• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Diversity trainers react to Trump’s ban on diversity training in federal agencies

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) -- On Friday, President Donald Trump issued a ban on diversity training within federal agencies.
The White House memo, states, "Federal agencies cease and desist from using taxpayer dollars to fund these divisive, un-American propaganda training sessions."
The document says diversity training suggests the United States is "inherently racist," or an "evil country."

Diversity trainers react to Trump's ban on diversity training in federal agencies

The Racist in Chief being blatant.

Let me guess: you will not submit proof that Trump is one. I mean "a racist".

Just to help...Systemic racism has ended under Obama and Holder. Eight years was plenty to achieve this very noble end with the executive orders and regulations.

So, now, please tell us what "systemic racism" was Trump able to restore and how did he get the DoJ and Congress to agree?

BTW, while I have your attention, did you need "diversity training" or is it always the other guys that need it?

While we are on the subject of race, my definition of "white privilege" is the ability to predict outcomes and avoiding playing stupid games. You know the rest...
I vividly recall my dad telling me not to act like an a-hole with the teachers and cops.

Last edited:

Just to help...Systemic racism has ended under Obama and Holder. Eight years was plenty to achieve this very noble end with the executive orders and regulations.

So, now, please tell us what "systemic racism" was Trump able to restore and how did he get the DoJ and Congress to agree?

BTW, while I have your attention, did you need "diversity training" or is it always the other guys that need it?

Oh please. Spare the happy horse****. Trump is a racist in every sense.

People like you deny that a statement like this is racist. Your denial is absurd.

"“Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?” the president reportedly said. “We should have more people from places like Norway.”

People like you deny that a statement like this is racist. Your denial is absurd.

"“Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?” the president reportedly said. “We should have more people from places like Norway.”

If he said that he prefers people with high IQ, would that be racist?

Picture you and your wife walking to your car a couple of blocks from the restaurant. It's 11 pm. You hear the footsteps and the voices of three men behind you. Would your reaction be the same if those were Norwegians vs "African Americans"? Before you answer, call Jessie Jackson and ask him the same question.

BTW, if your reactions were different, you are a "racist". If the same - you hate your wife or you need to update your crime statistics.

Diversity training relies on science-free pseudo intellectual dogma. As a consequence, it often clashes with legitimate, verifiable scientific evidence, and reputable scientists.

"The button-down empirical and deductive fields, including all the hard sciences, have lived side by side with “critical theory,” postmodernism and its perception-based relatives. Since the creation in 1960s and ’70s of novel, justice-oriented fields, these incompatible worldviews have repelled one another. The faculty from these opposing perspectives, like blue and red voters, rarely mix in any context where reality might have to be discussed. For decades, the uneasy separation held, with the factions enduring an unhappy marriage for the good of the (college) kids."

The Campus Mob Came for Me—and You, Professor, Could Be Next - WSJ

Diversity training also increases unconscious biases , rather than diminish them.

"Although diversity and inclusion training is prevalent in corporate America, its impact is inconsistent. According to the evidence, sometimes the programs even have the opposite effect of what they intend. One 2016 study of 830 mandatory diversity training programs found that they often triggered a strong backlash against the ideas they promoted. “Trainers tell us that people often respond to compulsory courses with anger and resistance,” wrote sociologists Frank Dobbin and Alexandra Kalev in the Harvard Business Review, “and many participants actually report more animosity toward other groups afterward.”

Is your company’s diversity training making you more biased?

--------

Trump simply stopped wasteful gov spending on programs that don't deliver the results they're advertised as having. This is 'racist' to you, because;

1. You don't know what diversity training is
2. You haven't read the pertinent literature about the effects of diversity training
3. You blindly fumble around in the dark looking for something to blame Trump for

:golf

All the diversity training I have had was a big waste of time. Good for Trump to end that horse manure...

Of course, those "trainers" are upset.

They had a really cushy and well-paid gig going around inciting people to anger and spreading falsehoods.

That the President would try to stop such nonsense is horrible, just horrible!

Last edited:

"Young man, walk away from the hate"

BLM Riot Turns Into MAGA YMCA Dance Party - YouTube

I wonder how much these "diversity trainers" get paid to lay on a slimy helping of White Guilt and "How to check your white privilege" drivel.

A city in Illinois is paying 6 figures for a "City Diversity Chief" while they cut firefighter ranks due to "budget constraints".

I wonder how much these "diversity trainers" get paid to lay on a slimy helping of White Guilt and "How to check your white privilege" drivel.

A city in Illinois is paying 6 figures for a "City Diversity Chief" while they cut firefighter ranks due to "budget constraints".

Was just reading
Faculty, Graduate Students and Staff for an Anti-Racist Cornell, 2020 Demands | by Cornell Faculty Coalition | Sep, 2020 | Medium
Diversity is no longer enough for them. "Antiracist" is the new term. Weve gone from -

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
TO-
“The only remedy to racist discrimination is antiracist discrimination. The only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination. The only remedy to present discrimination is future discrimination.”

