• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dithering GOP Stalls House’s New Trump-Russia Probe

Shame there wasnt a special counsel appointed for Benghazi. Fact is there would have only needed to be 1 if the Clinton team and the corrupt Obama justice department hadnt ****ing lied their asses off, destroyed evidence,etc.

But none of that matters to you.

None of it matters to you either, you just want to throw any Democrat in jail.

WHY are House GOP leaders stalling on the appointment of members to the House Intelligence Committee? If the investigations into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia are such a nothing-burger, why not finish up the questioning? GOP Senators found there was collaboration, so why can't House members acknowledge it.

'Collaboration' can mean a lot of things. Was there irrefutable evidence that the Russians gave the democrat DNC dirty laundry emails to Assange instead of Seth Rich? Was Trump even remotely involved somehow?

Just out of curiosity...wasnt Trump/Russia the reason THIS clown was employed in the first place?

View attachment 67248992
I've never seen such a heavily muscled jaw and prominent chin as Mueller's. Last time I saw a chin like that was on Jay Leno. Bet he grinds his teeth...

Hating Trump and looking for an excuse to offload him yet being afraid of the voters.... we who have generally refused to give him up after daily doses of ANti-TRump propaganda designed to move us in the direction that our self appointed betters wish us to go....is a sticky situation.

The R's need to think about it.

Propaganda?

The man made his millions off the backs of the New York Taxpayer.

He is -literally- the antithesis of "working class or middle class america."

If you think it's propaganda that he is wealthy thanks to this, then nothing can save you from your bias.

The Meuller investigation, AKA the 'Insurance Policy', purpose is to:

• continue to focus the public's attention on Trump, whether there's anything there or not
  • divert the public's focus away from the previous administration was using government agencies to spy on an opposition political campaign
  • divert the public's focus away from the manner said spying's justification was wormed through the federal bureaucracy
  • divert the public's focus away from the manner in which the FBI conducted itself in their investigation
  • divert the public's focus away from the numerous Russian connections between the DNC, Hillary
  • divert the public's focus away from the manner in which the FBI conducted itself in Hillary's email investigation

That's all what the Mueller investigation is for, and nothing else.

poor eohrn. See how you're reduced to whining and lying about the investigation. The investigation into trump started because Papadopolous bragged about the Russian email hack before the emails came out. We know that because "trump stooge 1" told us. That alone shreds the first four "flails" in your list. And the last two are the obligatory "wah wah watabout Hillary". Here's "trump stooge 1" telling us what started the investigation.

The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/372022-read-the-controversial-memo-just-released-by-republicans
https://thehill.com/policy/national...ulos-info-triggered-fbis-russia-investigation

Has Trump been indicted yet? No?

How bring.

#ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

WHY are House GOP leaders stalling on the appointment of members to the House Intelligence Committee? If the investigations into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia are such a nothing-burger, why not finish up the questioning? GOP Senators found there was collaboration, so why can't House members acknowledge it.

The investigations for the last few years have already been a nothingburger. By the way, the House has already done investigations of Trump. So has the Senate. And so has Mueller. The House's new investigations are nothing more than for political purposes. Is the House afraid that Mueller will come up with nothing? Does the House believe in Mueller or not? If they don't trust or believe in Mueller then why not stop the Mueller investigation and just do a House investigation?

The investigations for the last few years have already been a nothingburger. By the way, the House has already done investigations of Trump. So has the Senate. And so has Mueller. The House's new investigations are nothing more than for political purposes. Is the House afraid that Mueller will come up with nothing? Does the House believe in Mueller or not? If they don't trust or believe in Mueller then why not stop the Mueller investigation and just do a House investigation?

exactly all of this has already been examed by both the house and the senate intelligence committee's there has been nothing there for the past 2 years.
talk about beating a dead horse.

so far none of the crimes anyone has been busted on have related to trump russia collusion or obstruction.
this whole thing has been 1 huge farce to try and unseat a duly elected president and the people of this country
should be more outraged over that than anything else.

