• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Disprove the existence of the mother goddess

Dogger807

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
You know it's always interesting for christians to say that god must exist because you can not disprove his existence . Well let's see if they are willing to have the shoe on the other foot. An older religion talks of the mother goddess. In fact this concept was wide spread and similar beliefs are found around the globe even though travel was severely limited at the time. It seems to me that this religion is closer to the truth simply because of the replicatable ideas crossing cultures. Something that can not be said about the younger religion of christianity whose spread can be traced by the wars and migrations of it's followers.

but.......the babble, err, bible tells us!!!! so it must be true!!!!!!1!!!1 :roll:

seriously though, people don't try to debunk the Mother Goddess 'cuz they don't want to get ensorcelled by pagans :mrgreen:

dogger807 said:
You know it's always interesting for christians to say that god must exist because you can not disprove his existence . Well let's see if they are willing to have the shoe on the other foot. An older religion talks of the mother goddess. In fact this concept was wide spread and similar beliefs are found around the globe even though travel was severely limited at the time. It seems to me that this religion is closer to the truth simply because of the replicatable ideas crossing cultures. Something that can not be said about the younger religion of christianity whose spread can be traced by the wars and migrations of it's followers.

You mien Giea?

I understand your pain. When Christians tell people to prove a universal or metaphysical negative, they are just being idiots. It's a logically fallacious argument to base your argument on "You cannot prove it doesn't exist."

It's called proving a negative. Rarely do they get it, though.

Not one reply for a theist???? I'm so surprised. :tongue4:

dogger807 said:

An unexplained religion is not a religion, it is a superstition.

I don't say that God must exist because you can't disprove His existance. Why would millions of people, both now and 2000 years ago, risk everything for a false belief? If you want, I can relate the stories of martyrs. If you have a few weeks...

Two millenia ago, people would endure being burned alive, ripped apart by wild animals, and crucifixion in the name of God and Jesus. At Columbine, one of the gunmen asked a girl if she believed in God (at gunpoint). She said yes. She was killed for standing up to her beliefs, just as people have been doing for 2000 years.

An unexplained religion is not a religion, it is a superstition.

An unexplained religion is best noted as supersitition, but an explained one is cateloged under fiction.

Nez Dragon said:
Two millenia ago, people would endure being burned alive, ripped apart by wild animals, and crucifixion in the name of God and Jesus. At Columbine, one of the gunmen asked a girl if she believed in God (at gunpoint). She said yes. She was killed for standing up to her beliefs, just as people have been doing for 2000 years.
they same thing had happened to those who believed in the mother goddess. They were burned, hanged, pulled apart, crushed to death, anything and it happened to them. This happened way before what happened to the christians.

Well, if we were created in Their image, it seems to me that God has a wife, with whom he procreated our pre-existent spirits, with Jesus being the first born. Is that a mother Goddess?

dogger807 said:
I am Christian and I am one who does not feel the need to prove to others of Gods existence, I also do not feel the need to disprove the existence of Gaia.

Gaia is considered to be mother earth and God is the God that created mother earth. God can destroy mother earth. (Paper covers rock)

Whether you chose to believe or not, it is you choice.

I will ask you this though, can you prove to God that you exist? Or will you be one that He will say I never knew you? The choice is really only yours.

I do not require the answer, it is only a question I ask for yourself to concider

By bob, I think ThePhoenix has it! The question isn't whether or not you can disprove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (but everyone who is anyone knows he does), the question that really needs answering is whether or not you can prove to the almighty FSM that you exist!

What's that you say? Your beliefs are different than mine? *pftt* We all know your beliefs don't matter, 'cuz your god is only infinite, while mine is infinite+1! so nyah! *blows raspberry*

p.s.
by the way, isn't bob supposed to be omniscient? Whether or not an unbeliever exists is aside from the point, your proported delusions say that your deity should know the status of their existence without having to engage them in debate over it.
Christians really should muster their superstitions before crapping out any more platitudes.

Back
Top Bottom