• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Discrimination in Chief Diversity Officer Hiring?

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I have an experiment for some of you to try: Go to www.LinkedIn.com and do a search on "Chief Diversity Officer". How many white males do you see out of the first 100 results? One, maybe two? This should tell us the true meaning of "diversity". It demonstrates that "diversity" doesn't include everybody.

I have an experiment for some of you to try: Go to www.LinkedIn.com and do a search on "Chief Diversity Officer". How many white males do you see out of the first 100 results? One, maybe two? This should tell us the true meaning of "diversity". It demonstrates that "diversity" doesn't include everybody.

Point?

He missed explaining it, though I do know what he's getting at.

The issue is that while many of these offices that are looking to uphold diversity. It can be surmised that they aren't exactly doing that, especially when it comes to many of them favoring minority hires over majority hires, all the time, or a majority of the time.

The actions of such group can be defined as pushing out one hire for the other, using the guise of diversity. Not to mention, the fact that hiring someone on the merit of their race alone. Is something that many people who've had to work hard to attain their position in life, simply don't like to imagine.

It would be just as wrong if every business, opened an office to ensure that everyone hired was of a certain height. Hiring them over anyone else that was shorter, despite whatever skills they may have, or whatever work ethic they possess.

]I have an experiment for some of you to try: Go to www.LinkedIn.com and do a search on "Female CEO's". How many white males do you see out of the first 100 results? NONE? This should tell us the true meaning of "Female". It demonstrates that "Female" doesn't include everybody.

It demonstrates that "diversity" doesn't include everybody.

We Americans know that what you say in the quotation above is an accurate statement.

But no one in 2019 America is surprised.

"Diversity" is simply a code word that means that people who do NOT belong to the (current) majority ethnicity should be guaranteed representation, too.

So the fact that most Chief Diversity Officers are members of (current) minority ethnicities only causes a chuckle or yawn.

Hey look, Ecofarm didn't read things all the way through. Color me surprised.

Hey look, the neo nazi Rense fanboy jumps to the defense of racist crying. So surprised.

And he didn't read the OP. Another shocker.

It demonstrates that "diversity" doesn't include everybody.

Boo ****ing hoo. Cry moar, white victims.

The point appears to be the existence of racial/gender discrimination can be determined by comparing the racial/gender composition of any (carefully selected?) subset of employees to the popualtion at large. If a typical NBA player roster does not "look like America" then that alone indicates (assumes?) the presence of racial/gender discrimination. Of course, to make a post like the OP - one must accept that premise.

"Diversity" is simply a code word that means that people who do NOT belong to the (current) majority ethnicity should be guaranteed representation, too.

How is that a code? That's the literal definition of the word.

diversity noun
di·​ver·​si·​ty | \də-ˈvər-sə-tē, dī-\
plural diversities

1 :the condition of having or being composed of differing elements : variety
especially : the inclusion of different types of people (such as people of different races or cultures) in a group or organization
//programs intended to promote diversity in schools

There is likely but one such position at any given organization thus it is simply not possible to have both a white and non-white, or male and female, person fill that single (new?) position. Since the goal of many "diversity" programs is to try to reduce the over representation of white males among its (higher paid?) employees then it makes some (common?) sense not to add yet another, white male employee to the executive staff as step one of its (new?) "diversity" program.

The point appears to be the existence of racial/gender discrimination can be determined by comparing the racial/gender composition of any (carefully selected?) subset of employees to the popualtion at large. If a typical NBA player roster does not "look like America" then that alone indicates (assumes?) the presence of racial/gender discrimination. Of course, to make a post like the OP - one must accept that premise.

Basketball is a sport for poor kids. The middle class plays sports with big fields and equipment. That's why black people are disproportionately represented in basketball. Because they are disproportionately represented in poverty. Additionally, sports is one of the few ways out of poverty, so the impoverished are disproportionately represented in sports.

See? A little sociological knowledge can really clear things up.

If you look, you'll find all racial disparity is economic.