The GOP led House and Senate were inept? Incompetent? Stupid? Or were they lying?
Unfortunately, waterboarding isnt an option. And since the Obama administration officials flat out lied under oath AND since the FBI granted immunity to people that knowingly, willfully, destroyed subpoenaed evidence it looks an awful lot like collusion at least.

But again...the facts...you dont care about the facts. Leftists cheered on the lies.

If Mueller is already investigating whether anyone lied while testifying to the House Intelligence Committee, which super power of his is he using to see the testimony he has not yet been given?
LOL, you got it backwards - what is the committee going to ask that Mueller hasn't or should have asked. He's spent two years and millions of dollars on this issue. Aren't you guys the ones that screamed like scalded cats over the duplicative and lengthy investigations into Benghazi and Clinton's emails? But this is different, right? It's Trump.

exactly all of this has already been examed by both the house and the senate intelligence committee's there has been nothing there for the past 2 years.

so far none of the crimes anyone has been busted on have related to trump russia collusion or obstruction.
this whole thing has been 1 huge farce to try and unseat a duly elected president and the people of this country

It's actually hilarious that Mueller has charged several Russian spies for ................................. spying. Duh. That was worth 30 million dollars.

It's actually hilarious that Mueller has charged several Russian spies for ................................. spying. Duh. That was worth 30 million dollars.

i mean we have spies don't we? i guess they are well committing illegal acts then yet we don't throw them in jail.
the irony of what is going on here is amazing.

I would be very happy to be proven wrong by what comes next.

The trouble seems to be that if they always take the high road, we should expect the future to be full of shenanigans like the ones they played in refusing to vote on Garland's nomination because a justice had not happened to need replacement in a little under a full year from the next election. They've gotten two justices when they should have had one. And that's an outcome that extends their arm over decades.

If the Dems can work out a way to succeed at a reasonable rate taking the high road, I would prefer that greatly. But I am also quite sick of shaking my head in disbelief when the GOP does some new slimey thing the Dems hadn't done to get an advantage, or when it does something the Dems have done but at a far higher rate, then gets away with it. It looks like a balance between acting on the principles one believes in, or taking actions that maintains those principles in law for others.

Escalation of corruption by 'look at the other guy..!"

It is a unique aspect of American politics as it works so well. We can trace some of this back to the Reagan era, and more recently a certain president managing to spin an obstruction of justice charge into a national comedy about a blow job, taking down a young woman in the process.

So the cries of "you lied!" were anemic "poor me's" when George Bush convinced the world there were "weapons of mass destruction" and decided to start yet another war. Nor were Americans sufficiently incensed when The Great Lie, was pounded into your heads like Madison avenue on steriods the "You can keep your plan...." promise that cleared what little debris of truth still available from the scene entirely so that a serial liar now rules...and 45% of the people believe him.

That's why I say take the high road. Many years ago the sitting government in BC made a big mistake and got away with it. Along with a well organized dirty tricks campaign they jury rigged the ridings. They got away with it because in the midst of the opposition complaining, it was discovered they had been shoveling secret $ at elections. Oops! Thtat party soon disappeared from the landscape. Two elections later - gone! But a memory!

Sooner or later - agree there may be a long time in the wilderness - the people will come to get tired of being used and will push back. It is then I want to be on the high road, especially in America where this whole race to the sewer could become violent

LOL, you got it backwards - what is the committee going to ask that Mueller hasn't or should have asked. He's spent two years and millions of dollars on this issue. Aren't you guys the ones that screamed like scalded cats over the duplicative and lengthy investigations into Benghazi and Clinton's emails? But this is different, right? It's Trump.

Your attempt to change the story has failed. You argued that Mueller is already investigating if anyone lied to the House Intel Cmte and now you do not want to admit your argument was dumb.

So you go on and claim this is duplicative when neither Mueller, nor anyone else in the DoJ, has investigated if anyone lied to the HIC.

to be honest, we didn't start complaining until the 4th or 5th investigation. That's when it became a witch hunt. And we complained about Comey "reopening" it right before the election. You and yours have whined non stop about the Mueller investigation. You only continue to show your inability to differentiate a legitimate investigation that is achieving results and a witch hunt.

