• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dish Network says Fox blocks 19 channels

Call up 1000 people and ask them "Do you pay for cable or do you illegally watch tv shows online instead? If you did not illegally watch those shows, would you pay for cable?" Let me know how that works out for you.
It's not my responsibility to do your research for you. Either admit you have no research or show it.

Yes. Are you always showing proof of the ideas you currently hold?
If it's asked for, yes.

Watching online does not automatically mean 'illegally'. See Hulu and Fancast for starters.

Illegally was the key word there. And I agree with RightinNYC. It has especially been prevalent for younger viewers who both consumed content during and after the Napster years and have the immediate exposure and know-how.

Last edited:
Call up 1000 people and ask them "Do you pay for cable or do you illegally watch tv shows online instead? If you did not illegally watch those shows, would you pay for cable?" Let me know how that works out for you.

Do you really think someone would admit to something illegal via random phone call? Do not think so

Illegally was the key word there. And I agree with RightinNYC. It has especially been prevalent for younger viewers who both consumed content during and after the Napster years and have the immediate exposure and know-how.

I'm saying that those aren't the only options. It's not either cable or illegally, online. There is legally online, and a great many of us choose that option.

Meh, Cable is better anyway. The only reason to get Satellite TV is for Football (if your an out of market fan) which is only available on Direct TV.

I'm saying that those aren't the only options. It's not either cable or illegally, online. There is legally online, and a great many of us choose that option.

Yes, but those companies have to compete with illegal services or other traditional outlets. Nevertheless, the statement provided by Right was solid.

Yes, but those companies have to compete with illegal services or other traditional outlets. Nevertheless, the statement provided by Right was solid.

Okay - and I disagree. He gave two choices; either people get cable or steal. My third option was not mentioned and is still part of the equation.

He was being somewhat facetious, and I see your point, but nevertheless, I thought his sentiment was a great deal closer to the truth than the legal alternatives audience.

Watching online does not automatically mean 'illegally'. See Hulu and Fancast for starters.

I'm well aware that there are legal online sources that provide revenue for the producers. I didn't bother including those because the discussion was about whether the prevalence of illegal online viewing (the kind that nobody derives revenue from) results in decreased revenue for the people who produce and deliver television programs.

Back
Top Bottom