White people are victims. Poor, poor victims.

this is true. we should march, but they don't sell tiki torches at Walmart until summer.

this is true. we should march, but they don't sell tiki torches at Walmart until summer.

No way. I'm on their side!

Basketball is a sport for poor kids. The middle class plays sports with big fields and equipment. That's why black people are disproportionately represented in basketball. Because they are disproportionately represented in poverty. Additionally, sports is one of the few ways out of poverty, so the impoverished are disproportionately represented in sports.

See? A little sociological knowledge can really clear things up.

If you look, you'll find all racial disparity is economic.

That (bolded above) premise fails based on simple math - there are 17M poor white (non-Hispanic) and 9M poor blacks in the US. If the proportion was based on poverty (alone) then one would expect that no more than 1/3 of NBA players would be black. If you further divide the poor by urban vs. rural/suburban and declare basketball to be primarily an urban sport then you get closer to racial parity (60% black?) but still not the substantial black majority seen at the college and professional basketball player level.

U.S. Poverty Statistics - Federal Safety Net

The whole 'diversity' narrative is racist, where heritage is considered as more important than 'content of character' or abilities.

That (bolded above) premise fails based on simple math - there are 17M poor white (non-Hispanic) and 9M poor blacks in the US. If the proportion was based on poverty (alone) then one would expect that no more than 1/3 of NBA players would be black. If you further divide the poor by urban vs. rural/suburban and declare basketball to be primarily an urban sport then you get closer to racial parity (60% black?) but still not the substantial black majority seen at the college and professional basketball player level.

U.S. Poverty Statistics - Federal Safety Net

I should have noted: urban poverty. Thus, no big field.

The whole 'diversity' narrative is racist, where heritage is considered as more important than 'content of character' or abilities.

Slavery still has impacts today. Your grandparents went to college and gave you money - intergenerational wealth. Whites have had hundreds or thousands of years to amass intergenerational wealth in their families. Black grandparents were slaves.

Racism is still a part of society. Some people even pretend it doesn't exist so they can pretend the struggles of black people are the result of bad genes and not society.

Claiming "diversity is racist" is basically declaring oneself a racist.

Slavery still has impacts today. Your grandparents went to college and gave you money - intergenerational wealth. Whites have had hundreds or thousands of years to amass intergenerational wealth in their families. Black grandparents were slaves.

Racism is still a part of society. Some people even pretend it doesn't exist so they can pretend the struggles of black people are the result of bad genes and not society.

Fractional parts of society still have traces of racism? That's probably true. It is also true that society is less racist than it has ever been. Society is getting better, not worse.

Seems you are seeking equal outcomes, regardless of actions and decisions taken by individuals, rather than an equal start.

Claiming "diversity is racist" is basically declaring oneself a racist.

I call BS on that assertion. This is little more than a typical and often used 'accuse racism' if all else fails.

Eco's Irony Meter Repair, for all your irony meter repair needs.

This is little more than a typical and often used 'accuse racism' if all else fails.

Eco's Irony Meter Repair, for all your irony meter repair needs.

Funny, because I think that accusing the observation that forcing diversity based on heritage and race rather than ability is racist as racist is ironic.

Funny, because I think that accusing the observation that forcing diversity based on heritage and race rather than ability is racist as racist is ironic.

Your claim is just stupid crap pushing the foundation of racism: that racism does not exist (and slavery doesn't matter) and therefor disproportionate representation in poverty is genetic.

The denial of racism is the heart of racism. And you always go that way.

Your claim is just stupid crap pushing the foundation of racism: that racism does not exist (and slavery doesn't matter) and therefor disproportionate representation in poverty is genetic.

If you notice, I didn't dispute the first 1/2 of this, so no, I'm not denying the first 1/2 of this.
Doesn't it strike you as racist to take the position that poverty is linked to genetics?

The denial of racism is the heart of racism. And you always go that way.
As posted, I didn't deny that there are small remnants of racism still today. But I am also taking the position that society today is the least racist society that we've ever had.

Better that you don't claim positions for others.

Back
Top Bottom