• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Disney Song From The Little Mermaid Pulled By Princeton, Citing #MeToo

You know what happens when a guy pecks a woman on the cheek, right? Her clothes fly right off:roll:

The far left has ruined our right to disagree, and right to change the channel without being schooled by our "superiors."

Our prerogative to like or dislike without having our right to hear and decide for ourselves what we should be listening to...

Makes me weep.

Last edited:
The politically correct left just get more and more obnoxious every day.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...tle-mermaid-misogny-complaints-154743722.html

Really? Who exactly in the "politically correct left" is behind banning the song? Was there a demonstration against it lead by George Soros or did sensitive student get their nose bent out of shape?

You're trying to paint the entire left with the actions of one person. Not surprisingly your post is a failure.

The far left has ruined our right to disagree, and change the channel. Our prerogative to like or dislike without having our right to hear and decide for ourselves what we should be listening to...

Makes me weep.

We are weaker, dumber and far less tolerant as a result. It just plain sucks.

Funny to see all the conservative white people upset.....LOL

Come on now, we're talking about a Disney movie here, labeled by the left as offensive to the #MeToo movement. The next thing you know Disney princess movies will be banned entirely because a lot of times a princess kisses a frog or a beast or a dead person in order to bring that prince back.

Seems a lot of people have problems with "Kiss the Girl".

No one should be shocked when a song from a movie 30 years, a generation, ago has inappropriate elements. It being a kids' cartoon does not excuse it from the passage of time. "But it's a kids' show!" Who cares, it's 30 years ago, of course there's some ****ed up ****.

Disney is a magical world, don't get me wrong. But social advancement in the real world counts too. We can't actually live in Disney World. We do need to accept change.

Last edited:
We are weaker, dumber and far less tolerant as a result. It just plain sucks.

The illiberal left, the gift that keeps on giving. The Democrats need to kick 'em to the curb. :rwbdonkey

Trump has actually brought the cream of the crop to the top to line up for their straight jackets.

Love him or hate him, he does seem to have a talent for calling a ... um, do I dare say, a 'spade, a spade'?

:mrgreen:

Really? Who exactly in the "politically correct left" is behind banning the song? Was there a demonstration against it lead by George Soros or did sensitive student get their nose bent out of shape?

You're trying to paint the entire left with the actions of one person. Not surprisingly your post is a failure.
Well you are certainly not objecting to the absurd removal of the song now are you?

Love him or hate him, he does seem to have a talent for calling a ... um, do I dare say, a 'spade, a spade'?

Get it out of your system now, it shall not be long before the societal language police begin to impose massive penalties for such talk.

Minds must be properly molded you know...

UTOPIA DEMANDS

I don't know what world people live in that they think entertainment from a generation ago is all fine. That any work survives so long and maintains appeal is testament to its greatness. But they all have cracks. That's reality, things change. If a group finds a piece of art's cracks unacceptable, that's their right.

One woman , Noa Wollstein, complained to the acapella group and suddenly one rabid far right conservative claims that the entire politically correct left is responsible for it. Read the article from Noa. She's either being sarcastic or she has way too much time on her hands.

Banning this song is silly. Noa should be more concerned about the Prodigy's 'Smack your bit*** up".

Dear Tigertones, please stop singing ?Kiss The Girl? | The Princetonian

It is refreshing to have a leader who is politically incorrect. Love it when he says stuff that we are all thinking.

So when I say trump is a effing effing eff eff, you trumpsters should appreciate that I am saying what everyone is thinking and calling a spade a spade.

One woman , Noa Wollstein, complained to the acapella group and suddenly one rabid far right conservative claims that the entire politically correct left is responsible for it. Read the article from Noa. She's either being sarcastic or she has way too much time on her hands.

Banning this song is silly. Noa should be more concerned about the Prodigy's 'Smack your bit*** up".

They publicly apologized, largely for the performance aspects of the bit, and no longer do it. Two audience members were invited onstage and pressured into kissing as part of the routine.

On Friday, the president of the Tigertones, Wesley Brown, announced the group would scrap the song from its set list — and apologized for making students feel “uncomfortable.”

“Our group is always striving to impart joy and positivity through our music, and we take very seriously any indication that we fall short of this goal,” Brown wrote in the Princetonian “Our repertoire, traditions, and group as a whole are constantly evolving, and thus we value this opportunity to ensure a more comfortable performance environment moving forward.”

But Tony Huerta, president of the Contemporary A Cappella Society, said ending tradition wasn’t necessary.

He suggested planting two consenting volunteers in the audience to make the kiss part of the performance.
https://nypost.com/2018/12/04/princeton-a-capella-group-scraps-kiss-the-girl-after-consent-debate/

Last edited:

Policing speech in the effort to control minds is far more malevolent than "Silly" represents.

You need a new word.

Seems a lot of people have problems with "Kiss the Girl".

No one should be shocked when a song from a movie 30 years, a generation, ago has inappropriate elements. It being a kids' cartoon does not excuse it from the passage of time. "But it's a kids' show!" Who cares, it's 30 years ago, of course there's some ****ed up ****.

Disney is a magical world, don't get me wrong. But social advancement in the real world counts too. We can't actually live in Disney World. We do need to accept change.

Oh bullcrap. Sorry but I have to agree, that the PC police are now out of control and way off into left field.
Let's all become Amish, that should solve all our problems.

Seriously, a cartoon where a character tells the YOUNG ADULT man to kiss a girl is not a recipe for sexual assault.
It just isn't.
And this is a rapidly mushrooming extreme left moral panic, and it makes me want to puke.

Oh bullcrap. Sorry but I have to agree, that the PC police are now out of control and way off into left field.
Let's all become Amish, that should solve all our problems.

Seriously, a cartoon where a character tells the YOUNG ADULT man to kiss a girl is not a recipe for sexual assault.
It just isn't.
And this is a rapidly mushrooming extreme left moral panic, and it makes me want to puke.

It encourages him to ignore consent.

It encourages him to ignore consent.

The law informs you on your proper behavior, which was enough before we entered this New Dark Age where we are back yet again to the barbarity of using force in the attempt to mold brains, in this case by imposing speech restrictions least someone yakking "BAD IDEAS" infects others.

WE USED TO BE BETTER

Back
Top Bottom