• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Discrimination is losing, Equality is winning, equal rights for gays is coming soon!

Re: Discrimination is losing, Equality is winning, equal rights for gays is coming so

For those who are active gays, how about a lifetime of sexual perversion, and failure to repent, and the rejection of Christ's salvation?

We're not playing by man's political correctness. God rules the universe, not regressive 'progressives.'

You worship an evil, petty vengeful god.

Re: Discrimination is losing, Equality is winning, equal rights for gays is coming so

the religion forum is located else where its meaningless in this thread about america and equal rights.

I'm talking about the basis for the equal rights for gays, and that's entirely appropriate in this forum. I'm not going to let the liberal left throw God out of everything just because they think he's irrelevant.

Where's their repentance (Luke 13:3) and their receiving Christ as their Lord and Savior for the remission of their sins?
there are many of us who are not Christians. we have no reason to appeal to Christ

And certainly that does apply to everyone, so everyone needs to be acutely aware of it, just as do sexually active gays.
doing no harm should not be found sinful
those who have a sexual orientation different from your own do no harm when they engage in consensual sexual activities

You worship an evil, petty vengeful god.

No, you diss a loving God who went to the cross to pay for your sins, and you sluff him off like yesterdays garbage.

the us government is not a platform by which to enforce your religious opinions on others.

and its not a platform by which to enforce your [ not meaning your personally] opinions on others religious ideas.

there are many of us who are not Christians. we have no reason to appeal to Christ

It's not that easy. He'll hold judgment for everyone, not just for those who believe.

doing no harm should not be found sinful
those who have a sexual orientation different from your own do no harm when they engage in consensual sexual activities

Yes they do. They put their eternal souls at risk and lead others into sexual perversion, for which there are temporal and eternal consequences.

1.)I'm talking about the basis for the equal rights for gays
2.) and that's entirely appropriate in this forum.
3.) I'm not going to let the liberal left throw God out of everything just because they think he's irrelevant.

1.) yes you are trying but you are failing because the basis of equal rights has nothign to do with your opinion of your religion, thats just a fact you cant change.
2.) i did say it inappropriate i said its meaningless and thats a fact
3.) another huge fail. SOrry millions of righties and independents support equal rights and are against discrimination even if you are not.

in fact supporting those things empowers religions, you are the only one here trying to discriminate religion.

Like i said the fact remains religion is 100% factually meaningless to equal rights in this discussion. Let me know whene you can change that fact lol

Where's their repentance (Luke 13:3) and their receiving Christ as their Lord and Savior for the remission of their sins?

And certainly that does apply to everyone, so everyone needs to be acutely aware of it, just as do sexually active gays.

Something not required by any US laws. If you want to live in a theocracy, move. The US isn't one.

It's not that easy. He'll hold judgment for everyone, not just for those who believe.

Yes they do. They put their eternal souls at risk and lead others into sexual perversion, for which there are temporal and eternal consequences.

your rebuttals are devoid of logic

No, you diss a loving God who went to the cross to pay for your sins, .

That certainly isn't the God you worship,

and its not a platform by which to enforce your [ not meaning your personally] opinions on others religious ideas.

Everyone is free to believe same sex marriage or relationships are a sin, even when same sex marriage is legal.

Wait wait wait, you think I want to enforce my opinions on your religious ideas? No, not at all, you're free to believe whatever you want about homosexuals, hell, fire, and brimstone. I don't want to change your religious beliefs, whatever they are, at all. Not in the least.

BUT, I will stop you from making people live by your beliefs and I will stop you from trying to take away freedoms from others because you religious beliefs say they shouldn't have them.

We cool then?

Something not required by any US laws. If you want to live in a theocracy, move. The US isn't one.

Or, you can move if you don't like how Christians and others vote.

p.s. No one I know wants a theocracy so that's a losing argument.

That certainly isn't the God you worship,

It sure is, winston. You can't make Calvary go away.

1.)Or, you can move if you don't like how Christians and others vote.

