• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Disturbing animation satirizes Tucker Carlson's effect on America

Nomad4Ever

Dark Brandon Acolyte
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
All the lines from Tucker Carlson in this video are real, by the way.

For those who don't watch, this video satirized an 'average America family' getting their news from Tucker Carlson. In the video the family starts off as a humorously generic suburbian family with relatively centrist political views. Over the course of the video Tucker Carlson uses increasingly fear inducing rhetoric, physically transforming the family into monsters warped by their own rage.

I personally think this video is a rather accurate visceral visual to the effect that Tucker Carlson's show(and far right news in general) manufactures a narrative of fear for their base. They didn't even have to make up anything for Tucker Carlson to say. Direct quotes from him are enough to sound like over the top comedy.

Last edited:

For those who don't watch, this video satirized an 'average America family' getting their news from Tucker Carlson. In the video the family starts off as a humorously generic suburbian family with relatively centrist political views. Over the course of the video Tucker Carlson uses increasingly fear inducing rhetoric, physically transforming the family into monsters warped by their own rage.

I personally think this video is a rather accurate visceral visual to the effect that Tucker Carlson's show(and far right news in general) manufactures a narrative of fear for their base. They didn't even have to make up anything for Tucker Carlson to say. Direct quotes from him are enough to sound like over the top comedy.

You young people watch some strange shit. I liked the six arms sprouting out of the guy's back though.

The video is stupid. Tucker Carlson uses satire and dry sarcasm to make salient points.

What the left are angry about is that he gets his point across. It's news entertainment, and it's spot on.

Greg Gutfeld uses a different type of comedy and does the same thing; he's hilarious.

You young people watch some strange shit. I liked the six arms sprouting out of the guy's back though.
Haha, Millennial political humor is a little weird. I think the style has its merits though :)

Haha, Millennial political humor is a little weird. I think the style has its merits though :)

Yeah, I think many of us get our sense of humor from Adult Swim cartoons or something.

Zoomer online humor though is just bizarre and nonsensical. But that's just this humble millennial's opinion, haha.

The video is stupid. Tucker Carlson uses satire and dry sarcasm to make salient points.

What the left are angry about is that he gets his point across. It's news entertainment, and it's spot on.

Greg Gutfeld uses a different type of comedy and does the same thing; he's hilarious.

They're mad that Fox News programming is rocking the ratings.
Of course, they are some of Fox's largest audience.

If some don't like what's said by Tucker and camp, stop watching?
Nah, too easy. :giggle:

---THIS IS YOUR BRAIN
🧠

THIS...is your brain on Tucker Carlson.
Any questions?

You guys used to get your panties in a bunch over John Stewart regularly handing conservatives thier asses. The argument was that it was silly for people to get thier news from a comedian.

The sad part is that at least Stewart had the decency to own that he was a comedian telling a story. Carlson, as you pointed out, is at best news entertainment, though he tends to be short on the news aspect of things.

Gutfield, by the way, is chuckleworthy at best. Hilarious is going a bit overboard.

Interesting piece of fan fiction. I don't particularly find it compelling much more than a dyed hair screaming on the side of the street though.

You guys used to get your panties in a bunch over John Stewart regularly handing conservatives thier asses. The argument was that it was silly for people to get thier news from a comedian.

I like Stewart; he's hilarious. Nobody gets their news from a comedian, but what people like Stewart, Colbert, Maher, Tucker and Gutfeld offer is entertaining commentary.

Tucker is a dry wit, but his opinionated form of comedic news entertainment is usually on the mark.

The sad part is that at least Stewart had the decency to own that he was a comedian telling a story. Carlson, as you pointed out, is at best news entertainment, though he tends to be short on the news aspect of things.

I think you're underestimating viewers.
Gutfield, by the way, is chuckleworthy at best. Hilarious is going a bit overboard.

GG is hilarious.

I think Carlson is just an actor who is acting. He's found fame and fortune doing this schtick.

Yeah, it's entertaining. He also happens to often be right.

Gutfeld is more proof conservatives can't do comedy. They also can't do art, music, or writing, either. Whatever part of the brain that let's you be creative and introspective, the vast majority of conservatives seriously lack it.

I was looking forward to a good night's sleep . . . until I saw that video. ( :) )

Seriously, if those lines were really said by Tucker, then he's one weird dude. But to be fair, some of them might have been taken out of context, as Schism suggested in post #7.

It still give me the creeps, though.

Gutfeld is more proof conservatives can't do comedy. They also can't do art, music, or writing, either. Whatever part of the brain that let's you be creative and introspective, the vast majority of conservatives seriously lack it.

I'll push back some here. I know some good politically conservative comedians. Ron White. Dennis Miller. Frank Caliendo.

I agree with everything else--especially the "vast majority" qualification you put in. The problem that the vast minority have who can do some good writing and have conservative ideas is this...I haven't listened to more than 5 minutes of this Gutfeld character...why? Because I don't watch FOX news or conservative media. If he wants to make his viewers laugh (assuming he is above them) he has to dumb down the comedy so they understand what he's saying.

I think the big problem most have is that the nature of conservatives is to be rejectionary. Renewable energy? They're against it. Electric cars? Against. Expanding immigration when we have thousands of jobs unfilled? Nope.

I'll push back some here. I know some good politically conservative comedians. Ron White.

Ron actually is funny. His biggest mistake was hitching his wagon to the rest of those worthless Redneck Tailgate morons.

Dennis Miller.

Funny, but doesnt have a sense of time or place, which makes him tolerable in small moments at best. For a sense of what Im talking about, go watch some of the clips of him on Monday Night Football. It was almost unwatchable.

Frank Caliendo.

Talented, not funny. Being able to sound like someone else doesnt inherently make you even as funny as the person you are imitating. Caliendo as Caliendo is actually pretty boring.

I agree with everything else--especially the "vast majority" qualification you put in. The problem that the vast minority have who can do some good writing and have conservative ideas is this...I haven't listened to more than 5 minutes of this Gutfeld character...why? Because I don't watch FOX news or conservative media. If he wants to make his viewers laugh (assuming he is above them) he has to dumb down the comedy so they understand what he's saying.

This goes back to my comments on Ron White to some degree. Hes far smarter than he lets on most of the time because the audience he is working with would run him out on a rail for being too damned book learned. Happens with most conservative comics. Miller actually went the complete polar opposite with it....hes extremely smart, and doesnt hide it, and when you dont get the joke, he tells you youre too stupid and need to go look it up....and for some reason, people eat THAT shit up too. Its like there is no middle ground on the matter.

I think the big problem most have is that the nature of conservatives is to be rejectionary. Renewable energy? They're against it. Electric cars? Against. Expanding immigration when we have thousands of jobs unfilled? Nope.

All legitimate points.

Russia has never had a better avenue into FoxNews viewership than what Tucker Carlson provides for them.

Spot on???? Spot on what? What you want to hear from Tucker. Thats what. Bunch-o-Putin parrots ....Tucker fans and Tucker himself for that matter.

Tucker doenst make salient points he is a moron and no reasonable person would ever take him seriously

I was looking forward to a good night's sleep . . . until I saw that video. ( :) )
:)

The animation really does a great job at being unsettling.

Seriously, if those lines were really said by Tucker, then he's one weird dude. But to be fair, some of them might have been taken out of context, as Schism suggested in post #7.
All just direct clips from his show. I watch Tucker pretty often and I've seen the entire show most of those clips are from. The context makes them worse, not better. Especially the M&M segment.

Back
Top Bottom