• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Disturbing and reckless': Retired brass spread election lie in attack on Biden

'Disturbing and reckless': Retired brass spread election lie in attack on Biden (Politico). "The open letter from 124 retired officers alarmed current and former military members concerned about the politicization of the military."

They are "retired" and have every right, and even a duty, to voice their concerns.

In a weak defense of the letter, it is an escalation of letters produced by other defense officials criticizing Trump's behavior and the January 6 insurrection (yes, it was an insurrection, by definition). And, it demonstrates that there are differences in the views of former military members. What I find disturbing is their deliberate use of their ranks in its publication, a violation of the UCMJ (as well as its bizarre content). This is, in my view, an exercise in Trumpism - blatant abuse of office for political gain. I welcome other views.
You say you 'welcome other views" but it's quite clear you don't.

The Big Lie is quite dangerous and too many mental midgets have bought into it already. Repeating the Big Lie only perpetuates it, and clearly the Cult is not done using it yet.
Claiming there is a 'Big Lie' does not require much of an IQ either.

'Disturbing and reckless': Retired brass spread election lie in attack on Biden (Politico). "The open letter from 124 retired officers alarmed current and former military members concerned about the politicization of the military."

They are "retired" and have every right, and even a duty, to voice their concerns.

You say you 'welcome other views" but it's quite clear you don't.
At least one "signatory" is rather obviously fake. How many more either don't exist, are dead, or don't hold the view attributed to them? Their average age is over 80.

For example:

Trump: “the entire Database of Maricopa County in Arizona has been DELETED! This is illegal and the Arizona State Senate, who is leading the Forensic Audit, is up in arms.”

Republican county election official: "Wow. This is unhinged. I’m literally looking at our voter registration database on my other screen. Right now. We can’t indulge these insane lies any longer. As a party. As a state. As a country. This is as readily falsifiable as 2+2=5. If we don’t call this out..."

Last edited:
If you still support Trump, you are clinically insane.

And he can go die in a fire at this point for all I care.

In a weak defense of the letter, it is an escalation of letters produced by other defense officials criticizing Trump's behavior and the January 6 insurrection (yes, it was an insurrection, by definition). And, it demonstrates that there are differences in the views of former military members. What I find disturbing is their deliberate use of their ranks in its publication, a violation of the UCMJ (as well as its bizarre content). This is, in my view, an exercise in Trumpism - blatant abuse of office for political gain. I welcome other views.

Total hypocrisy on a non-issue. Politicians have been citing their retired military officers endorsements and retired military officers have issued political "open letters" - individual or collective - and appear on national television with political opinions all the time. Always have.

The lie is that Biden won a fair election.
Foolish are those that believe he did.
Reckless are those who condone this attack on our country because it was their side who got away with it.

I had no idea so many Democrats didn't like him.

Taylor, they first introduced this bill under Obama, again under Trump, now they're trying it again. The real concern they say, was a President like Trump.

It’s clearer than ever that we cannot continue to give one person the ability to launch a massive, potentially civilization-ending nuclear first strike without authorization from Congress. Senator Markey and I first introduced this legislation when the President was Barack Obama. I look forward to continuing my work with Senator Markey on pushing this legislation to prevent the President – regardless of political party – from launching a nuclear first-strike.”

https://www.markey.senate.gov/news/...-us-presidents-ability-to-start-a-nuclear-war

The lie is that Biden won a fair election.
Foolish are those that believe he did.
Reckless are those who condone this attack on our country because it was their side who got away with it.
And where is your proof?

You have nothing but the insane Trump utterances.

You are living in a bad place, you believe bullshit.

Trump lied, he lied before the election and after. If you are not of a sound mind to understand that, then you can't see reality. Your problem.

And where is your proof?

You have nothing but the insane Trump utterances.

You are living in a bad place, you believe bullshit.
So are you to be counted amongst the foolish or the reckless?

For example:

Trump: “the entire Database of Maricopa County in Arizona has been DELETED! This is illegal and the Arizona State Senate, who is leading the Forensic Audit, is up in arms.”

Republican county election official: "Wow. This is unhinged. I’m literally looking at our voter registration database on my other screen. Right now. We can’t indulge these insane lies any longer. As a party. As a state. As a country. This is as readily falsifiable as 2+2=5. If we don’t call this out..."

Data has been deleted.

Last edited:
I suppose I should have clarified: "I welcome other rational views." Ironically, I've represented the clinically insane, so I recognize the symptoms. I cannot specify the individuals who here qualify for that condition, but they, and we, recognize them for who they are.

Trump lied, he lied before the election and after. If you are not of a sound mind to understand that, then you can't see reality. Your problem.
Sure, if you say so, but what is "The Big Lie"?

I suppose I should have clarified: "I welcome other rational views." Ironically, I've represented the clinically insane, so I recognize the symptoms. I cannot specify the individuals who here qualify for that condition, but they, and we, recognize them for who they are.
So, in your professional opinion these 124 retired Admirals and Generals are all just 'irrational' or are they also criminally insane?

Ric Grenell and Ratcliffe both implied it in interviews and its why the daily briefing was shut down, it was being leaked for political advantage and they both said so. But I suppose I am supposed to take your uninformed, contribute jack shit opinion over theirs, no thanks.

Oooh Trump admin guys who can’t control leaks intimate it wasn’t them.

Sounds like a solid case.

Data has been deleted.

Post election testing and similar information involved in the past audits, not critical or necessary data, from all accounts. There is no evidence it had anything to do with the actual votes or counting or that it was required to be kept.

So, in your professional opinion these 124 retired Admirals and Generals are all just 'irrational' or are they also criminally insane?
They are normal older military members who are set in their pro-conservative/anti-Democrat ways. Many military members could easily recognize that there are plenty in the military who lean politically right no matter what. They will follow those on the right and fight against those on the left without any real sense.

How come their views should be held in higher regard than anyone else's? Because they were military members, most retiring before I even joined the military myself?

Data has been deleted.

Not "the entire database of Maricopa County in Arizona" though. And can you show evidence that the data that was deleted was something that couldn't be deleted?

Of the 27 database files listed in the image, seven had names indicating that they may be related to the 2020 General Election.

Macias reviewed the image and ascertained, based on the names and the dates, that the seven remaining deleted database files were from a post machine test that is required by statute after each election called a “logic and accuracy test,” as well as the two audits already conducted at the county by ProV&V and SLI.

I dunno why “Republicans accuse” is more definitive in your mind than “OpportunityCost accuses.”

Schiff didn’t leak anything, and there is no proof otherwise. All the leaks in TRump’s admin came from his own people. It’s virtually an open secret that KellyAnne was a big time talker “on background.’

No one respected TRump, least of all those who worked for him.
Correct

They fear Trump, that's not respect

Most are aware Trump is a lying POS

At least one "signatory" is rather obviously fake. How many more either don't exist, are dead, or don't hold the view attributed to them? Their average age is over 80.
How many are retired from the KKK?

Correct

They fear Trump, that's not respect

Most are aware Trump is a lying POS

They didn’t sound like they feared him all that much. Just wanted to keep their jobs. He’s a fat goofball.

Back
Top Bottom