• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Distinguished Flying Cross

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump awarded seven DFC this afternoon in California for actions on 5SEP20. Today is 14SEP20, isn’t this awfully fast track for this award?

Trump awarded seven DFC this afternoon in California for actions on 5SEP20. Today is 14SEP20, isn’t this awfully fast track for this award?

Those seven guys appreciate your gratitute and congratulations on a successful mission to extract over 200 civilians from a fire-enclosed campground.

National Guard
@USNationalGuard

"The conditions were pretty extreme. There were points along the route where ... we were just about ready to say that's enough." @CalGuard
helicopter crews that evacuated 200+ people from a forest fire this weekend share more about the daring rescues.

9:30 AM · Sep 8, 2020·Hootsuite Inc.

chinook-res_hpMain_20200907-230911_16x9_992.jpg

National Guard
@USNationalGuard

Watch as evacuees from the Creek fire exit from a @calguard
CH-47 Chinook helicopter after landing safely on Sept. 6. Today, more than 1,000 National Guard members are supporting wildfire response efforts in California.
0:09

13.1K views
California Guard rescues over 200 evacuees from the Creek fire
The California Military Department evacuated over 200 people along the Mammoth Pool Reservoir when the Creek fire exploded in size on Sept. 6, 2020. (Video by Master Sgt. Charles Vaughn)
12:30 PM · Sep 8, 2020·Twitter Media Studio

https://twitter.com/USNationalGuard/status/1303385109450559488

<irrelevant gibberish snipped>

Awarding the fourth highest decoration the week after the action in unprecedented; nowhere was the courage of the aircrew brought into question. Transparent political stunt.
Everything Trump touches either dies or is cheapened.

Awarding the fourth highest decoration the week after the action in unprecedented; nowhere was the courage of the aircrew brought into question. Transparent political stunt.

Yeah, I know ... you just hate it when our president fast-tracks ... anything ... :roll:

Yeah, I know ... you just hate it when our president fast-tracks ... anything ... :roll:

You should wait until you get some talking points or campaign propaganda to back up your position...........you aren’t a vet, are you?

It would be a political stunt if they didn’t deserve the medals.

I wonder if the 200 people that are still alive think that it was cheapened?

How long is it supposed to take?

I'll admit the DFC was extremely fast tracked....

I haven't seen it done this quick.

Weeks to months to years... There really is no "normal".

It depends on the event, witnesses, the chain of command, etc.

and now, political necessity

Kinda day glow obvious at this point.

Friends of mine got Air Medals for a rescue in the Sierra Nevadas. Took months IIRC.

One other note, I have rarely seen the same decoration awarded to the entire crew/squad for the same action.

Whether it involved President Trump doing it or not, I like the idea of such decorations and awards being presented as close to the actual events as possible.

Back
Top Bottom