2.)p.s. No one I know wants a theocracy so that's a losing argument.

nice deflection but thats not what anybody said

1.) 1st off dont lump all chrisitians in together, many of them are bigoted morons so they would never vote against equal rights or vote to have their morals forced on others
also people are free to vote how ever they want but their votes dont truimp rights, in the end equal rights win

2.) PS theres a poster right in this thread that supports all thier morals becoming law and not caring about the rights of others

nice deflection but thats not what anybody said

1.) 1st off dont lump all chrisitians in together, many of them are bigoted morons so they would never vote against equal rights or vote to have their morals forced on others also people are free to vote how ever they want but their votes dont truimp rights, in the end equal rights win

2.) PS theres a poster right in this thread that supports all thier morals becoming law and not caring about the rights of others

There's a ton of bigoted liberals too, who call themselves progressives, but their morals and policies are regressive all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah.

1.)There's a ton of bigoted liberal morons too, who call themselves progressives
2.) but their morals and policies are regressive all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah.

1.) no doubt about that but we are talking about equal rights and discrimination against gays so like i was pointing out it doesnt matter what thie bigoted morons call themselves, it is very telling that after i say many people arent this way you seem obligated to point out that stupid liberals exist, weird.

2.) any factual examples of this? meaning people that want policies that are regressive

the bottom line is in the OP discrimination is losing, equal rights is winning, this changing is coming and this country will be better for it from a legal, freedom and rights stand point.

if that bothers people they are free to leave and that goess for ANYBODY who feels that way, what they label themselves dont matter

Or, you can move if you don't like how Christians and others vote.

p.s. No one I know wants a theocracy so that's a losing argument.

No. This is a secular, constitutional republic. Our Constitution protects us against votes of any religious people who would try to use their majority to deny rights to any minority based solely on reasons of religious belief.

For those who are active gays, how about a lifetime of sexual perversion, and failure to repent, and the rejection of Christ's salvation?

We're not playing by man's political correctness. God rules the universe, not regressive 'progressives.'

Sounds like you'd be happier moving to Iran where theocracy is strictly enforced. In fact, please do us all a favor and get on that.

There's also a federal case starting in MI i think next week, which could be the basis for the next SC challenge. Illinois is also well along in getting sued.

There's also a federal case starting in MI i think next week, which could be the basis for the next SC challenge. Illinois is also well along in getting sued.

Awesome thanks ill look for articles/info on it

Michigan - just a little blurb but im looking for more, seems this cases is about custody adoption etc and dominoed into marriage, which of course was obviously going to happen as soon as DOMA fell etc
2 gay foster parents hope Mich. ruling goes their way - Toledo Blade

Illinois
Judge allows challenges to Illinois gay marriage ban to proceed | Reuters

i think i talked about this one before i just accidentally forgot it

sooooo now it lloks like:

13 states have equal rights and DC

NJ if not overruled will be the 14th this month

the following have court cases in process, pending or pending soon.

Pennsylvania
Virginia
West Virginia
Hawaii
North Carolina
South Carolina
Michigan
Illinois

equal rights may win some, it may lose some but with in a blink of an eye it could be almost half the state within the next year that grant equal rights

No. This is a secular, constitutional republic. Our Constitution protects us against votes of any religious people who would try to use their majority to deny rights to any minority based solely on reasons of religious belief.

Don't kid yourself. Roughly 70% of the population of America identify themselves as Christians. And if enough of them want to pass a Constitutional Amendment to declare Christianity the select religion of the U.S., they can do it.

We can band together to outlaw abortion, gay marriage, and any number of other vices.

And there's one more point you should consider:

"The State may not establish a 'religion of secularism' in the sense of affirmatively opposing or showing hostility to religion, thus 'preferring those who believe in no religion over those who do believe." - Justice Clark - the US Supreme Court decision Abington School District v. Schempp, 374, US 203, 83 S.Ct. 1560, 10 L.Ed.2d 844 (1963).

Back
Top Bottom