• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Discussion Thread: Tucker Case v. Peter Grimm

Is there such a thing as a delay of game penalty for these True Debates?:2razz:

I think eliminating contemporaneous comments from the viewers is counter productive...it takes some of the fun out of it for the non debaters. If the concern is that debaters may see the comments and alter their debate plan or get an "assist", maybe you could just thread ban them from it?

Actually, that's not a bad idea.

My two cents as one of the debaters here - who really cares if the debaters see certain comments or alter their debate strategy? Why are we trying to control that?

My debate with Tucker fizzled out because the audience interest/comments fizzled out, hence it was boring for the guys participating in the debate.

We need a lively peanut gallery. Otherwise, why bother? Half the fun is getting to chip in ideas and make silly comments. IMO.

My debate with Tucker fizzled out because the audience interest/comments fizzled out, hence it was boring for the guys participating in the debate.

Personally, I didn't really care about the comments here as far as our debate goes. It got boring for me when you didn't respond. Just sayin'.

Tucker Case and Peter Grimm have agreed to take part in a True Debate, reverse debate style(ie they will argue the position they disagree with). The length will be 1 opening statement plus 10 replies, with a 750 word limit per post. This thread is for others to discuss the debate and after the debate a poll will be added so members can vote for a winner. Thank you to Tucker Case and Peter Grimm for taking part in this, should be alot of fun to watch.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/true-debates/158699-true-debate-tucker-case-v-peter-grimm.html

If I was in a "true debate" everyone here would destroy me. xD

I read the opening posts and then have decided to wait until they are over to read everything. It is too obnoxious to try to keep track of the point-counterpoints flowing sporadically and maintain interest. I think western civilization will end before the EU true debate does. I think this one started off well--closer to what I expected them all to be--but needs to be fibrillated or concluded.

Actually, that's not a bad idea.

Funny, I got infracted for offering constructive criticism on the debates...helped put me over 20. I won't make that mistake again.

Any chance my "debate" with peter can be closed so that I can at least discuss the little bit that did occur with people here?

Shoot, I thought for sure that this one would actually be the first one to actually conclude. Oh well, maybe next year the first one on the EU will resume.......

Back
Top Bottom