• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

District Court Judge Bitch-Slaps King Biden For Overstepping Powers

I seem to recall a time in the not-too-distant past when conservatives were cheering Trump circumventing Congress' power of the purse to get money for the Wall.
Yes, their hypocrisy is too obvious.

Yes, their hypocrisy is too obvious.

"

Cost of Illegal Immigration by State 2022​

Cost of illegal immigration 2022 updates reveal that a 1.13-million spike in unauthorized U.S. entries occurred between 2020-2022. Some months during this period may have seen a decline, but the highest so far since 2019 may be in January and February 2022.

The Southwestern States Affected​

The cost of illegal immigration in California totals $21.76 billion. This adds up to approximately 8% of the estimated $250 billion United States illegal immigrant cost reported circa 2018.

Texas, California and Arizona, all share a border with Mexico and have the top 10 immigration costs. New Mexicoalso borders Mexico but ranks 23 of all states for the highest immigration costs.

Facts: prove them wrong. You seem to agree with the open border policy of Biden's puppet masters.
$200 million is a drop in the bucket of $250 BILLION

I seem to recall a time in the not-too-distant past when conservatives were cheering Trump circumventing Congress' power of the purse to get money for the Wall.
Trump was suggesting a reallocation of spending that had already been authorized by congress. He was not trying to create new spending that had not been approved by congress.

"

Cost of Illegal Immigration by State 2022​

Cost of illegal immigration 2022 updates reveal that a 1.13-million spike in unauthorized U.S. entries occurred between 2020-2022. Some months during this period may have seen a decline, but the highest so far since 2019 may be in January and February 2022.

The Southwestern States Affected​

The cost of illegal immigration in California totals $21.76 billion. This adds up to approximately 8% of the estimated $250 billion United States illegal immigrant cost reported circa 2018.

Texas, California and Arizona, all share a border with Mexico and have the top 10 immigration costs. New Mexicoalso borders Mexico but ranks 23 of all states for the highest immigration costs.

Facts: prove them wrong. You seem to agree with the open border policy of Biden's puppet masters.
$200 million is a drop in the bucket of $250 BILLION
The highest since 2019. I can't remember who was president in 2019. Can you tell me?
You don't cite where your cost figures come from. So, I don't have to disprove anything.

The highest since 2019. I can't remember who was president in 2019. Can you tell me?
You don't cite where your cost figures come from. So, I don't have to disprove anything.
we had an outgoing POTUS that year. d'oh
who was elected in 2020?
link was provided for the quote

Trump was suggesting a reallocation of spending that had already been authorized by congress. He was not trying to create new spending that had not been approved by congress.

He was suggesting redirecting money away from its intended purpose, as decided by congress. Congress decides those things, not the President. So, in practice Trump did the same thing.

He was suggesting redirecting money away from its intended purpose, as decided by congress. Congress decides those things, not the President. So, in practice Trump did the same thing.
No, he did not do the same thing. There is a substantive difference between reallocating funds already approved by congress and creating new spending that has not been authorized by congress. The difference is similar to a corporation that decides to reallocate funding for the employee cafeteria to an production plant upgrade as opposed to that same corporation choosing to cut everyone's pay by 5% so that they can contribute to the "Save Our Students" charity at the local college.

No, he did not do the same thing. There is a substantive difference between reallocating funds already approved by congress and creating new spending that has not been authorized by congress. The difference is similar to a corporation that decides to reallocate funding for the employee cafeteria to an production plant upgrade as opposed to that same corporation choosing to cut everyone's pay by 5% so that they can contribute to the "Save Our Students" charity at the local college.

The government doesn’t function like a business. Its purpose is not to make a profit. So, your analogy misses its mark.

The crux of the issue is Congress decides the priorities that get money spent. Not the President. So, effectively Trump did the same thing.

If a President could just redirect money to whatever they wanted, then great, Biden could just defund whatever he wanted and redirect the money to students.

Effectively it’s the same thing. Stop trying to cover for Trump.

The government doesn’t function like a business. Its purpose is not to make a profit. So, your analogy misses its mark.

The crux of the issue is Congress decides the priorities that get money spent. Not the President. So, effectively Trump did the same thing.

If a President could just redirect money to whatever they wanted, then great, Biden could just defund whatever he wanted and redirect the money to students.

Effectively it’s the same thing. Stop trying to cover for Trump.
I'm not talking about running a business but the effect I described is the same. In one case the employees (people) are not expected to have to fork out any more money and in the other case they are expected to do so...without the benefit of representation.

Is that anything like calling for suspending the Constitution and being put back into power?

Back
Top Bottom