• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Disney Song From The Little Mermaid Pulled By Princeton, Citing #MeToo

It encourages him to ignore consent.

No it doesn’t.

I guarantee you the only person that asks for consent before kissing a woman with whom they are emotionally intimate is someone who’s never actually kissed someone.

No it doesn’t.

I guarantee you the only person that asks for consent before kissing a woman with whom they are emotionally intimate is someone who’s never actually kissed someone.

Being "emotionally intimate" = consent?

No it doesn’t.

OMG, and you are from near Seattle....Young men have been well trained, go watch some of them.....THey let women decide just about everything, and would not think of doing anything without permission. Anyone who steps up for himself with women is now a "creeper", and is due at least shunning if not outright abuse.

Violating these rules gets men pushed off of the Gravy Train.....very very few are up to it.

Last edited:
this is just stupid.

both the action and the overreaction trying to make this political.

Being "emotionally intimate" = consent?

If you’re in a relationship consent is normally communicated, just not in the form of legally approved questions

Ariel doesn’t want a cucked beta, she wanted the Prince. She became a human literally so she could shack up with him. Consent is not an issue.

OMG, and you are from near Seattle....Young men have been well trained, go watch some of them.....THey let women decide just about everything, and would not think of doing anything without permission. Anyone who steps up for himself with women is now a "creeper", and is due at least shunning if not outright abuse.

Violating these rules gets men pushed off of the Gravy Train.....very very few are up to it.

I made the mistake of dating a feminist once, will never do it again, ever. Men need to stop boinging feminists. Just don’t do it. And prenup, always prenup. What’s yours and yours and what’s hers is yours, don’t set yourself up for failure

If you’re in a relationship consent is normally communicated, just not in the form of legally approved questions

So once one is "emotionally intimate" with someone, it's a go?

Frightening.

I made the mistake of dating a feminist once, will never do it again, ever. Men need to stop boinging feminists. Just don’t do it. And prenup, always prenup. What’s yours and yours and what’s hers is yours, don’t set yourself up for failure

Nobody knows what your definition of a feminist is.

Ya ya I agree.....but tell me this....Do you spend much time in Seattle....... do you see how these young men up there behave...what cucks they are? I have two daughters up there and my wife drives up there from Oly most days to work at The Mother Ship (Starbucks), plus there is nowhere worth eating or doing in Oly and not really all that much in Tacoma either....I spend some time there...and I watch.

I made the mistake of dating a feminist once, will never do it again, ever. Men need to stop boinging feminists. Just don’t do it.

I'm a feminist. See signature.

Stupid does not cut it either, this is way worse than that.

I am in a good mood having just eaten my wife terrific home cooked dinner and enjoying a cold war as a libation.

The politically correct left just get more and more obnoxious every day.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...tle-mermaid-misogny-complaints-154743722.html

trixare4kids said:
The illiberal left, the gift that keeps on giving. The Democrats need to kick 'em to the curb.
What does this have to do with left/democrats?

Why don't you kick them to the curb Trix? What's that? Can't hear you because your post is screaming absurdity.

Most people, I'd wager, don't like the bullying of SJWs gone astray. Deal with it.
all this snowflake "Wahhaaa, cryyyy...I'm a victim of college kids saying stuff!!" is pathetic.

They often use stupid tactics, to get attention, for sometimes good causes. Maybe we do need to retire a lot of old sexist songs, nothing wrong with that. Bullying to do it,is not ideal, but don't cry about it being Democrats politically. republican have all 3 branches of government, why can't they legislate this away if it's political? Ummm...golly gee I don't know, I was busy bullying illiberla leftists hur hur.

Most people, I'd wager, don't like the bullying of SJWs gone astray. Deal with it.
all this snowflake "Wahhaaa, cryyyy...I'm a victim of college kids saying stuff!!" is pathetic.

So true :lol: And yet they never seem to understand the irony.

Sounds like some people complaining could really use a kiss.

They often use stupid tactics, to get attention, for sometimes good causes. Maybe we do need to retire a lot of old sexist songs, nothing wrong with that. Bullying to do it,is not ideal, but don't cry about it being Democrats politically. republican have all 3 branches of government, why can't they legislate this away if it's political? Ummm...golly gee I don't know, I was busy bullying illiberla leftists hur hur.

This kicked off because two random audience members were bullied into kissing each other in celebration of an anti consent song as a regular part of a routine. Perhaps if people's wives were bullied into kissing a stranger on stage, they'd get the objection and resulting apology.

Who thinks it's cool to select random audience members and bully them on stage into kissing? No one. The student was correct and it stopped.

One must be ignorant of the situation to demonize the student. Or agendized.

Come on now, we're talking about a Disney movie here, labeled by the left as offensive to the #MeToo movement. The next thing you know Disney princess movies will be banned entirely because a lot of times a princess kisses a frog or a beast or a dead person in order to bring that prince back.

I understand your position as that is my gut reaction as well. But over time as societal norms change our pop culture changes right along with it. For example, you aren’t going to see Tom and Jerry episodes like this one playing on TV anymore.

The right has been weak, dumb, and intolerant, long before this singing group made their decision

Thank you for making my point.

Back
Top Bottom