• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Discrimination is losing, Equality is winning, equal rights for gays is coming soon!

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
SInce the fall of DOMA the writing has been on the wall.

It was a given eventual federal benefits were going to be granted, IRS, certain contract protection etc.

with that happening its was basic common sense that lawsuits of all sorts were going to follow due to discrimination of married couples in states that discrimination against them for one reason or another. Property, medical concerns, parental concerns etc etc

months later BOOM, case after case is springing up some already winning some pending and yes there will be some loses but equality is coming.

SO im going to make this thread to try and keep track of some of it and feel free to add your own.

13 states have equal rights and DC

NJ if not overruled will be the 14th in about 20 days.

PA, VA, WV, HI all have court cases or legislation in the works that could establish equal rights

NM is a tweener. There are no laws denying equal rights so marriage licenses have been granted to same sex couples in certain jurisdictions.

I wont list all the stat constitutions, laws and ordinances that have changed to include sexual orientation from being discriminated against but this is also very important and sets the frame work.
The bannings that excist in many states is also a GOOD thing because they will be used to establish factual discrimination like they already have been when pushed to SSCs.
ENDA is always in the shadows and could come to pass.

Change is coming
Equal rights is coming

Its happening so much its actually hard to keep up with!

What state is next?

could be 20 before we know it

please add anything i missed.

Re: Discrimination is losing, Equality is winning, equal rights for gays is coming so

SInce the fall of DOMA the writing has been on the wall.

It was a given eventual federal benefits were going to be granted, IRS, certain contract protection etc.

with that happening its was basic common sense that lawsuits of all sorts were going to follow due to discrimination of married couples in states that discrimination against them for one reason or another. Property, medical concerns, parental concerns etc etc

months later BOOM, case after case is springing up some already winning some pending and yes there will be some loses but equality is coming.

SO im going to make this thread to try and keep track of some of it and feel free to add your own.

PA, VA, WV, HI all have court cases or legislation in the works that could establish equal rights

NM is a tweener. There are no laws denying equal rights so marriage licenses have been granted to same sex couples in certain jurisdictions.

I wont list all the stat constitutions, laws and ordinances that have changed to include sexual orientation from being discriminated against but this is also very important and sets the frame work.
The bannings that excist in many states is also a GOOD thing because they will be used to establish factual discrimination like they already have been when pushed to SSCs.
ENDA is always in the shadows and could come to pass.

Change is coming
Equal rights is coming

Its happening so much its actually hard to keep up with!

What state is next?

could be 20 before we know it

please add anything i missed.

Why are you so obsessed with gays? :shrug:

Re: Discrimination is losing, Equality is winning, equal rights for gays is coming so

It's not gonna be Nebraska. :(

Although Omaha actually is creating a more accepting community for gays, the rest of the state has a long way to go.

allow me to ask the same question of you

allow me to ask the same question of you

I am concerned with their eternal security and the enlightenment that they are living in sin and need to turn to God. I don't hide behind that fact.

uhm it actually has very little to do with "Gays" thats a very secondary issue.
Its about equal rights and fighting discrimination.

its funny though, nobody other than anti-equal rights people ever ask that question. I wonder if people asked that question about minorities and religions and women and interracial marriage etc etc. Its a silly question actually.

Gays are just the sub-subject because they are the ones being denied equal rights, oppressed and discriminated against.

Id be just the same if i lived in the time minority and woman were being discriminated against.

I find discrimination of this sort disgusting, appalling and embarrassing for a country like ours. America should be leading the way on equal/civil rights and social issues. Some how we got away from that.

This type of ingrained, organized, systematic discrimination and hatered is sickening. The ignorance and dishonesty it takes to hate that much and be that bigoted ill never understand.

Why it makes me so happy is because I used to never think id see this tragedy fixed or make lots of progress in my lifetime. There was a time where i thought MAYBE my daughter would see it in hers or even further out. The amount of hate, visceral, evilness and bigotry that exists on this topic is enough to make any humane honest person sick. But now i know "I" am going to see it. I am going to be part of it. Im going to witness one of our evil marks polished away into history and see one of our inequalities end and discrimination lose.

It just one thing going on that im very proud my country is doing, im glad that the same rights i enjoy are being granted to those that couldnt always say the same. I care about my fellow Americans and a victory for them is a victory for us all.

frankly its awesome to be witness to this great thing just sitting on the horizon.

uhm it actually has very little to do with "Gays" thats a very secondary issue.
Its about equal rights and fighting discrimination.

its funny though, nobody other than anti-equal rights people ever ask that question. I wonder if people asked that question about minorities and religions and women and interracial marriage etc etc. Its a silly question actually.

Gays are just the sub-subject because they are the ones being denied equal rights, oppressed and discriminated against.

Id be just the same if i lived in the time minority and woman were being discriminated against.

I find discrimination of this sort disgusting, appalling and embarrassing for a country like ours. America should be leading the way on equal/civil rights and social issues. Some how we got away from that.

This type of ingrained, organized, systematic discrimination and hatered is sickening. The ignorance and dishonesty it takes to hate that much and be that bigoted ill never understand.

Why it makes me so happy is because I used to never think id see this tragedy fixed or make lots of progress in my lifetime. There was a time where i thought MAYBE my daughter would see it in hers or even further out. The amount of hate, visceral, evilness and bigotry that exists on this topic is enough to make any humane honest person sick. But now i know "I" am going to see it. I am going to be part of it. Im going to witness one of our evil marks polished away into history and see one of our inequalities end and discrimination lose.

It just one thing going on that im very proud my country is doing, im glad that the same rights i enjoy are being granted to those that couldnt always say the same. I care about my fellow Americans and a victory for them is a victory for us all.

frankly its awesome to be witness to this great thing just sitting on the horizon.

