• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Discussion of HAIR & what is optional, or not .....

Menard_K

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Note that through out history pictures of men
include some who are bearded, & some who are not
clearly its optional for a man to grow the facial fuzz
or not.

Now consider the Woman, who naturally grows hair on her legs & underarms
and really is it as optional for a woman to simply let it grow naturally?

Note that women do not have to wear sleeveless garments & short skirts,
they could dress in pants or long skirts & have even short sleeves and
nobody need even see their HAIR, but then again why have to HIDE it?
Mother Nature makes it grow natural. so any "requirement" to remove hair
is strictly a human invention. whats up with that?

Just a bit of food for thought.

Bon Appétit

interesting HP article on this :

I Don't Shave | Paloma Goñi

for myself, sure, i prefer it when women shave, but would i not date a girl for a reason that trivial? no.

I couldn't deal with a woman who has hairy arms, legs, and pits. Anything else I can compromise.

Hell, if a woman asked me to shave my pits I would. Hair there serves no purpose except to intensify the stank. I could probably make my Speed Stick go 20% longer if I got rid of my pit hair.

or not.

Bon Appétit

Hey...I don't want to look like Sasquatch. If other women are OK being as hairy as Ed Asner, that's their business.

Hopefully they can find a guy who doesn't mind hairy...everything.

I don't like excessive hair on myself because I just feel cleaner. :shrug:

Most of the women who lived with me in the communes in the 70s went natural. A few didn't. It wasn't a big issue either way.

Most of my own issues with hair right now concerns my own, most notably where it is and where it isn't. If I could only relocate some of it from my ears and shoulders and put it on the back of my head, I'd be a happy guy.

Mother Nature giveth, and she taketh away. ;) As some of us women grow older, we no longer need to shave above the knee, and have little need to shave below the knee, because the hair that Ma Nature endowed us with, just disappears. :lol:

As some of us women grow older, we no longer need to shave above the knee

Pau-Gasol-huh.jpg

Mother Nature giveth, and she taketh away. ;) As some of us women grow older, we no longer need to shave above the knee, and have little need to shave below the knee, because the hair that Ma Nature endowed us with, just disappears. :lol:

Perhaps there nothing to shave above the knee because, with age, everything moves southward. :mrgreen:

As to the article in the OP, she pulls the natural argument and that's where she fails. Using toilet paper is not natural, nor are hot showers or soap. Pretty much everything humans use for modern body care is not natural.

Maybe it's time she looked into the NoNo.

10245461-nono-hair-removal.jpg

2013-07-04-IMG_2976.jpg

I'm sorry, but no. I simply couldn't do it. That girl's legs are almost as hairy as mine are.

I can handle armpit and pubic hair (so long as it's well kempt and doesn't smell), but hairy sasquatch legs are pretty much where I draw the line.

It'd be one thing if she were blonde and not all that hairy to begin with, but thick dark hair over an inch long is just gross.

Perhaps there nothing to shave above the knee because, with age, everything moves southward. :mrgreen:

Well, I don't have hair on my toes, so I don't know where in the hell it went. :lol:

I can't picture a woman not shaving her legs for any reason other than to piss her man off.

Well, I don't have hair on my toes, so I don't know where in the hell it went. :lol:

You check the bathroom floor? :mrgreen:

Btw, my nephew just told me a joke that sorta fits -

Q: Why is public hair curly?
A: So you don't poke your eyes out.

Most of the women who lived with me in the communes in the 70s went natural. A few didn't. It wasn't a big issue either way.

Most of my own issues with hair right now concerns my own, most notably where it is and where it isn't. If I could only relocate some of it from my ears and shoulders and put it on the back of my head, I'd be a happy guy.

LOL We used to call such women "granola girls." Pretty; but avoidable for more reasons than just hairy legs.

I dunno, I dislike mass body hair on my upper body and I associate hairiness with other males. Therefore I have negative associations when I see a hairy woman, since I don't want to sleep with someone who reminds me of another man.

Last edited:
I spent several years in Europe. Body hair on women does not bother me in the least. Its a personal preference thing...

LOL We used to call such women "granola girls." Pretty; but avoidable for more reasons than just hairy legs."

I dunno, I dislike mass body hair on my upper body and I associate hairiness with other males. Therefore I have negative associations when I see a hairy woman, since I don't want to sleep with someone who reminds me of another man.

Yea, it'd definitely have to be a "lights off" kind of situation before I'd even consider doing the deed with a girl with sasquatch legs. Even then, going anywhere near "downtown" would be pretty much out of the question.

Hairy thighs brushing up against my ears. :shudder:

or not.

Bon Appétit

I would feel embarrassed to walk around like that, all hairy and stuff. I'll stick with shaving thanks. :)

I would feel embarrassed to walk around like that, all hairy and stuff. I'll stick with shaving thanks. :)
I mostly follow nature but not in this case. Smooth skin is a wonderful thing, and all many women need is hair from the neck up. For some, that's optional as well.

I mostly follow nature but not in this case. Smooth skin is a wonderful thing, and all many women need is hair from the neck up. For some, that's optional as well.

Well I'll keep the hair on my head. :lol: That is hair I don't mind having.

Never dated a Planet of the Apes type woman. There is a woman that works at a local Home Depot here. She has a beard. I don't mean facial hair - it's a beard. At first, I couldn't tell if she was smiling at me or mooning me. She's very nice though, and competent, which is rare.

Did that mullet turn into a skullet?

I go back and forth about shaving various things as the mood takes me. I am fortunate to have a partner who doesn't care, and has a similar mindset about his own hair.

This stuff is just not that important. There's something to be said about not worrying about whether your hair is acceptable to some random strangers. It also adds a level of touch perception I don't have without the hair. On the other hand, there's also something to be said about how nice clean-shaven feels on some smooth sheets or clothes. It's very nice indeed.

I do, however, consistently shave my legs since my late teens. The hair started growing differently on each leg when I lost one of my ovaries, and it bugs me. I cannot find anyone who can explain to me why this happened, but I can tell you that it happened immediately after I had an ovary removed. Go figure. I may get that permanently removed one day, simply because I find it so damn annoying.

Mine better be smooth as a barbi doll, or get back in the bathroom and make it so. Period, no exceptions.

Back
Top Bottom