• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Disney attacks the people of flori-duh so says DeSantis.

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
After fifty years in Orlando, DeSantis decides Disney is a bad guy attacking his citizens.

So who has enough screws loose to understand what this even means? Help me to understand.

After fifty years in Orlando, DeSantis decides Disney is a bad guy attacking his citizens.

So who has enough screws loose to understand what this even means? Help me to understand.
He has his sights on being the Leader of the Free World so that he can screw Disney, the Libs here and abroad.

I thought you people were all about big corporations paying their fair share?

You should be celebrating DeSantis as a hero of the people for making Disney pay taxes just like every other company does.

Or does being woke make Disney exempt from your rhetoric?

You should be celebrating DeSantis as a hero of the people for making Disney pay taxes just like every other company does.

"The ends justify the means" is a sure road to tyranny.

Who in their right mind wouldn't celebrate the loss of over seven hundred million a year in taxes and at the same time having your taxes go up to cover DeSantis' wonderful decision. Since when is the gop in the business of going after business?

In this case, Disney pays their fair share of taxes. If DeSantis keeps teasing the monkey in the gorilla house, that part of Florida is gonna look like piece of shit nowhere meth lab Kentucky..

SUPPOSEDLY:
Disney shrugged at DeSantis' "Don't Say Gay" bill "until the organized woke Left pounded them into submission"...the old "get woke, go broke" trope. Even Bill Maher is hopping on board with this theory.

Except it wasn't some scurrilous organized far Left "woke" shakedown at all.
IT WAS DISNEY EMPLOYEES! It was gay and lesbian Disney workers!
OMG did anyone realize that Disney employs gay people?
SHOCKER!
😆
😆
😆

It amazes me how the Right, so called supporters of the free market and free speech, can't tolerate any speech that makes them uncomfortable.

One for DeSantis.

Disney is biting the hand that feeds them.

How so? Have you read the economic impact on the residents of Orange county of this bill. 2200 to 2800 per family will taxed due to this insanely dumb law.

Orlando built Florida. Disney is Orlando.

How so? Have you read the economic impact on the residents of Orange county of this bill. 2200 to 2800 per family will taxed due to this insanely dumb law.

Orlando built Florida. Disney is Orlando.
Disney did not build Florida. That sort of hyperbole is insanely dumb. Disney did not even build Orlando though that is closer to the truth.

So, you are now in favor of corporate tax breaks. When did that happen?

Disney did not build Florida. That sort of hyperbole is insanely dumb. Disney did not even build Orlando though that is closer to the truth.

Disney paid over seven hundred million in taxes last year. After you get done with your response, check with google to see if I'm lying.

Disney paid over seven hundred million in taxes last year. After you get done with your response, check with google to see if I'm lying.
And that's with the tax breaks. What's your point?

You have to careful with the old "the ends justifies the means" argument that tyrants love so much. Keep in mind that thopis would not be an issue if Disney supported the party in power and DeSantis didht want to muzzle them.

Disney has paid a lot in taxes and services. Are you really arguing Disney didn’t help Florida/Orlando? Disney is know throughput the world as the place you must visit.

Come on

Disney has paid a lot in taxes and services. Are you really arguing Disney didn’t help Florida/Orlando?
No one claimed otherwise. You are arguing that Disney carried the whole state on its back, which is a bit silly.

Disney is know throughput the world as the place you must visit.
It will still be there, but it will no longer be recognized as a town or receive the benefits townships receive.

Indeed. Try to keep up.

No one claimed otherwise. You are arguing that Disney carried the whole state on its back, which is a bit silly.

It will still be there, but it will no longer be recognized as a town or receive the benefits townships receive.

Indeed. Try to keep up.

Which corporate tax breaks are you referring to?

You don't understand, but you need someone with screws loose to help you ?

Not sure I get that.

I don't believe DeSantis has gone rouge. Maybe he volunteered to be the test case for some newfangled fascism that isn't into corporations.

Back
Top Bottom