Once again, why are you so interested in gays?

By the way, you have posed the same question to me in the past.

1.)Once again, why are you so interested in gays?

By the way, you have posed the same question to me in the past.

1.)your question is thoroughly answered, if you dont get it, the issue is clearly yours lol reread it slower this time. Im sure its just a matter of not liking my answer and it destroying any response you thought you had.
2.) id like proof of that cause i dont remember, though i admit its possible and i have asked people why they are against equal rights so it may have happened.

Last edited:

I am concerned with their eternal security and the enlightenment that they are living in sin and need to turn to God. I don't hide behind that fact.

so, it is your religious view which causes you to be preoccupied with those having a homosexual orientation
you prefer to involve yourself rather than to allow your G_d to become involved in such personal, individual matters ... how Christian of you [/sarcasm]

so, it is your religious view which causes you to be preoccupied with those having a homosexual orientation
you prefer to involve yourself rather than to allow your G_d to become involved in such personal, individual matters ... how Christian of you [/sarcasm]

whats funny is my religion tells me many things, gives me many concerns but what it never does is tell me to get in others business of have my morals/opinions forced on others.
All good people and politicians can simply separate the two. My religion is for ME it is most certainly not for my country, that would be hypocritical.

was told today that the carolinas have cases, had cases or are going to have cases so i wnt looking for some evidence of that

South Carolina
Meet the couple challenging SC's gay marriage ban - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

A Highway Patrol trooper and her partner will be the first South Carolinians to challenge the state's constitutional amendment banning gay marriage and civil unions in the wake of the US Supreme Court's landmark decision striking down parts of the federal Defense of Marriage Act.

The suit goes even further, saying the state's laws on same-sex marriage fail "any level of constitutional scrutiny."
23318633_BG1.jpg

North Caraolina
North Carolina joins front line in gay marriage fight | CharlotteObserver.com
North Carolina – along with a Charlotte couple and their children – joined the front line Tuesday in a national challenge to same-sex marriage bans, the first stage in a legal strategy to rocket the issue back before the U.S. Supreme Court.

The American Civil Liberties Union formally challenged the marriage bans in North Carolina and Pennsylvania, and the group says it plans to file a lawsuit soon to add Virginia as a defendant.

1nQoz2.Em.138.jpg

just look at these two evil scary couples how are gonna bring on the end of the world!:scared:

ill me looking more into these two cases dont know where they stand

sooooo for now that:

PA, VA, WV, HI, NC and SC all have court cases or legislation in the works or soon to be in the works that could establish equal rights.

(to Davidtaylor) so, it is your religious view which causes you to be preoccupied with those having a homosexual orientation
you prefer to involve yourself rather than to allow your G_d to become involved in such personal, individual matters ... how Christian of you [sarcasm]

David Taylor is right to be concerned for the eternal salvation of gays.

What's more, God uses people to pass the word and warn people about negative temporal and eternal consequences.

He sent a prophet to warn Nineveh and they repented for a time, but later they hardened their hearts and Nineveh was destroyed. You don't want gays to be lost or to face judgment, do you?

Or perhaps he could try worrying more about his own eternal salvation and start following Jesus' actual teachings instead of opposing them as strenuously as he does.

What's more, God uses people to pass the word and warn people about negative temporal and eternal consequences.

He sent a prophet to warn Nineveh and they repented for a time, but later they hardened their hearts and Nineveh was destroyed. You don't want gays to be lost or to face judgment, do you?

its none of his business, your business or mine.
THis is a free country and im interested in protecting the rights of ALL OF US, unlike you

I do this because im smart enough to realize things could be very different, i could live in a country that doesn't allow me to pray to to my god or you to yours or we could be killed for doing so.
I thank my god i live in the country i do, i dont try to force my views on others or take away the freedoms of others.

Any god that would damn good people to hell for being gay is not worthy of worship.

nope gay women will be included in equal rights just like they should
see post 11, 4 women ;)

gays are not lost. they only have a sexual orientation which is different than your own (possibly)
and we will all face judgment ... seems those like you prefer to render theirs now
i am unable to understand why judgmental people are so eager to intrude themselves into the private affairs of others, to involve themselves into the business of others. matters in which they have no part

nope gay women will be included in equal rights just like they should
see post 11, 4 women ;)

You asked what you might have missed. I was thinking of your personal life.

You asked what you might have missed. I was thinking of your personal life.

I say i probably should have passed on some of the girls i didnt miss
weird how do you think i missed girls in my personal life?

The US government is not a platform by which to enforce your religious opinions on others.

Any god that would damn good people to hell for being gay is not worthy of worship.

For those who are active gays, how about a lifetime of sexual perversion, and failure to repent, and the rejection of Christ's salvation?

We're not playing by man's political correctness. God rules the universe, not regressive 'progressives.'

For those who are active gays, how about a lifetime of sexual perversion, and failure to repent, and the rejection of Christ's salvation?

We're not playing by man's political correctness. God rules the universe, not regressive 'progressives.'

the religion forum is located else where its meaningless in this thread about america and equal rights.

gays are not lost. they only have a sexual orientation which is different than your own (possibly)
and we will all face judgment ... seems those like you prefer to render theirs now
i am unable to understand why judgmental people are so eager to intrude themselves into the private affairs of others, to involve themselves into the business of others. matters in which they have no part

Where's their repentance (Luke 13:3) and their receiving Christ as their Lord and Savior for the remission of their sins?

And certainly that does apply to everyone, so everyone needs to be acutely aware of it, just as do sexually active gays.

Back
Top Bottom