• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Disturbing Video Shows Transgender Woman Being Attacked on NYC Train as Riders Watch

Re: Disturbing Video Shows Transgender Woman Being Attacked on NYC Train as Riders Wa

Disturbing Video Shows Transgender Woman Being Attacked on NYC Train as Riders Watch | KTLA

Wow that woman assaulting Pearl is the definition of what s piece of **** human being is . . .so said . . . its also said that nobody supposedly helped her. I would have.

Was Pearl helping herself or was she too busy videoing the woman? Did Pearl ask for help? It's not always apparent that help is needed nor wanted. That being said WTF is wrong with some people (the lady doing the assaulting).

Re: Disturbing Video Shows Transgender Woman Being Attacked on NYC Train as Riders Wa

That woman definitely should not treat handicapped people that way.

What people should she treat that way?

Its not a matter of it being 'pc to say' or not, its a matter of accuracy. Its been my experience that almost everybody 'behaves in a way that reduces their chances of success' in one way or another. That they are handicapping themselves in the arena of life doesn't make them 'handicapped' Nor does it in any way justify being assaulted or subject to violence. But I would be curious as to what 'handicap' you feel a person who initiates violence upon another suffers from.

It depends on the level of choice involved vs predetermination and the level of handicapping. If you feel driven to behavior like that the fellow's in the video and put yourself in danger's way for no other reason as he says he does, that is a handicap. This is more so considering that the behavior also reduces the number of places you can live, jobs available to you etc. One must feel sorry for people so afflicted.

What people should she treat that way?

Hells Angels.

You don't like the term? Fine by me, if you want to lie to yourself. Because I can hardly believe you don't recognize that persons driven to behavior that puts them at major disadvantage and risk, while handicapping them severely in most spheres of life.

You lost what ever attempt you were trying to make by classifying transgenderism as a behavior....and using the term handicapping.

Handicapping is a sports term not a clinical term.

Unless you are claiming that the woman is really a horse.

You lost what ever attempt you were trying to make by classifying transgenderism as a behavior....and using the term handicapping.

Handicapping is a sports term not a clinical term.

Unless you are claiming that the woman is really a horse.

True. Pc speak for handicapped is now challenged.

It depends on the level of choice involved vs predetermination and the level of handicapping. If you feel driven to behavior like that the fellow's in the video and put yourself in danger's way for no other reason as he says he does, that is a handicap. This is more so considering that the behavior also reduces the number of places you can live, jobs available to you etc. One must feel sorry for people so afflicted.

You mean like women who wear seductive clothing are asking to be attacked?

Makes as much sense as your other posts.

I realize you don't like the truth. Sorry about that.

You mean like women who wear seductive clothing are asking to be attacked?

You could certainly argue that dressing in seductive clothing it would be catastrophically stupid to venture into parts of Teheran.

Feeling you are something you are not is a handicap, if it drives you to demonstrate it in circumstances in which you are continuously assaulted. That is not to say that the assault isn't stupid and criminal.

Nope that's not what a handicap is at all, try again. Like I said if we are going to use loose random definitions the criminal vile lady that did the assault is easily more handicapped. The video proves that.
Also the "demonstration" is not what got her assaulted. That's like saying wearing a skirt caused the rape.

Was Pearl helping herself or was she too busy videoing the woman? Did Pearl ask for help? It's not always apparent that help is needed nor wanted. That being said WTF is wrong with some people (the lady doing the assaulting).

No pearl did not help herself and was even chased and assaulted, at least according to the story. Also just from whats in the video alone, I step in every time. I can't answer what is wrong with that lady she is obviously seriously unstable and a danger to society.

You don't like the term? Fine by me, if you want to lie to yourself. Because I can hardly believe you don't recognize that persons driven to behavior that puts them at major disadvantage and risk, while handicapping them severely in most spheres of life.

The term is inaccurate. You are equivocating a definition. By your definition, someone who is left-handed is handicapped.

If you are not going to debate honestly, let me know and that is how I will deal with you from here on.

Then you are wrong. But never mind.

Actually, I'm right and either you don't know what you are talking about or you are just being dishonest. Let me know which.

So, based on your definition, you believe that blacks are handicapped. Women too. Homosexuals, too.

Your definition is idiotic and an example of either dishonesty or bias.

Fear prevented good people from intervening.

It is the America that we live in today.

Would you have been too afraid to intervene? I would've intervened if a man was attacking a woman, but what am I going to do to a woman attacking a man other than contact the police, which someone may have done if they were anywhere outside of a moving subway car. Also, why didn't the transgender person stand up for themselves? It's not like everyone was attacking him/her. It's NYC...it's survival of the fittest there and really not a place for the faint of heart.

