• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Discussion with logic man on the nature of Jesus Christ

You're just dead wrong, joachin. Jesus is already resurrected, and I believe him over you.

Another nonsequitur and deflection, as expected.

If you can't focus on the hermeneutics of the Hebrew Scriptures versus the Christian Scriptures, just say so. Don't pretend to make an argument and then post stuff like this when you're challenged.

Another nonsequitur and deflection, as expected.

If you can't focus on the hermeneutics of the Hebrew Scriptures versus the Christian Scriptures, just say so. Don't pretend to make an argument and then post stuff like this when you're challenged.

It's obvious you're on the wrong track, with the wrong understanding.

You know, prior to the time of Jesus, I could understand why most Jews / rabbis could not discern the time of the coming of Messiah, But now, after it's all documented, and you STILL can't see it, then now I marvel at the spiritual blindness.

And for the record, there were significant Messianic expectations in 1st century Israel.

http://christianthinktank.com/messiah.html

It's obvious you're on the wrong track, with the wrong understanding.

You know, prior to the time of Jesus, I could understand why most Jews / rabbis could not discern the time of the coming of Messiah, But now, after it's all documented, and you STILL can't see it, then now I marvel at the spiritual blindness.

And for the record, there were significant Messianic expectations in 1st century Israel.

http://christianthinktank.com/messiah.html

I hate to tell you this, but the messiah plays a very small role in Judaism. You're just going to have to get used to that.

I hate to tell you this, but the messiah plays a very small role in Judaism. You're just going to have to get used to that.

Disagree. The Messiah is God and ushered in the New Covenant prophesied in Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Disagree. The Messiah is God and ushered in the New Covenant prophesied in Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Focus, focus. Judaism neither is nor was that fixated on the messiah. It was more focused on doing good deeds because that pleases God.

Retrojecting Christian ideas into Hebrew Scriptures is generally a hermeneutical disaster.

Focus, focus. Judaism neither is nor was that fixated on the messiah. It was more focused on doing good deeds because that pleases God.

Retrojecting Christian ideas into Hebrew Scriptures is generally a hermeneutical disaster.

You want to talk about the Hebrews? - it's the ancient Hebrews who revealed to us the divine Messiah and gave us Christianity.

You want to talk about the Hebrews? - it's the ancient Hebrews who revealed to us the divine Messiah and gave us Christianity.

Actually I don't want to talk about "Hebrews." I want to talk about Judaism and its relative historical lack of interest in the issue of a messiah. It's only a particular brand of Christianity that focuses on this issue, which whether appropriate or not, doesn't really apply to what Judaism is about.

You made a claim to the contrary and it's just not true.

In any case, circling back to Genesis, I'd rather defer to a scholarly rabbinical interpretation of Genesis than yours, and I've never really run into one that was even slightly interested in messianic concepts.

Actually I don't want to talk about "Hebrews." I want to talk about Judaism and its relative historical lack of interest in the issue of a messiah. It's only a particular brand of Christianity that focuses on this issue, which whether appropriate or not, doesn't really apply to what Judaism is about.

You made a claim to the contrary and it's just not true.

In any case, circling back to Genesis, I'd rather defer to a scholarly rabbinical interpretation of Genesis than yours, and I've never really run into one that was even slightly interested in messianic concepts.

Save your breath, joachin. I'm not buying what you're selling.

Back
Top Bottom