Couple of paragraphs below from the Cornell Faculty, Graduate Students and Staff letter linked above

What we demand of Cornell is substantive action rather than the performance of racial innocence or enlightenment. “Black Lives Matter” is a call not just for reflection or dialogue, but for genuine reallocation of resources and power. If the suddenly-popular term “anti-racism” is to mean anything at all, it must mean redistributive justice and the dismantling of white supremacist norms and conditions. It must also mean serious intellectual and policy work over the long term. As an institution Cornell aspires to the highest principles of civic duty. Yet every “colorblind” event, mechanism, and process at the university — from new faculty orientations to selection of endowed positions — perpetuates racial disparities and reinforces an unjust status quo.

Today Cornell has a clear moral and intellectual responsibility to transcend symbolism and to unmake the racial regime that its routine operation helps uphold. At the same time, the university must expand its anti-homophobic and anti-transphobic policies and challenge patriarchal, heteronormative and cisgender biases throughout the institution. Concrete changes may be accomplished, in part, by partially defunding existing Diversity and Inclusion programming, much of which is not only ineffectual but can also be damaging. Superficial “diversity” exercises only distract from and help conceal institutional racism. Cornell must divest from the diversity industry it has helped construct. Further resources for anti-racist support may be secured through a partial defunding of the Cornell Police Department, which is another arm of a policing apparatus predicated on the maintenance of a racist order, and which does not protect students from racial and sexual violence but further harms them. We join with #DoBetterCornell in calling not just for a recapitulation of existing policies, but for a change in outcomes. Cornell must build into every aspect of the university explicitly anti-racist pedagogies and frameworks. We, the undersigned scholars and members of the Cornell community, many of who engage questions of racism and inequality in our teaching, scholarship, and everyday lives, call on the university to initiate the following reforms:

That quote couldn't have anything to do with the way the individual countries are run, right?

Where in there did Trump mention race?

Reactions: Bum
That quote couldn't have anything to do with the way the individual countries are run, right?

Democrats assume "shit hole" countries are black. Its like the assumptions in Bidens statement-
“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids,”

There should be NO diversity trainers on federal payroll any more than their should be KKK trainers on federal payroll. Same reason.

How many Diversity training classes/seminars have you taken? Did they tell you anything you didn't already know? Did you accept that if you are a white male you may have held back minorities. That being white got you to your position, not your hard work and knowledge.

I was paid by two levels of government to provide cross cultural training. I have to agree with you and I will explain why. If people genuinely want to learn about differences in cultures and how this may impact on communications, perceptions and lead to misunderstandings that can be useful. Diplomats, corporate executives, military, get that kind of training and it has a lot to do with protocols as to what is considered rude, impolite, inappropriate and non verbal body language. I am sure you know about that. It has specific purpose. Its also used by police and other investigative agencies analyzing human behaviour. It can be very helpful.

However when we speak of diversity training, the word "diversity" is NOT necessarily concerned with cross cultural communications or psychology which I taught. Its about political concepts relating to perceptions of unfairness and who is unfair and so it is often not in resolving misunderstandings and may in fact reinforce them.

I have trained police, teachers, nurses, mental health counselors, etc. We would teach very specific things like how in some cultures time reference is far different or how body posture or mannerisms is different. In some cultures for example people when looking at authority figures bow their heads, engage in excessive smiling, avert their eyes, nod up and down to mean yes not no. Different cultures have different non verbal mannerisms and use different tones of voice for situations you and I might not. Our focus was on the immediate hear and now and preventing misunderstandings in the moment. We also were vert clear that what we taught was not a one size fits all approach.

I am of course over simplifying it. Diversity training though focuses on the politics of power imbalance.

Diversity training is a concept attached to undoing what is seemed as unfair power imbalances. It starts off with genuine intent to address a perceived unfair relationship but then often evolves into the exercise of simply reversing the order of who abuses who without ever addressing the misunderstandings.

It all comes down to the motives of the people behind the so called "training".

Last edited:

Lolwut? Did systemic racism end with reconstruction when significant gains in representation were made?

While we are on the subject of race, my definition of "white privilege" is the ability to predict outcomes and avoiding playing stupid games. You know the rest...
I vividly recall my dad telling me not to act like an a-hole with the teachers and cops.
They told you to lick the boot more like ;)

If he said that he prefers people with high IQ, would that be racist?

Picture you and your wife walking to your car a couple of blocks from the restaurant. It's 11 pm. You hear the footsteps and the voices of three men behind you. Would your reaction be the same if those were Norwegians vs "African Americans"? Before you answer, call Jessie Jackson and ask him the same question.

BTW, if your reactions were different, you are a "racist". If the same - you hate your wife or you need to update your crime statistics.
Jesse jackson is irrelevant to this conversation. Nobody is gonna give a damn what you want pretty soon.

Subtext. Thats the point.

Back
Top Bottom