Blame? That is a different category. I was talking cause.

The cause of adult assault is always that the one committing assault feels the need to be violent when the situation doesn't call for it.

The incidental facts about the victim doesn't matter.

The term is inaccurate. You are equivocating a definition. By your definition, someone who is left-handed is handicapped.

If you are not going to debate honestly, let me know and that is how I will deal with you from here on.

Handicapped is a relative thing. When working with machinery that can only be handled with a good right hand the left-handed are indeed handicapped.

Actually, I'm right and either you don't know what you are talking about or you are just being dishonest. Let me know which.

I didn't want to be impolite, but that is exactly, what I thought about you.

So, based on your definition, you believe that blacks are handicapped. Women too. Homosexuals, too.

Your definition is idiotic and an example of either dishonesty or bias.

In fact, they are handicapped in the world as we have structured it. This is why we put so much effort into changing the environment in which the live and improving input like education into the members of those groups or making their inclusion legally mandatory. Handicap is a relative thing and relates to how well the person is probable to fare in the world she is confronted with. Anyone that says those groups are not severely handicapped in our society is just afraid of the term and is ignoring or missing a whole side of the problem. This influences the thinking about the topic, even the research to a certain extent, impacts policy asymmetrically and sends the measures taken in resolution of the problems relating to the handicaps down misinformed paths.

Would you have been too afraid to intervene? I would've intervened if a man was attacking a woman, but what am I going to do to a woman attacking a man other than contact the police, which someone may have done if they were anywhere outside of a moving subway car. Also, why didn't the transgender person stand up for themselves? It's not like everyone was attacking him/her. It's NYC...it's survival of the fittest there and really not a place for the faint of heart.

I most certainly would have stopped it by stepping in between the two.

Why didn't the TG person defend her/himself? Some people are totally passive.

NYC is no different than many other cities when it come to violence.

The cause of adult assault is always that the one committing assault feels the need to be violent when the situation doesn't call for it.

The incidental facts about the victim doesn't matter.

I think possibly you are committing a fundamental attribution error. I realize that this topic is highly controversial, but that does not mean that cause and culpability are the same thing. They are not and it is a bad mistake as an individual or as a society to forget that.

Sure you can put on a bikini top and tiny skirt to walk the back streets of Tehran for the thrill. When you are assaulted you can rightly point out that it was inhuman to rape you and throw acid in your face. You can demand the culprit hang. If you did the same in many US areas or parts of European city, similar outcomes could easily be expected. The assaults are criminal there. the culprits would be punished, if they were caught and the forensic evidence is strong enough. But there is also no doubt who caused the incident by neglecting the fact, that the outcome required you to act the way you did. You would have been one of the factors leading to the event independent of whether your actions had been inadvertently caused or intentionally.

Cause has nothing per se to do with guilt. The guilt is defined by local law and bound by culture. In our culture you are allowed to shave your legs, dress to the T and go anywhere you want even though the probability of this leading to an assault is extremely high and the attacker will be punished, though, you committed a premeditated stupidity. In another culture the attacker would be protected from you premeditated provocation. What don't you understand?

I think possibly you are committing a fundamental attribution error. I realize that this topic is highly controversial, but that does not mean that cause and culpability are the same thing. They are not and it is a bad mistake as an individual or as a society to forget that.

Sure you can put on a bikini top and tiny skirt to walk the back streets of Tehran for the thrill. When you are assaulted you can rightly point out that it was inhuman to rape you and throw acid in your face. You can demand the culprit hang. If you did the same in many US areas or parts of European city, similar outcomes could easily be expected. The assaults are criminal there. the culprits would be punished, if they were caught and the forensic evidence is strong enough. But there is also no doubt who caused the incident by neglecting the fact, that the outcome required you to act the way you did. You would have been one of the factors leading to the event independent of whether your actions had been inadvertently caused or intentionally.

Cause has nothing per se to do with guilt. The guilt is defined by local law and bound by culture. In our culture you are allowed to shave your legs, dress to the T and go anywhere you want even though the probability of this leading to an assault is extremely high and the attacker will be punished, though, you committed a premeditated stupidity. In another culture the attacker would be protected from you premeditated provocation. What don't you understand?

A person existing is not a cause for this.

I most certainly would have stopped it by stepping in between the two.

Why didn't the TG person defend her/himself? Some people are totally passive.

NYC is no different than many other cities when it come to violence.

What do you think makes other people so afraid to step in while you're so courageous? And NYC is widely known as being a very aggressive city, whether there's physical violence or not, you have to be able to stand up for yourself. It's not Des Moines, which is nowhere near as aggressive as NYC.

Back
Top Bottom