• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Disgraced Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes has been sentenced to 11.25 years in prison with 3 years of supervised release

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
You love to see it. Finally a rich fraud goes to prison. But of course she can "turn herself in" for her sentence ooohhhh ... sometime near the middle of next year.

• Disgraced Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes has been sentenced to 11.25 years in prison with 3 years of supervised release.
  • Once dubbed the world's youngest self-made female billionaire, Holmes was found guilty on four counts of fraud and conspiracy in January following a four-month trial that captivated Silicon Valley.
  • She will begin serving her sentence on April 27.

I'd hit that.

She got a longer sentence than I would have thought.

You love to see it. Finally a rich fraud goes to prison. But of course she can "turn herself in" for her sentence ooohhhh ... sometime near the middle of next year.

• Disgraced Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes has been sentenced to 11.25 years in prison with 3 years of supervised release.
  • Once dubbed the world's youngest self-made female billionaire, Holmes was found guilty on four counts of fraud and conspiracy in January following a four-month trial that captivated Silicon Valley.
She got the leniency that Cory Bonkers was hoping for.
Makes me wonder...did she donate to any of his campaigns? Couldn't find anything on opensecrets.org.

And the reason why this rich person is headed to jail and not just fined is that she defrauded other rich people.

Davila concluded the loss to investors in share value was $121 million, saying Theranos' stock would have been cheaper by that much if not for Holmes' fraud. Restitution will be determined at a later date, he said.​

Like Madoff. Fits right into my theory of our justice system;

Poor steal from poor = prison​
Poor steal from rich = prison for a LONG time​
Rich steal from rich = prison​
Rich steal from poor = a fine​

Makes me wonder...did she donate to any of his campaigns? Couldn't find anything on opensecrets.org.
Leniency? How long was the non-lenient sentence you wanted or expected?

So many young scam artists these days.... where did they get their education?

I am impressed with the sentence, the concern was some slap on the wrist but this is much more meaningful in terms of the crimes.

She was facing the possibility of 20 years in jail. That would've been nice.
But no...she gets 11.25 yrs.

Another response to show me why I dislike republicans in general. Not a mention about her crime, but hey I'd hit that.

Prison is so lonely. I'm only here to help.

And the reason why this rich person is headed to jail and not just fined is that she defrauded other rich people.

Davila concluded the loss to investors in share value was $121 million, saying Theranos' stock would have been cheaper by that much if not for Holmes' fraud. Restitution will be determined at a later date, he said.​

And that is it in a nutshell, she defrauded rich folks. You would think after Bernie people would learn? I guess money and power must be a powerful drug?

Fifteen years at least, of which she likely will only serve 10 years. Holmes pulled off the largest fraud to date, they knowingly produced fake blood test reports for thousands of consumers (some causing serious injury), caused one founder to commit suicide, ruined the lives of many sending lawyers after employees that quit in frustration, etc ect

You can't read the book "Bad Blood" without becoming extremely angry at how she and her boyfriend cruelty terrorized employees, sending investigators to follow them, tapped their emails, etc. She scooped in billions over 10 years, ruining lives, all on a giant scam.

She is a classic psychopath, can't feel any real emotions and a class A manipulator.

Last edited:
I think it will become increasingly obvious that she bamboozled the Judge with her fake regrets, as he slobbered about what a shame it was that such a brilliant person had to be punished.

I doubt she'll ever spend time inside. She has young children hence the supervised release for the first few years. By then she'll have earned parole of time off for good behavior or won a reduced sentence through appeal.

Rich white people don't go to jail for money stuff.

Why does she get to wait?

Good, glad to see it.

I hate this post because it's true.

Probably because she is pregnant again and they will wait till she has her baby.
apparently the one in the oven is due to show up before april 27

pity the almost born and its sibling will have to wait to have a birth mom for 11 years. if she is any kind of mother, THAT has to be the penalty that hurts

Right Wing Nuts prefer Herschel Walker’s resume over Cory Booker’s.

Back
Top Bottom