come to an end. But it'll never happen.

"During the lame duck session the moderates of both parties should form a coalition and take over leadership of both the house and the senate."

How do you think this is supposed to happen when the Speaker of the House and the Senate Majority leader are the ones who decide what legislation comes up for a vote? And what is it about a lame duck session that makes you think such a take over possible?

Oh...and I might add this: Are you forgetting about the President? He/she has a say in this, as well.
The house and senate rules are not codified in law. If a large majority show and vote out the leadership who could stop them. I think the country and the press would be jubilant. The leadership is broadly hated. Of course any presidential veto's of new laws that stripped the parties of power would need to be overridden.

You're an optimist. I think it's already too late.

I suggest the lame duck session because I suspect there may be wide spread public disillusion, panic, and perhaps violence immediately after the eviction no mater who wins. Also if we have a lame duck president he will be very weak politically. If a large enough majority of legislatures demand leadership change. I don't think they could be stopped.

This is the right time to do this.

no comrade, only the republican party is a danger to our country. Until conservatives hold their own accountable they will continue to be a danger to America.

With the greatest respect, the lying thieves in our government are all lying thieves.

The goal you desire is a good one. The people there, though, regardless of party or outward protestations to the contrary, are ALL lying thieves.

Perhaps putting those who are not as experienced in charge would help, but after a short while, they would gain the experience that has corrupted the current leadership.

The death of our Republic, and the means by which it would be killed, was defined BEFORE the Civil War.

Alexis de TocquevilleAlexis de Tocqueville > Quotes

Alexis de Tocqueville quotes Showing 1-30 of 477
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville

With the greatest respect, the lying thieves in our government are all lying thieves.

The goal you desire is a good one. The people there, though, regardless of party or outward protestations to the contrary, are ALL lying thieves.

Perhaps putting those who are not as experienced in charge would help, but after a short while, they would gain the experience that has corrupted the current leadership.

The death of our Republic, and the means by which it would be killed, was defined BEFORE the Civil War.

Alexis de TocquevilleAlexis de Tocqueville > Quotes

Alexis de Tocqueville quotes Showing 1-30 of 477
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville
Should we just give up? What I suggest would be a revolution without violence. It would allow the reform we need.

Should we just give up? What I suggest would be a revolution without violence. It would allow the reform we need.
We have shown we are incapable.

Even one candle lit helps defy the darkness.

If you start the ball rolling, many others may join your movement. I'll jump on board in spirit if not actual support.

Back
Top Bottom