Escalation of corruption by 'look at the other guy..!"

It is a unique aspect of American politics as it works so well. We can trace some of this back to the Reagan era, and more recently a certain president managing to spin an obstruction of justice charge into a national comedy about a blow job, taking down a young woman in the process.

So the cries of "you lied!" were anemic "poor me's" when George Bush convinced the world there were "weapons of mass destruction" and decided to start yet another war. Nor were Americans sufficiently incensed when The Great Lie, was pounded into your heads like Madison avenue on steriods the "You can keep your plan...." promise that cleared what little debris of truth still available from the scene entirely so that a serial liar now rules...and 45% of the people believe him.

That's why I say take the high road. Many years ago the sitting government in BC made a big mistake and got away with it. Along with a well organized dirty tricks campaign they jury rigged the ridings. They got away with it because in the midst of the opposition complaining, it was discovered they had been shoveling secret $ at elections. Oops! Thtat party soon disappeared from the landscape. Two elections later - gone! But a memory!

Sooner or later - agree there may be a long time in the wilderness - the people will come to get tired of being used and will push back. It is then I want to be on the high road, especially in America where this whole race to the sewer could become violent

I understand you.

I may have sounded certain about this conclusion of mine regarding the high and low roads lately, but I'm really not. And you very well may be right. I hope you're right. I guess the best advice for me is "chin up, eyes forward".

I suppose it probably is too early to give up on principle winning the day but I do worry, and do so deeply.

to be honest, we didn't start complaining until the 4th or 5th investigation. That's when it became a witch hunt. And we complained about Comey "reopening" it right before the election. You and yours have whined non stop about the Mueller investigation. You only continue to show your inability to differentiate a legitimate investigation that is achieving results and a witch hunt.
Yeah, basically we whined that the Mueller investigation was begun without evidence of a crime or wrongdoing. Clinton's emails was a slam dunk until Comey and Lynch declined to prosecute.

Your attempt to change the story has failed. You argued that Mueller is already investigating if anyone lied to the House Intel Cmte and now you do not want to admit your argument was dumb.
nope, didn't argue that at all.

sangha said:
So you go on and claim this is duplicative when neither Mueller, nor anyone else in the DoJ, has investigated if anyone lied to the HIC.
Baloney.

Yeah, basically we whined that the Mueller investigation was begun without evidence of a crime or wrongdoing.

That's why investigations are initiated, to collect evidence and interview witnesses. The majority of LE investigations are initiated due to suspicions.

I can't wait to finally cook this red herring.

Yeah, basically we whined that the Mueller investigation was begun without evidence of a crime or wrongdoing. Clinton's emails was a slam dunk until Comey and Lynch declined to prosecute.
So that's two things you were wrong about. the investigation started because Papapdopolous bragged about the Russia hacking before anybody knew. And we learned that from "trump stooge 1". Yes Nunes.

The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016

https://thehill.com/policy/national...ulos-info-triggered-fbis-russia-investigation

Throw in all the trump officials lying about their contacts with the Russians and you just don't get to say it was "begun without evidence of a crime or wrongdoing." And this is the best part. the Mueller investigation started in May 2017. Its kinda hard to whine about Mueller when it was started by Trump but yet you do it.

And bulleye, of course you thought Clinton's emails were a slam dunk. The people who told you that are the same people who told you President Obama was born in Kenya, his BC a forgery, he wants to kill old people and the vile and disgusting "stand down" lies. And Bullseye, they're the same people telling you the Mueller investigation was "begun without evidence of a crime or wrongdoing." And what proves they are lying again is that Trump didn't appoint the special prosecutor to finally "get" Hillary. And the republican congress did nothing also. You either have to accept Clinton did nothing criminal or add Trump and the republican congress to your "deep state" narrative.

Please Republicans have not given up on Benghazi after eight or nine Republican led investigations that proved no fault.

And you expect Democrats to accept the findings of Nunes and the like.

Stop kidding around..

Back
Top Bottom