• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Disgraced ex-congressman sits behind Trump at rally

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Sunrise, Florida (CNN)Donald Trump on Wednesday again slammed Hillary Clinton and her campaign for allowing the father of Orlando shooter Omar Mateen to sit in the stands behind her at a recent rally.

But sitting behind Trump was ex-congressman Mark Foley, who resigned in disgrace in 2006 after sending sexually explicit messages to underage teenage boys.

"When you get those seats, you sort of know the campaign. You sort of know the campaign," Trump said at the rally in Sunrise, Florida. As Trump upbraided Clinton for having Mateen in the stands behind her, Foley smiled, applauded and even waved at Trump.

"How many of you people know me?" Trump asked those seated behind him.
Foley, visible just to Trump's left, quickly raised his hand in response.
The Trump campaign decided on Thursday not to release a statement disavowing Foley, despite the pressure it placed on Clinton to disavow Mateen's father.
The rows of seats directly behind Trump, where Foley was seated, had signs that marked the seats as "RESERVED."
Trump continued to slam Clinton for having Mateen's father seated behind her:
"Of course he likes Hillary because Hillary won't say the words radical Islamic terrorism," Trump said of Mateen's father, who had no knowledge of his son's plot to kill people at an Orlando night club in June.
Clinton's campaign released a statement Tuesday disavowing Mateen's support.
Foley confirmed his attendance to the Sun Sentinel, telling the newspaper that he arrived early to get his prime seating, visible behind Trump in TV shots -- just like he used to do during the State of the Union addresses when he was in Congress.

Foley has previously publicly expressed his support for Trump, appearing in the audience as Trump delivered remarks to a relatively small group of supporters at his Mar-a-Lago estate in March the night of the Florida Republican primary.
"I've been a friend of Mr. Trump's since 1987. I've admired so much of what he's done. He's a different breed of leader and a different breed of candidate," Foley told the Sun Sentinel.
Foley resigned from Congress in 2006 after a 12-year tenure amid reports that he exchanged sexually explicit instant messages with a 16-year-old former congressional page, and sent suggestive messages to other underage teenagers.

Disgraced ex-congressman Mark Foley sits behind Trump at rally - CNNPolitics.com

This is priceless. You have to watch the video. Trump stepped in his own ****... :lamo

Last edited:
Sometimes, like with Clinton earlier, and now this with Trump, I shake my head and think to myself - is there no one working for these people that can think at all? Someone in each of these campaigns, needs to locate the folks with their head up their rump, and have them undergo a surgical cranialanalectomy.

I swear this is the weirdest election cycle I've ever seen!

One camp has the weirdo father of a terrorist that holds the record for the largest mass shooting in the States.

The other has a prominent publicly disgraced and denounced pedophile!

Marone!

It's like a bad movie ...

Sometimes, like with Clinton earlier, and now this with Trump, I shake my head and think to myself - is there no one working for these people that can think at all? Someone in each of these campaigns, needs to locate the folks with their head up their rump, and have them undergo a surgical cranialanalectomy.

That would leave no candidates

I swear this is the weirdest election cycle I've ever seen!

One camp has the weirdo father of a terrorist that holds the record for the largest mass shooting in the States.

The other has a prominent publicly disgraced and denounced pedophile!

Marone!

It's like a bad movie ...

The best part is when he turned to the audience and asked who knew him as if to embarrass Hillary. And Foley immediately raised his hand. That is some funny **** right there.

So "disgraced" people can't attend rallies?

Have they suddenly lost their rights to participate, even as a viewer?

I never got on the bandwagon about who was sitting behind Hillary, and I am not on this bandwagon either. :shrug:

Last edited:
So "disgraced" people can't attend rallies?

Have they suddenly lost their rights to participate, even as a viewer?

I never got on the bandwagon about who was sitting behind Hillary, and I am not on this bandwagon either. :shrug:

Yeah, let's just forget that the "disgrace" was sexually harrassing young boys

Did anyone else google Mark Foley and see the creepy ass picture that google has for him? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom